Budscicle Grow - Hydro, DWC

Modest Grower

Hello, my fellow gardeners! I am back to watch and learn from many others but I feel I must throw something into the mix. The goal here, is a lot of flowering plants strictly pruned, maintained for big colas. So a lot of tops.

I have two approaches. One is with fast auto feminized seeds. I just germinate a bunch and hope they don't grow crazy. This is the more unknown for me.

More likely, I grow out a feminized buba kush in soil and then clone her to get the number of starter plants that zi want.

I've done something similar to this before with solo cups, CFL bulbs and bag seeds so the technique is there and the tech has improved. Thanks to anyone who stops by!

oooh in for it.
it can be a hard go trying to run autos along photos.

are you trying this all in solos with cfls still ?

Hey @bluter thanks for stopping by! So this grow will be one or the other. Either auto's and I have enough of the same strain to start from seed

Or

I grow one feminized photo period Buba kush long enough to get the amount of clones I would use for this grow.

If I grow straight from seeds (auto) those will go into individual baskets that will all be in the same nutrient container started hydro DWC.

If I grow for clones, I will probably start in soil and I don't think I have any CFL bulbs anymore buthis do have two lights from sponsors that I can take full advantage of for this grow. More info on that when I look at the info so I get it right.

I grow one feminized photo period Buba kush long enough to get the amount of clones I would use for this grow.

Or If I grow straight from seeds (auto) those will go into individual baskets that will all be in the same nutrient container started hydro DWC.

is multiple plants in one large common res the end goal ?

is multiple plants in one large common res the end goal ?
Exactly! I'll post pics when I get back home tomorrow and start setting up but the reservoir is one giant tub for like storing stuff. The top has a ton of holes cut to fit solo cup sized Hydro cups of coco rocks? And each plant.

The hydro set up for the budscicles will be in a 4x4 under a Mars Hydro FC6500

When I start all the auto's, I'll start the mother (photoperiod) in a 2x4 and then clone off her for the same run in the Hydro for budscicles.

I anticipate the photo period run will be more controlled and give me the result I am looking for. More info to come! Happy Saturday!

Exactly! I'll post pics when I get back home tomorrow and start setting up but the reservoir is one giant tub for like storing stuff. The top has a ton of holes cut to fit solo cup sized Hydro cups of coco rocks? And each plant.

The hydro set up for the budscicles will be in a 4x4 under a Mars Hydro FC6500

When I start all the auto's, I'll start the mother (photoperiod) in a 2x4 and then clone off her for the same run in the Hydro for budscicles.

I anticipate the photo period run will be more controlled and give me the result I am looking for. More info to come! Happy Saturday!

have you run the system before ?
i used to run a common res system. if one plant gets sick it kills them all.

That's good info Bluter and makes sense. I've run the various components of the system a couple of times. I'll have to be extra careful keeping the res clean and being attentive.

if you have a look at the guys on the board who run similar stuff, they generally wind up growing one massive plant. that's pretty much how i wound up with mine. a single plant in something like that will easily fill a 4 x 4.

Happy Friday everyone!

@bluter really got me thinking about single versus a lot of plants in hydro. In the Canadian forum, they were talking about the 4 plant limit and potential consequences.

All of this got me thinking and I'm really inspired to re invent my original grow that brought me to 420 magazine and do it by incorporating what I have learned here experimenting with Hydro. All this to say, I will be doing a Flux style grow, inspired by @Light Addict .

Light addict has always pushed the envelope with creativity and he is the reason I originally created this account. So for this grow, I will Flux out a bubba kush and I want to root the plant at each of these holes you see. I will then lollipop each of the vertical shoots to replicate budscicles.

Basically, mimicking A lot of plants for budscicles but instead of having 15 clones it will be one plant rooted in 15 places. Not sure if someone has done this exact grow but I know LA did a lot of grafting on his snoop project so I will be revisiting a lot of his journals to refresh myself on fluxing and getting these spots to root at will. Sorry for the delay and ramble! Seed was dropped in water yesterday.

20231201_223807.jpg

Happy Sunday! My apologies for the delay but the early progress isn't the most exciting and to be honest, I have been super busy.

That said, everything is coming together nicely. I germinated one feminized seed of buba kush successfully and it is now in a rockwool plug with I think the first true leaves.

Just moved it under its first real LED light today. I had it just hanging out under my oven exhaust lights while it got above ground.

Clay pebbles coming tomorrow so I'll move the rockwool plug to a basket and get it's home set up soon. Have a great week!

20231209_192913.jpg

20231214_201022.jpg

20231217_200536.jpg

Back
Top Bottom