Budz: Mars Hydro FC-E3000, 3x3, Do Si Dos SCROG Grow

Right now I have 6/2 with Ground (Direct Burial Wire) but I still put it in Liquid Tight before I buried it. It's not deep so I can pull it up & over to the house pretty easy. I'm just not sure if using a bigger breaker (50 Amp) & bigger wire (#6) is OK when the lighting control box for 120V says use ONLY #10 Wire & a 30 AMP Breaker. Changing the Breaker to a 30 Amp is easy if that's all I need to do. I don't see why #6 wire would make a difference; other then being safer.
What do you think ?
The thicker wire is actually better takes less draw to transport elec.
But breaker is vital to be right rating. If it says 30 use 30 not 50.
Wires fine breaker has to change.
Bill

I figure I better do an update since I'll be re-doing the 5 x 5 over the next few days.

Here are the 9 new girls.... (hopefully). The smaller ones are a week younger. I'll have a nice variety if all goes well.

12-37.JPG
12-38.JPG
12-39.JPG
12-40.JPG
12-41.JPG
12-42.JPG
12-43.JPG
12-44.JPG
12-45.JPG
12-46.JPG

Not bad. 9 out of 10 seeds germinated straight in the soil with 4 days. 90% success.

Anyway, I bought all the conduit, wire, breaker, GFCI outlet, etc. so I can run a dedicated circuit for my portable AC. I'll be starting that project today so I have to take my Light, Exhaust & Intake down to move the tent out & do the work. So the 3 x 3 will be cramped the next few days. I bought this AC back in Jan. while it was on sale. Hope it works.... lol. Never plugged it in yet. It's new so it better work. This one has Heat & Dehumidifier also.

12-47.JPG

The Do-Si-Dos is moving along slowly but surely. Seems pretty small for 39 days to me. Never the less, I do seem to have the branches going in the right directions.

11-154.JPG
11-155.JPG
11-156.JPG
11-157.JPG

Here's some pics I found online of the way I'm trying to do this SCROG.

Sample 1.jpg
Sample 2.jpg
Sample 3.jpg

Hey all, sorry I haven't done an update in a week. Had to dig a 40' long 12" deep trench in rock hard Arizona Ground that took me 3 days of soaking & digging. I got the electric ran for a dedicated AC circuit. Then got sick for a couple days. Starting to feel better now so I'll get pics & stuff today.
Now that I've put a portable AC & Humidifier in the 5 x 5 I don't have enough grow space. AZ. weather is a bitch to deal with. Way too hot & dry. So, the 5 x 5 will be coming down in a week or so. Ordering a 4 x 8 today; which will leave me a 4 x 6 grow area after equipment. Best I can do & all I have enough room for.

Hey all, sorry I haven't done an update in a week. Had to dig a 40' long 12" deep trench in rock hard Arizona Ground that took me 3 days of soaking & digging. I got the electric ran for a dedicated AC circuit. Then got sick for a couple days. Starting to feel better now so I'll get pics & stuff today.
Now that I've put a portable AC & Humidifier in the 5 x 5 I don't have enough grow space. AZ. weather is a bitch to deal with. Way too hot & dry. So, the 5 x 5 will be coming down in a week or so. Ordering a 4 x 8 today; which will leave me a 4 x 6 grow area after equipment. Best I can do & all I have enough room for.
That's a lot of hard work in this AZ. weather. I put humidifier outside of tent near the intake. You can see the mist being drawn in. I only have a 2x4 tent so it works for me.

That works for the 3 x 3 in the other room that only has a 300 watt light. But the 5 x 5 is an 800 watt & the Driver's not removable. The AC will work wonders. I've done this a while back & had perfect RH & Temps all the time. Didn't want the extra cost of running the portable AC. But I see no way around it to get things right & quit messing with it. All the different things I've tried probably cost me 2 years worth of electric bills. Nothing worked perfectly accept using an AC.

Anyone familiar with CastleGreens Tents ? Found a 4 x 8 with the 1080D Mylar & Square Doors I like. It has 3/4" steel poles & connectors. Just waiting on them to reply on buying extra Hanging Poles before I purchase it. Looks to be a decent tent for $259 on zon.
Was going to buy the AC Infinity Tent; but the 4 x 8 is still in production with no ETA.

OK, been a busy couple days; but back with an update. I'll start with the Do-Si-Dos. 2 days ago I did a pretty good defol on her because I planned to up-pot & needed to find branches to tie down afterward.
11-158.JPG
11-159.JPG

By the time I got it out of the 3 gal. pot & into the 5 all the branches were all curled up. Couldn't believe how fast they did that.
11-160.JPG
11-161.JPG
11-162.JPG
11-163.JPG

And here she is after the up-pot & tied back down.
11-164.JPG
11-165.JPG
11-166.JPG

Sure seems small for 44 days old. Going to let the branches grow out a little more before I add the net.
So far she's at 3 gr. MC per gal. I haven't added anything else as I'm still figuring out the nute calculator charts.
I am pH-ing to 6.4 every feeding. Feeding 1 gal. twice per week now.... I think. I fed a gallon this time anyway. Have to see what it takes to get run off next feeding.

Here we have the 5 plants that I started 1 week before the next 4 I'll be showing. These are all looking pretty good so far to me. I haven't topped them yet; but I did remove the bottom node from these 5 girls. They are getting fed at 2 gr. MC per gal.
12-48.JPG
12-49.JPG
12-50.JPG
12-51.JPG

Here are the other 4. Not sure what's going on with the Bruce Banger. She looks all kinds of weird.
12-52.JPG
12-53.JPG
12-54.JPG
12-55.JPG
12-56.JPG

Any idea ? Been this way from the start. Maybe she'll grow out of it. Not sure.

Rest of the pics of the 9 plants.
12-57.JPG
12-58.JPG
12-59.JPG
12-60.JPG
12-61.JPG
12-62.JPG

As you can see in the pic below the 5x5 is now too small for 9 plants in 3 gal. pots. The 9 plant set up you see in the pic is only for 1 gal. pots.
12-63.JPG

So I ordered this 4x8 tent this morning & it's suppose to arrive Sunday. I also ordered 4 extra sets of VivoSun Hanging Bars for it. Sure hope they work. The tent company couldn't get me extra bars for 45 - 60 days so went with these.
CastleGreens     4x8 Tent.jpg
VivoSun    Hanging Bars.jpg

And while doing all this I decided to make some more Hash. Still in the process; but here's some of it. Got a little weed mixed in one small batch on accident.
Hash Grade 1.JPG
Hash Grade 2.JPG

Also decided to make some butter. Thought I'd see if I could make Sun Canna Butter. So I left the jar in the sun from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. yesterday. Looks like it came out good; but the proof is in the butter. I'll be testing it in the morning.
Sun CannaButter 1.JPG
Sun CannaButter 2.JPG

Woo-Hoo ! Got my new tent yesterday morning & from what I'm seeing so far it is an excellent tent that I would highly recommend. It's a Castle Greens 4x8x6.5 tent. Hast 3/4" poles & 1080D Mylar. The Corners on the tent all have double layers of material to prevent tearing, has the big square doors I like. Also has 4 - 4" Duct ports on the back wall. Wish those were 8"; but this was the best I could find with most the features I was looking for. I think these guys & AC Infinity could give Gorilla a run for their money. Especially since these are 1/2 the price.
The AC Infinity is still in production or I'd of bought that one most likely because it has 1" bars & 2000D Mylar.
I'm still putting the tent together. I'll post pics once it's all up. Waiting on my new 6" Filter & Flex Duct which is suppose to be here today.

By the way, the Hash & Butter came out great this time. I guess the 3rd time is a charm. My 1st batch of butter was so dark green & strong all I could taste was weed. 2nd batch I could still taste the weed a little; but nothing like the 1st batch. But it was still pretty strong because I'd eat a brownie & 15-30 minutes later I was ready for a nap. This batch is much better. Can't taste the weed & a good buzz.
I didn't block up my hash this time. I left it crumbled & I throw a bud in the grinder & sprinkle a little hash on it. Grind it all up & smoke me a fatty. Nice added effect that seems to make the high last a lot longer.

Time to do an update. I'll start out with the 5 in 1 gallon pots. Last week I cut the bottom nodes off these 5 girls. 2 days ago I topped them. That leaves me 6 main branches to LST. Planning to up-pot these 5 ladies to 3 gal. pots this weekend. Just started some minor LST on these girls this morning. I'm only feeding these 5 at 2 gr. per gal. of MC until I up-pot.

12-64.JPG
12-65.JPG
12-66.JPG
12-67.JPG
12-68.JPG
12-69.JPG
12-70.JPG
12-71.JPG
12-72.JPG
12-73.JPG

Next up are the 4 girls in 1 gal. pots that I started a week after the previous 5 that I'm fixing to up-pot. I'm just feeding these at 1 gr. per gal. ; but will go to 2 gr. next feeding.

12-74.JPG
12-75.JPG
12-76.JPG
12-77.JPG
12-78.JPG
12-79.JPG

Here's the Bruce Banger. Looks like her leaves are starting to grow out all the same color green. My TMNT girl. She's a little smaller then the rest; but I think she may catch up.

12-80.JPG
12-82.JPG

12-81.JPG

Here's the rest of the tent pics (Inside). Full View. As you can see in the pics I can open this tent with the big square door opening. I could also use it with the D-Door opening if I choose. Best of both worlds. I also opted for a tent with 3/4" Poles instead of the smaller 16 mm poles most tents have. My light weighs over 50 lbs. so I felt I should get thicker bars.
12-91.JPG
12-92.JPG

(Left Side Wall)
12-93.JPG

(Left Rear Wall)
12-94.JPG

(Right Rear Wall)
12-95.JPG

(Right Side Wall)
12-96.JPG

All my Electric & Ducting is ready to go. Extra Hanging Bars are suppose to be here today.... Hope they fit.
Once they get here I'll be finishing up the tent (whether the new hanging poles work or not). Here's what's left to do on it. Hope to have it up & running this weekend as I need more room. The 3x3 is starting to get cramped.

12-97.JPG
12-98.JPG
12-99.JPG

Joint Break & then back with the Do-Si-Dos.

Here is the Do-Si-Dos. Debating on up-potting her 1 more time to a 10 gal. pot before she goes under the SCROG Net.
Up-Pot ? Ready for the net ? My first SCROG guys so all advice is helpful.

11-167.JPG
11-168.JPG
11-169.JPG
11-170.JPG

Hey there @MrSauga , here is the plant & the deficiencies I'm seeing. Not sure if it's N & Mg or just Mg causing it.
I figured since Cal Mag is 1-0-0 it has both, the N & Mg so I added that into the mix when you helped me with the last nute calculation. Thanks Again !

11-171.JPG
11-172.JPG
11-173.JPG
11-174.JPG
11-175.JPG

Back
Top Bottom