Budz: Mars Hydro FC-E3000, 3x3, Do Si Dos SCROG Grow

Your going to have to figure out a pully system. When that tent is full your screwed.
Maby brace the support bar above the light. And attached a little roller pully.
When those girls fill that tent you will never get in there to adjust it.
Otherwise you will have to mount it high as you can and leave it.
Bill
I was going to suggest a pulley mounted at top center. Use 1 cord to pull to front of tent

I was going to suggest a pulley mounted at top center. Use 1 cord to pull to front of tent
I don't think the tent is sturdy enough for that; which is 1/2 the problem of finding something that will work. This light weighs about 50 lbs. I bought heavy duty steel rings to slide over the hanging poles to hang it from. I've got 3 hanging poles each direction & it still bows the top of the tent in some. Zip tied all the intersections on the poles to make things as solid as possible. Like I said, these lights have their downfalls when used in a tent. I wouldn't buy a 2nd one. I'd rather have 4 smaller lights.

My Exhaust isn't working very well now that I don't have a straight shot out the back of the tent. The 4 Bends & extra 8' of duct has messed it up. I had no problem keeping it under 80 F when it was a straight shot. Now with the bends & longer duct I can't get the temp under 88 F. I'm going to have to put the 6" Exhaust in & find a better way to route it.
This Sucks ! Have to take the light down & almost everything out of the tent so I can move the tent out to get to the duct work. Tomorrow.... too frustrated to deal with it right now.

Can you get a piece of plywood above the bars. It will spread the weight out evenly.
I used a 1x8 above my support bars and hung all lights from it.
I put Carpet above it to protect the tent.
Bill

Can you get a piece of plywood above the bars. It will spread the weight out evenly.
I used a 1x8 above my support bars and hung all lights from it.
I put Carpet above it to protect the tent.
Bill
It's sturdy enough now with everything zip tied together.
These tent companies need to learn how to make tents. There should be rubber rings around the vent holes blocking the light that goes through the stitching (something I found on this tent). They should include some Bungy Cord type belts to go around your duct once it goes through the hole. The Drawstrings don't cut it. The Screen Vents should be at the top of the tent walls to let heat out. Heat Rises. Rectangle Doors with Velcro Flaps to prevent light leaks. Heavier Duty Poles. And none of those viewing windows that let light in. There should be some kind of Velcro Flap covering every zipper on the tent. And of course some duct holes on all 3 walls & none on the ceiling; unless it's a 4 x 8 or larger. Now you're talking a quality tent ! I'd pay extra for it.

My Exhaust isn't working very well now that I don't have a straight shot out the back of the tent. The 4 Bends & extra 8' of duct has messed it up. I had no problem keeping it under 80 F when it was a straight shot. Now with the bends & longer duct I can't get the temp under 88 F. I'm going to have to put the 6" Exhaust in & find a better way to route it.
This Sucks ! Have to take the light down & almost everything out of the tent so I can move the tent out to get to the duct work. Tomorrow.... too frustrated to deal with it right now.
I hear that sounds aggravating

Nice setup will follow along i have some Big Head Seeds Do-Si-Dos and T H Seeds Do-Si-Dos.
OK, let's do a little Do-Si-Dos update. This is where I started this morning. I felt she was too Bushy to LST properly so she got a Haircut.
11-144.JPG
11-145.JPG
11-146.JPG
11-150.JPG

Those leaves were blocking everything anyway. Afterward, I did my LST to try to get my branches flowing 8 directions.
So far it appears to be working.

11-147.JPG
11-149.JPG

I'm not sure when to put up the SCROG Net & let things grow upward so please let me know. Thanks !

11-148.JPG

You're running those baby plants at 50,000 lux?
I know they say 30,000 the 1st couple weeks; but I never have. Most the time I don't even check it. Just raise or lower the lights till the leaves do what they're suppose to. But since this light is a PITA to raise & lower I thought I'd go back to using the LUX Meter just to get in the ball park with the dimmer switch if possible.

Can't remember if it was 420 or GWE where I got that info. May have even been someplace else. I'll check it tonight to see where it actually is.

Wish I wasn't so worried about an electrical fire. Just not sure what Manufactured Home wiring can handle. I'd like to just hook up my portable AC to my tent & just run my intake & Exhaust maybe 15 minutes every 4 - 6 hours for air exchange. I'm probably going to try it & see what happens this weekend.

Is it a square tent? 4x4 or 5x5? Why not just rotate the hangars for now so they are on the sides of the tent, instead of the front and back? That way you only have to reach in through the sides. My ARA-6 has four pulleys, one in each corner, but I can suck my gut in enough with flowering plants to skimmy down the sides.

Is it a square tent? 4x4 or 5x5? Why not just rotate the hangars for now so they are on the sides of the tent, instead of the front and back? That way you only have to reach in through the sides. My ARA-6 has four pulleys, one in each corner, but I can suck my gut in enough with flowering plants to skimmy down the sides.
The Tent is in a corner so 1 side & back wall are against a wall no matter which way I go.... unless there's room to put the tent at an Angle so I can get to both sides. Haven't tried that yet.... so maybe. That might also give me some other options for exhaust so I have to think this through & take some measurements. I like the idea if it's feasible.
Never the less, I'm highly disappointed in this tent & want one with the correct vent holes.

3 of the 4 seeds I planted have popped above ground. I can see the curled stem on the 4th one. Just hasn't popped up yet. So I have my 9 plants for this grow. It may end up less by the end as 6 of the plants are Bag Seed & 3 are Fems. I'll post pics in a day or two when they're big enough.

I've been thinking about this tent situation & the high heat issue. I figure if I put the AC in the tent I don't need an intake.
I can use the Saturn 4 for Exhaust & Humidifier & set both to work to control Humidity instead of the fan controlling temp.
I've been wanting to run a Master Lighting Control Box to the house anyway from the pedestal out back. I plan on tearing down my shed / flower room this fall so I can re-route the electric I ran to it. Just not sure how to get it into the house. If I can use conduit to come up from the ground & through the wall that would simplify things; but not sure if that's legal.
All I know is I'd feel much safer if I did this. Thoughts ?

3 of the 4 seeds I planted have popped above ground. I can see the curled stem on the 4th one. Just hasn't popped up yet. So I have my 9 plants for this grow. It may end up less by the end as 6 of the plants are Bag Seed & 3 are Fems. I'll post pics in a day or two when they're big enough.

I've been thinking about this tent situation & the high heat issue. I figure if I put the AC in the tent I don't need an intake.
I can use the Saturn 4 for Exhaust & Humidifier & set both to work to control Humidity instead of the fan controlling temp.
I've been wanting to run a Master Lighting Control Box to the house anyway from the pedestal out back. I plan on tearing down my shed / flower room this fall so I can re-route the electric I ran to it. Just not sure how to get it into the house. If I can use conduit to come up from the ground & through the wall that would simplify things; but not sure if that's legal.
All I know is I'd feel much safer if I did this. Thoughts ?
Use direct burial wire. Use conduit and an LB, into the house. There is nothing wrong with it.
Bill

Use direct burial wire. Use conduit and an LB, into the house. There is nothing wrong with it.
Bill
Right now I have 6/2 with Ground (Direct Burial Wire) but I still put it in Liquid Tight before I buried it. It's not deep so I can pull it up & over to the house pretty easy. I'm just not sure if using a bigger breaker (50 Amp) & bigger wire (#6) is OK when the lighting control box for 120V says use ONLY #10 Wire & a 30 AMP Breaker. Changing the Breaker to a 30 Amp is easy if that's all I need to do. I don't see why #6 wire would make a difference; other then being safer.
What do you think ?

Back
Top Bottom