Bud Washing

Hey Hiker,

I think they would be safe to make oil IF you cook/bake the buds first. ( plus of course, washing first ) Then, you ingest the oil like an edible, you don't smoke it.

But with that said, I wouldn't using anything that was visibly moldy or rotted for anything at all.

So with the washing process using peroxide, lemon and baking soda, plus then baking at 245 for 1 hour, and then stripping with alcohol, not much is going to survive that. I think the resulting oil would be pure and safe to ingest. Also, the peroxide is food safe...

So, I've washed all of my buds.

The most interesting thing is that when I wash washing them, the smells really came alive! Not sure if it was due to the peroxide or what, but wow, the aromas!

Also, I didn't notice any damage or loss of trichomes at all. I'm sure there was some minor loss, but nothing very significant.

Bud washing for the win!

I admit I did not read through whole thread, but I am considering doing this with next harvest due to using 'Mighty Wash' on plants about 1/2 of way through flower, and I have one concern that may have been addressed....

Does this process break off much if any of the precious trichomes and washing them away in the water?

I admit I did not read through whole thread, but I am considering doing this with next harvest due to using 'Mighty Wash' on plants about 1/2 of way through flower, and I have one concern that may have been addressed....

Does this process break off much if any of the precious trichomes and washing them away in the water?

Nothing that an extra hit couldnt replace :rofl:

There are some good photos a few pages back 8-15, where lots of people posted their washed buds with trichome pics. I personally, haven't noticed any loss of glands at all, but I assume that as with any handling, I might lose a couple. I'm not concerned with it, as it's a statistically irrelevant amount, and not something that you can feel when medicating. Just my experience, FWIW. :peace::Namaste:

For all those that are afraid of losing trichomes......

I'm sure all of you break up your bud before smoking it...right.....??

Have you every broken up your bud over a mirror or glass table or a black surface and seen how many trichomes you lose in the process??

This washing will not make you lose even a fraction of the trichomes that you lose by breaking up your bud before smoking it, matter of fact, I lose more trichomes in my curing jars than bud washing will lose that is if it loses any.

If you prefer a finer, higher quality smoking experience, then bud washing is the way to go! So you may lose a few trichomes... there are still a zillion other trichomes that will get ya high... I'm sure if you smoked 1 or 2 trichomes, its not going to get you high anyways...

hey whats up doc this is my 1st grow i also grow in my basement i have been on a quest for a year reading and learning about growing cannabis and i am about to harvest it in two weeks i wanted my bud to blow all my growers friends bud out the water i used many different techniques on my 1st grow check it out and i will be back around 4-20 to let you know how the bud washing goes

fell free to check out this noobs 1st grow

Hi Doc,

Back again after an absence. It seems that some people are confusing your bud wash with water curing. It could not be be any farther apart from my experience. A four tub wash and then immediate drying isn't at all the same as submerging your buds under water for up to 10 days and then allowing them to air dry.

well said Icemud :bravo:

Hi Doc,

Back again after an absence. It seems that some people are confusing your bud wash with water curing. It could not be be any farther apart from my experience. A four tub wash and then immediate drying isn't at all the same as submerging your buds under water for up to 10 days and then allowing them to air dry.

New things are always hard for people to accept at first. Once you try it....you'll be very happy you did!

New things are always hard for people to accept at first. Once you try it....you'll be very happy you did!

You don't have to convince me Doc I am already a convert. In fact I sing it's virtues from coast to coast and love it when the people I'm telling about the wash eyes bug out of their head in disbelief. Then we fire up a bowl and they get it! I thank you for all of the groundbreaking work you are doing AND having the sack to share it with all of us.

I'm telling about the wash eyes bug out of their head in disbelief. Then we fire up a bowl and they get it!

This is my favorite part about washing buds, the looks others give me until they try them!! LOL They all love it!

This is my favorite part about washing buds, the looks others give me until they try them!! LOL They all love it!

What???? You're saying that NO ONE wondered what happened to all the good trichs?????? NOBODY???

Sheesh, that's ... :cheesygrinsmiley: ... typical ...

:laughtwo:

What???? You're saying that NO ONE wondered what happened to all the good trichs?????? NOBODY???

Sheesh, that's ... :cheesygrinsmiley: ... typical ...

:laughtwo:

LOL!!! after their first hit and smile... definitely looks as no concern to them and enjoyment has been reached :)

LOL!!! after their first hit and smile... definitely looks as no concern to them and enjoyment has been reached :)

100% conversion rate to washed buds once they try it. And if someone is worried about losing a statistically insignificant number of trichomes in the process, they can always add a pinch of kief to the bowl.

But that would be silly.

Washing Buds=Best Practice

That's just all there is to it! Now, I'm excited to hear about new and different ways of washing buds. I'm wondering how a good gentle hosing down while still alive would work?

100% conversion rate to washed buds once they try it. And if someone is worried about losing a statistically insignificant number of trichomes in the process, they can always add a pinch of kief to the bowl.

But that would be silly.

That's just all there is to it! Now, I'm excited to hear about new and different ways of washing buds. I'm wondering how a good gentle hosing down while still alive would work?

Hey Doc, actually it works quite well. I have a friend that always puts his girls in his shower for a few minutes before letting them dry a bit before chopping. I think his bud smokes smooth. Just thought I would toss that out for what it is worth. :Namaste:

But that would be silly.

I will give it a try this next run. A few foliar sprays of just R/O water maybe... do you think that it might strip out nutrients though if I do it a few days before harvest? like should I maybe do it with tap water so at least the ppm isnt 0, or maybe just add a oz of tap water and the rest R/O water? I definitely would love to try it.

I will give it a try this next run. A few foliar sprays of just R/O water maybe... do you think that it might strip out nutrients though if I do it a few days before harvest? like should I maybe do it with tap water so at least the ppm isnt 0, or maybe just add a oz of tap water and the rest R/O water? I definitely would love to try it.

I was thinking something like a gentle sprayer on the end of a hose, gently rinsing the buds while still attached to the growing plant. Something to really get in there, soak them, rinse them, etc.

Back
Top Bottom