Buds stink

Depends on the strain.

From my experience, the smell stays about the same. The taste is what improves over time during the cure process. Yeah, the smell of dried medicine is a little stronger vs. dried. But, like I said; from my personal experience, the smell stays pretty much the same.

:420:

oh yea agreed the more dry it is the less strong the smell
but if you overdry the smell wont really be there but the buds will be crispy and not cure right

Well, the smell doesn't always equal the taste.

You do know, right, that there is a strained called Cat Piss? I've never seen it and hopefully it doesn't find itself into my garden. But...from what I've read...people like it. Sorry, not for me. Kinda makes me think of Andrew Zimmerman on 'Bizarre Foods'.

Should smell like a cross between Lemon pledge, a hint of Pinesol, and diesel. So many prototypes out there. Yours may be different.

I'm currently flowering,,,uh, I think 58 Holy Grail Kushs. That's Kosher Kush X The OG #18. Yeah, it reeks but tastes so good.

og kush to me smells fruity
smells like mango that is overripe on the ground rotting lol

Lemon fuel funk is my description. But as I said, there are so many different phenos. Every seed bank says they have the original. Others try to cross Chem Dawg with Lemon Thai or use true kush like Afghan or Hindu and call them, literally in the strain description, "Original Gangster".

To me, I could not care any less over what the strain name is called. That is the very last of my worries. As long as the farmer is proud of his/her work, that's all that matters. Right?

2 weeks inb a paper bag might be excessive check in a couple days how dry it is then check daily
don't let it get too crispy or it wont have enough moisture to sure and youll have to add moisture in somehow
if its slightly underdried you still gotta let the buds in the bottle breathe until you get the correct moisture content
theres a thing about curing in the faq place
but basically checking moisture content of buds in bottle and if its too wet let it out for a bit then stick it back in rinse repeat till you have correct moisture content

ok i will do that then. thanks for the info. But if i ever do have something dry out to much i usually add a orange peel,piece of lettuce or a slice of apple and it just pulls the moisture from one of those that i use and it doesn't transfer the taste or smell to it.

I'd be concerned about mold growing on the orange peel/lettuce/apple. Boveda Humidipaks are a two way humidity control solution. They will absorb or release humidity to keep it at the percentage stated on the package. They come in a variety of humidities but 62% has been shown to be the best percentage for curing/storing cannabis and last up to a year in a sealed environment. I have no vested interest in Boveda other than being a satisfied customer.

Back
Top Bottom