Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & DWCt, White Widow Max

Re: Acers Closet Garden - Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & SH Deep Water Culture unit, White Widow

Thanks again for your compliments!!:)

My plants are all drinking about 1 and 1/2 gallons a day now!!
The LED and the HID plants seem to be drinking the same amount.

The LED plants in the cabinet share 6 gallons of water.

The HID plants are all in buckets with 3 gallons each.

Today... I noticed something interesting.........

The plants under the HID are much moister than the LED. I don't know why... but the HID plants seem to gather water where the leaves touch.

I have not misted or sprayed the plants either... Its not that I don't beleive in it... I just don't have time.

7-29-10_004.JPG

It is hard to see. But there are water drops on the leaves. I have not spayed or misted.

Here are the plants under the LED lighting in my cabinet.

7-29-10_007.JPG

here they are in the tent

7-29-10_006.JPG

The tallest bush is 10 inches now. I plan on going 12/12 this comming monday! Unless I hear something I should do different. I will go 12/12 the same time with my LED and my HID.

Even though I only have 180 watts of LED and will have 600 watts of HID. I think it will be interesting to see how they both go into flower.

Anyway.. thats it for now.

Thanks!!:reading420magazine:

Re: Acers Closet Garden - Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & SH Deep Water Culture unit, White Widow

What beautiful ladies you have there! I think your plan is a solid one Acer, you should get some awsome production with those bushes.:cheer:
I suspect the moisture you see is from the plants transpiring. They will transpire more under the hotter lights, and where leaves overlap and touch for long enough, the water tension will hold them together and more water builds up. If you see a lot of this, you may need to increase your ventilation, get an oscillating fan to gently blow across the tops of the plants to stir the air and get a little leaf movement. I see it occaisionally, especially on the hottest days and in the middle, thickest growth areas. I simply seperate the leaves, give the girls a little shake and they quit cryin so much.

Keep up the nice job you are doing. I loved my DWC, some of the best yielding plants I have ever seen.:bravo:

Looks great man, gonna be some crazy brush there soon. :0

SG

My had to add almost 2 gallons of water today!! The plants were thirsty yesterday!

The rear two plants had a ph of 5.4 and 5.5. I know this is close but I added a few drops in each bucket to get the PH to 5.9 and 6.0.

I really pissed myself off today! I accidentally broke a small 4 node branch off the right rear plant:yikes:

What beautiful ladies you have there! I think your plan is a solid one Acer, you should get some awsome production with those bushes.:cheer:
I suspect the moisture you see is from the plants transpiring. They will transpire more under the hotter lights, and where leaves overlap and touch for long enough, the water tension will hold them together and more water builds up. If you see a lot of this, you may need to increase your ventilation, get an oscillating fan to gently blow across the tops of the plants to stir the air and get a little leaf movement. I see it occaisionally, especially on the hottest days and in the middle, thickest growth areas. I simply seperate the leaves, give the girls a little shake and they quit cryin so much.

Keep up the nice job you are doing. I loved my DWC, some of the best yielding plants I have ever seen.:bravo:

Thanks Dr Dan,

I put a good oscillating fan in my tent. The girls seem to like it!

They didn't appreciate your comment about crying though!! :)

Thanks,

Easy with the ladies ace! lol

SG
I was so mad!!! I almost made another clone but I cannot afford another plant right now!!:lot-o-toke:

Ok....Now that I am 30 days into veg and my plants are very healthy. I decided to go 12/12 Sunday instead of Monday.

Today I drained the res and all buckets and refilled with PH balanced water.

The lights are going to be off for 24 hours. I have heard of different odd number of hour times to transition the plants. I just find it easier for me to go 24 because I have alot of other things in my life to mangage and 24 hours equals 1 day...EASY!!!

I replaced my 400 watt HID bulb in the tent with a 600 watt for flowering.

The LED's are super easy because I don't have to change anything!!

Sounds good man! How are they lookin?

SG

Hey SG,

They are all looking really good. This is the best start in a grow I have ever had!! The LED's are looking great and are filling up the cabinet nicely but the HID's definately seem to have a big advantage with the extra wattage!!

Tomorrow 7 AM I am going to flush again and add nutes. The new 600 HID for the tent should be very exciting.

My goal will be 600 PpM for the 1st week in flower.

I will give both tent and cab the same dosage!

Thanks, ;)

Hoo-Ya! Hey Marine, got room for a Army Medic?

Cruisin thru the journals and got sight of your thread. Just wanted to hollar at ya but I'm winding down at work and need to read up.

When you 1st got on board, you had mentioned you were about 3 wks out of a personal stash harvest. Hope that worked out for you and the missus.

Anyways, once I get home I'll hit a rip for you and finish reading your post. Then I'll state my 2cents from the peanut gallery. Laters!

:roorrip: :peace:

High Acer, just poping in. Looks good bro!

Wow man, I dig your style. From project stealth (low-low) to PROJECT STEALTH (Meds STAT and then some). Great to have a working model with tutor.

With two different grow sites you'll be able to stagger future grows and be in the fresh on a reg basis! Not a bad position.

Nice thread. Token and eating grapes while cashing in on the awesome tips is great reading. :reading420magazine: Gotta hand it to you for such a hard charging effort and can't wait to see these diverse grows finish out.

So Plus Reps brother.....Acer's in the house! :bravo:

You have taken it to a new level and I'm amazed. Can you tell me how you feel about the LED lights.

High Acer, just poping in. Looks good bro!

Thanks Green!! :)

Wow man, I dig your style. From project stealth (low-low) to PROJECT STEALTH (Meds STAT and then some). Great to have a working model with tutor.

With two different grow sites you'll be able to stagger future grows and be in the fresh on a reg basis! Not a bad position.

Nice thread. Token and eating grapes while cashing in on the awesome tips is great reading. :reading420magazine: Gotta hand it to you for such a hard charging effort and can't wait to see these diverse grows finish out.

So Plus Reps brother.....Acer's in the house! :bravo:

Thanks for the Plus Reps!!! My grow sure has become larger than first anticipated. I just need to grow enough for my wife and myself!!

Thanks again!! :thanks:

You have taken it to a new level and I'm amazed. Can you tell me how you feel about the LED lights.

The LED lights work great. They are much more stealth and much cooler temp than the HID. My LED plants are growing not quite as fast as the HID, but they are very close. I only have 180 watts in LED and 600 Watts for HID. Big difference. :)

Just checkin in Acer:reading420magazine: I love flowering time!:bravo:
Thanks for checking in Dr Dan. I might need some medical advice and I hear your the best!!! :reading420magazine:

Lights are back on. The HID plants stretched more than the LED plants during the 24 hours of darkness...I really don't know why.
The HID plants stretched over an inch during the dark period.

My goal for Nutes for my first res change in the flower stage was 600 PPM.

I EFFFFed up!!! I OVER NUTED!!! :morenutes:

When I was done I check all my res's and noticed I was around 1200 PPM.

I thought I would give it a few hours to see how the plants would handle it.

I checked the res's about 2 hours later and the PPM was up to 1400.

I immediately took 2/3 of the nuted water out and replaced with plain water. Now I am at 600 PPM.

NEW RULE.... I am going to mix all my nutes in one batch before I put into my res's. This way I can make the nute water more uniform for all the plants but also this will make it much easier than to work with 4 different res's. Instead of adjusting 3 gallons of water 3 times I will do 15 gallons one time.

PH is between 5.8 and 6.4.

Here are the two girls under the LED cabinet

003447.JPG

Here are the girls in the tent.

006349.JPG

Thats it for now!!

Thanks Everyone!!!! :bongrip:

I wanted to include a pic of the LED with a similar angle as the HID.

005401.JPG

This is the first time I have noticed how cool the tent gets without lights. I am now down to 68 degrees in my ducted tent.

The HID lights had the tent over 85 degrees today!

My ducting for the AC is one mcgyver jobs. It is a tangled mass of duct tape and it has been giving me a lot of problems during the day

016157.JPG

9-1-10_002.JPG

I can reach the vent only with a arm extension. So this has been very challenging.
So far I have had to reattach the AC vent 4 times.

The only way to correct this would be to take all the plants out and the light down. It would be about an hour job. I am contemplating about doing it now that the plants are small. Because when they get bigger I will not be able to do this.

Back
Top Bottom