Budz: Mars Hydro FC-E3000, 3x3, Do Si Dos SCROG Grow

Looking great Buds!
That one girl looks like she's ready to explode with some new growth
Thanks ! I'm just hoping someone experienced at SCROG gives me a little advice. It's pretty much been all guess work with things I've read so far. The Do-Si Dos has new branches coming up everywhere so kind of anxious to get her under the net. I think it's ready but want an experienced opinion.

Thanks ! I'm just hoping someone experienced at SCROG gives me a little advice. It's pretty much been all guess work with things I've read so far. The Do-Si Dos has new branches coming up everywhere so kind of anxious to get her under the net. I think it's ready but want an experienced opinion.

I'm far from experienced with it, @Tokin Roll might be able to help with some advice though.

I figured since Cal Mag is 1-0-0 it has both, the N & Mg so I added that into the mix when you helped me with the last nute calculation
I'm confused buds. The 2g formula, did you add stuff above and beyond what I recommended? Keep in mind that if you change things up you risk throwing certain ratios out the window.

What did yu do when you went from 2g/gal from the first recipe? I don't recall giving a 3g or 4g prior to today.

I'm confused buds. The 2g formula, did you add stuff above and beyond what I recommended? Keep in mind that if you change things up you risk throwing certain ratios out the window.

What did yu do when you went from 2g/gal from the first recipe? I don't recall giving a 3g or 4g prior to today.
That's probably where I screwed things up. When I went from 2 to 3 gr. I only added the Silica. I used 3 ml. of Si with 3 gr. MC. I think my biggest problem is I hate to bother you with calculations as I know you help a lot of people out. So I hate to take up your time. I don't want to be a pest, so to speak. I usually stay between 4 - 4.5 gr. of MC till I start to flower. Then I add the Terpenator to the mix & increase things .5 gr. at a time.

I think my biggest problem is I hate to bother you with calculations as I know you help a lot of people out.
Hey, it's why I hang around here. Don't ever be afraid to reach out to me or any other member for that matter. For the most part we all like to help.

Yes, you need to stick with the ratios. It's not just adding silica. MC has too much of some stuff and not enough of others. That program, and don't worry if you never figure it out, can help you find the right ingredients to use. You have one of the best combinations of nutes that allows you that flexibility. I think your plants can handle 4g of MC equivalent, but I wouldn't go higher than 4.5g before flipping to flower.

Pretty much got the Tent up & ready to go. Running it a few hours today to make sure everything works as planned before adding plants. Took me a little longer to get this tent together then planned because I just started a new job Weds. Feels good to be working again after about a year being off. Just could not find work in the printing industry until now. I kind of went crazy with the Hanging bars; but it sure makes things solid up top. The tent has 3/4" poles. The extra Green Poles are the VivoSun 5/8" Poles. They actually work fine as the hanging hoops are just wide & deep enough to all line up & fit well. Here's some pics.
12-100.JPG
12-101.JPG
12-102.JPG
12-103.JPG
12-104.JPG
12-105.JPG

I had planned to up-pot the 1 gal. pots & move them to the big tent this morning; but that has to wait a day or three.
Yesterday morning the leaves were drooping pretty bad so I had to feed. Was afraid to wait 1 more day. So now I have to wait for them to dry enough to up-pot.

12-106.JPG
12-107.JPG

8 of the 1 gal. pots have been topped. Haven't done the Bruce Banger yet.

Nice looking setup Buds!
Having a little issue getting things dialed in. I didn't think about the Portable AC Compressor kicking on & off & causing suction on the tent. I put the 6" Intake on & it works fine while the Compressor is running. But when the compressor kicks off the intake air blows the tent out. Wish I could hook the Intake Air to the Compressor so they kick on & off at the same time. For now the only solution is to leave the bottom zipper open on 1 of the doors. It's doing OK that way.
The good news is.... I set my AC on 75 F, so it kicks off at 73 & kicks on at 78. So temp is staying in between 73 - 78 F.
The RH is set for 60% & kicks on at about 55% & off at about 65%. So pretty decent in that aspect of things.

*** Word of Advice *** If you buy a Bar Style Light.... make damned sure it has removeable Drivers that can go outside the tent. Otherwise, you'll be going through the same stuff I am. PITA ! I think these Bar Lights are more for an Air Conditioned Grow Room & not so much for tents. But if you get one with removeable drivers you should be fine.

Got my .000 Scale @MrSauga . Pretty cool scale. Has a lid that goes over it to block air from messing with the weight.
A 20 gr. weight comes with it to recalibrate it. It also comes with 4 little weighing scoops. I like it. Only downfall is it only weighs up to 50 gr. So it will only be used for nute calculations. Good thing I have 2 other scales.

I'll need some other Calculations when I switch to Flower & add the Terpenator. I plan to put all 9 in flower on July 1st. Not sure how many gr. MC I'll be at just yet, but it's usually 4.5 - 5 gr. per gal. when I switch to 12/12. Hope you don't mind.

Started my up-potting. Got 6 of the 1 gallon pots up-potted to 3 gal. pots. I know I'll never waste time in a Solo Cup again after seeing the root ball on these girls I started in 1 gal. pots. 30 days exactly in 1 gal. pots & I can barely see any soil. Roots completely cover the soil. I'll post pics in a day or 2 after I complete the up-pots. Ran out of soil so I'll have to pick up a couple bags on my way home from work tomorrow. Planning to up-pot the Do-Si-Dos from 5 to 10 gal. then So I can get ready for the net this weekend.

Hey there @Bill284 , you seem to know a little about electric. I ran electric for a portable AC. 10-2 with Ground wire. Ran to a Breaker with only 1 GFCI Outlet to it for the AC. AC Manual says it only requires a 15 Amp Breaker to a dedicated line for the AC. However, it keeps tripping the Breaker about 5 minutes after I turn it on. AC itself says it's
9.0 / 10.6 Amps. Not sure if I should put a bigger breaker in; like a 20 or 30 Amp. Wire is rated for 30 Amp.
Just not sure because the manual says 15 Amp breaker should work. I wonder if it's a bad breaker.
Wish I'd of bought a smaller 8000 BTU AC instead of this 14000 BTU.... it's overkill for sure.

Hey there @Bill284 , you seem to know a little about electric. I ran electric for a portable AC. 10-2 with Ground wire. Ran to a Breaker with only 1 GFCI Outlet to it for the AC. AC Manual says it only requires a 15 Amp Breaker to a dedicated line for the AC. However, it keeps tripping the Breaker about 5 minutes after I turn it on. AC itself says it's
9.0 / 10.6 Amps. Not sure if I should put a bigger breaker in; like a 20 or 30 Amp. Wire is rated for 30 Amp.
Just not sure because the manual says 15 Amp breaker should work. I wonder if it's a bad breaker.
Wish I'd of bought a smaller 8000 BTU AC instead of this 14000 BTU.... it's overkill for sure.
Hello @Buds Buddy great looking grow as usual.
What is the unit rated for? Don't put in a breaker bigger than recommend. If so then I bet it's the gfci.
Gfci's are notoriously touchy.
Is it wired correctly correctly for sure?
If so try a different one or a regular one.
My money is on the gfci.
If breaker is correct size.
Bill

I'll need some other Calculations when I switch to Flower & add the Terpenator. I plan to put all 9 in flower on July 1st. Not sure how many gr. MC I'll be at just yet, but it's usually 4.5 - 5 gr. per gal. when I switch to 12/12. Hope you don't mind.
Sure, remind me once you get closer to the date Buds.

Hello @Buds Buddy great looking grow as usual.
What is the unit rated for? Don't put in a breaker bigger than recommend. If so then I bet it's the gfci.
Gfci's are notoriously touchy.
Is it wired correctly correctly for sure?
If so try a different one or a regular one.
My money is on the gfci.
If breaker is correct size.
Bill
That's just it. It's not kicking the GFCI off. Only kicks the breaker in the panel off. I know whenever a compressor kicks on it takes a whole lot more power. But it's only for a quick few seconds. I think that's when it kicks the breaker off. I used a 20 Amp on my 8000 BTU Window AC & never had it kick off. But this one is 14000 BTU. I seen a 6000 BTU Portable AC at Home Depot today. I'll probably buy it this weekend & switch it out. Says it covers 250 Sq. ft. My current AC covers 750 - 800 Sq. ft. (Can you say Overkill ?)

A quick little update. First off, here's the root ball at exactly 30 days from seed that were started in 1 gal. pots. This is why I've decided to skip the Solo Cups from now on. All 5 of the plants I started on 4-13 had the same type of root ball.
The 1 plant I up-potted that I started on the 20th had a decent root ball; but not as nice as the ones started a week earlier. So I'm waiting till this weekend to up-pot the other 3 plants. All 9 are in the big tent now. Had to make room in the 3x3 for the SCROG Net.
Here's a few pics.
12-108.JPG
12-109.JPG
12-110.JPG
12-111.JPG
12-112.JPG
12-113.JPG

I changed the breaker from a 15 Amp to a 20 Amp for the AC. It's running fine now. I think the compressor start up kicked the breaker off.

So this morning I up-potted the D0-Si-Dos SCROG Girl. She's now in a 10 gal. (Final Pot). I think she's about ready for the net. Was planning to put it in this weekend. Just need to know.... "How high above the canopy the net should be ?"
Anybody ???
Here's some pics of her.
11-179.JPG
11-180.JPG
11-181.JPG

Back
Top Bottom