Budget First Grow - DWC - Veg - LED/CFL - Bud - 600W HPS - Bag Seed - NL#5

Friendectomy

Hello everyone!

Been browsing the forums for awhile now, reading articles and trying to gain as much knowledge as possible. Now I have sprouted some seeds so I guess I will make a journal and see if I can get some hands on learning. I am starting a small DWC grow using the General Hydroponics GO! box, and some additional samples that I picked up at the local hydro store.

bjyW3EJ.jpg

My current set up, I am growing some dispensary bag seed, and then some Northern Lights #5 I got from my brother. (The bagseed first, so I Dont mess up the beautiful NL)

I just vegged 29 bag seeds in between two paper towels and kept the temperature around 70-75 degrees.

Two days later, I had 24 strong tap roots.

j3j0zu8.jpg

I moved the seeds using sterile tweezers into a rapid rooter, then placed them in 12 small cups in a 3 gallon tub. Put expanded clay under each pot so the bubbles from my air strip underneath can moisten the medium.

Alot more seeds germinated than I expected, so I made a half ass little propogator in a milk jug untill pay day so I can get another 3 gallon tub to propogate.

bRJBVXf.jpg

Right now im using two 50W 2700k CFLs, 2 100W 5000k, and 2 cree 100 wat 5000k 2000 lumens LED's. I have a 300W 6700k CFL grow light that I got from the home depot, ran about 70 dollars and when the plants get a little bigger I plan on turning that on to help veg. I think it puts out around 20k lumens? Total lumens for veg will be around 38k, mixed.

On payday I plan on constructing a 5'x5'x6' pvc pipe tent for flowering, and getting a 600w HPS for when I move into flowering.

Right now, my plan is to turn the light to 12/12 as soon as possible to sex these guys and pull out the males, before moving them over to the 30g tote you see beneath the propogator. I plan to have 6, 6" pots in the tote, and every two or 3 weeks add another tote into the 12/12 tent. I will do this untill I have space issues. I am still deciding whether to use a scrog, or just grow them tall with such a small space.

I used RO water in the resevoir, and put 1/4 amount of micro, and rapid start. PH is sitting around 6.5. Since this is a budget grow, I dont have PPM meter and currently only using PH test kit because I Cant afford the proper meters at the moment.

This is day 1, I will keep you guys posted, and please feel free to give any tips or helpful criticisms.

Thanks!
Friend

That's alot of seeds in the dirt... May many of them be females :Namaste: Sounds like you're going to be a busy body for the next while. Good luck and Godspeed on the construction, I'd love to see the process of you care to share some pics of the fabrication. Till then..

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Nice start, I'm pretty much a the same starting point as you. Good luck, and I will be tuned in as you continue your progress. I was checking out that rapid start sample you got, let us know when you start using that stuff if you do. I was looking for something to feed my seedlings other then PH water.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom