I’m here and taggin along!
X40 looks like a nice light!
Have you checked out the new SP-150 light from Mars. It’s also a 2’ light and is really sleek! I have been gifted a set from mars to test and so far I really like them!
BAA15449-6357-47D4-9CEF-2358C3694840.jpeg
21FB1D0C-4290-4ECB-8182-0410D664A684.jpeg
FD439E90-7E1E-45A7-9F04-6E50C22D0F7A.jpeg
EE7987E0-EC26-4357-BABC-85BFC5C1ACC1.jpeg
876A361E-C127-4C0F-8EBB-29B08ADE6CBA.jpeg
91922428-ECE1-432F-AAF9-6DCF66A79F67.jpeg
Those look awesome!
What kind of heat are they making?
Those are a steal for that price wow.
:eek:

Those lights are banging for the price @420BudzFreak . I should buy 2 right meow. Right meow, right meow.

Maybe I should just get these in soil ASAP @MrSauga ? Instead of screwing around with my gifted jiffy pots, lol. Or maybe water less... newbs are scared of taproots drying out and we needn’t be. Not dry dry of course, but damp sponge would be sufficient huh?

I generally only water my seedlings with a sprayer bottle to prevent overwatering. I just give them a good 20-30 sprays every morning. Really easy to overwater when drenching soil.

Yours should have an inch or 2 of roots by now. Wouldn't hurt to let them dry up for a day. You'll know pretty quick if they perk right up.

If not, you'll have only wasted a day or 2 and can still up pot them later if needed.

:passitleft:

I'm hoping someone else will chime in regarding up potting. I think it's too soon and would just let the jiffy dry out some. I'm not familiar with that type of way to start a seedling so I don't want to mislead you. My gut just keeps saying too much water :)
The jiffy pellets are fine. Don't be afraid to let them dry out a bit like Sauga suggested. Not completely dry, but yeah. That will force the roots to grow and you'll be off to the races. They look happy so I wouldn't change anything much at the moment. Check on roots every couple days and when you see some, up pot away!.

Those look awesome!
What kind of heat are they making?
Those are a steal for that price wow.
:eek:
The heat they produce is next to nothing. I have a full climate controlled environment and my heater kicks on every once in a while. My tent never gets above 78 with the lights on so they are wicked for temps IMO!

@420BudzFreak I believe @Dutchman1990 is doing a sponsor grow with them and he'll be doing detailed reports. I think he's done some already.

I am going to be doing a mars sponsored journal after this grow Journal is completed. I’ve also got another surprise up my sleeve but I’ll wait for the release of that muahahaha!

I'm hoping someone else will chime in regarding uppotting. I think it's too soon and would just let the jiffy dry out some. I'm not familiar with that type of way to start a seedling so I don't want to mislead you. My gut just keeps saying too much water :)

Ok here we go!

The jiffy pellets or jiffy pucks should only be moistened initially the places the seed inside. Allow then for the jiffy to dry for 24/48 hours monitoring it to make sure it doesn’t dry sooner. As Preston mentioned use a spray bottle and lightly mist the tops of the jiffy’s after the small dry cycle. A healthy seedling should sprout and you should see a tap root within a few days. Once the tap root is exposed it’s time to transfer into a bigger pot. Then use what sauga mentioned watering 1” around from the seeding outwards progressively for the root mass to search and get bigger.

Hope this helps!

The jiffy pellets are fine. Don't be afraid to let them dry out a bit like Sauga suggested. Not completely dry, but yeah. That will force the roots to grow and you'll be off to the races. They look happy so I wouldn't change anything much at the moment. Check on roots every couple days and when you see some, up pot away!.

Thanks so much everyone! Best part of forums is shared knowledge. It’s like the original Zelda, where would we have been without each other sharing secrets? Meh.

Well, I took over a shelf in the closet. 260w LED, I will start transplanting after I see roots, and watering 1/2 as often.

ADDC3902-2067-4507-8EA6-BDE1893B93C6.jpeg

Thanks again!

The heat they produce is next to nothing. I have a full climate controlled environment and my heater kicks on every once in a while. My tent never gets above 78 with the lights on so they are wicked for temps IMO!

I am going to be doing a mars sponsored journal after this grow Journal is completed. I’ve also got another surprise up my sleeve but I’ll wait for the release of that muahahaha!

Nice to know! I very much like them. ;)

Just bought a 4x4 tent and a 200w light. They will be here tomorrow. I believe I drowned Malana Bomb and NYC Diesel, I still have 100 other auto seeds, so this grow may turn into a perpetual autoflower grow.

Lesson learned- Read the instructions, when they are available. I should of drenched my peat moss, then set the dishes in 1/4” of water to promote root growth. Chalk this one up to experience huh @Pennywise

Tangie’matic and Kush Mass Auto are doing great!!! Dishes are in 1/4” of water, and I will start dropping 2 autoflowers every 4-6 weeks!!!

Thanks for all the advice everyone, we live and we learn!

6F605D51-665D-4BD5-933D-59C2778D611F.png

Wouldn’t you No that there is a hydro shop 1/2 mile from my house...

Got a nice x30 x60 loupe today though :)
Oh yeah!

That's a "must have"... you'll be happy you bought it, for sure!
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom