CajunCanna's Very First Time

Just some more info. The humidity is about 32% and the temp is around 78. Is the temp to low? Would the plants grow faster with more heat? I got my fan in today but I think it may be on the small side. It's a 7" and not a isolating fan which I thought it was so I think I need to get another fan? Should I go with a bigger fan that's isolating? How much air movement should I have and do I run the fan 24/7?

Thanks again for any advice on this.

Sorry for all the questions there are just so many little things I'm not sure about and really need you guy's help.

I spray the plants several times a day with the same Nutrient water that is in the tank. Is this good or bad? Should I add anything different to the spray water?
The fan is moving air in the tent though not much I think. I see the bigger plants moving just a little not sure if it should be more?
I took a picture of the roots and good lord they are long..

This is the Fan. The Grow area is 4x4x6.5
DSC024552.JPG

The roots are over a foot long already.
DSC024563.JPG

I made a few changes to my setup. I've went ahead and changed the lighting from a 24/0 to a 18/6 in hopes that it will help my lagging plants get the led out lol. I also upped my Nutrients to 530 PPM and next water change will go up to 625 PPM. PH is staying a rock steady 5.60

I also lined the bottom of the spray tub with filter floss so the roots don't sit in water plus it keeps the roots out of the return hole to the reservoir.

Quick shot of the filter floss.

DSC024594.JPG

And my ladies at 2 weeks. As you can see 2 of the White Widows are lagging and the other 2 are doing well. The 1 extra small plant was a free seed from Sense a seed. It's a Royal Queen. It's the only one that made it out of the 4 free seeds.

2 WW that are doing nicely.

DSC024614.JPG

2 WW I'm going to call Slow pokes lol. And the one Royal Queen.

DSC024622.JPG

Been a while sense I posted, nothing really happening other than the plants are getting bigger.

I did screw up the first week of putting the plants into their new home. I got the Nutrients wrong. I was seeing some issues with the leaves so I contacted someone for support and they got me on track. SO for a week the plants were missing 50% of what they need to grow.

So within 10 days the plants have doubled in size. I have also decided my grow tubs are just not going to cut it. I need something more efficient mainly for water changes and specially for the plants having space. So I'm setting up a flood table. It's a 3'x3'x4" this will give me the space for the plants to get full.

I've upped the Nutrients to 730ppm and think I'll leave it at that. I've been told with Aeroponics you can use a lower PPM. Plus I changed the light schedule to 18/6

I also decided to go with a flood table and do away with the 2 tub setup. This should make water changes a easy. and more room for the plants to grow.

Here is the new Flood table. It's 46"x 46" x 4". I'm having a hell of a time finding a top for it. I have options but the cost is a issue. I have been looking at High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Sheeting. I can get a 48"x48" x 1/4" for $125 I'm also looking at some reservoir tops that may work and are cheaper.

DSC024745.JPG

I had to pull the Filter floss out of the bottom tub becasue the plants root were getting hung up in the floss and if I needed to remove the top of the tub it would break the roots (not good) which is one reason I'm doing the Flood table. This is as far as I got with it today. I have a few more things to do to it before it's ready.

looking good mate,

you dont need to spray the plants at all, with the lights on it can burn the leaves, plus if you do plan on foliar feeding from time to time then use a lower dose than your giving the roots, im growing in soil and if i ever need to foliar feed then the nutrients im using say foliar feed with 1/4 the stated dose.

as for the fan you dont want it blowing or moving the plants to much, this causes them to lose moisture to quick and can cause them to wilt, you just want a gentle breeze on them so their barely moving, when your in flower you may need to get more air moving to prevent any powdery mildew problems,

looking good mate,

you dont need to spray the plants at all, with the lights on it can burn the leaves, plus if you do plan on foliar feeding from time to time then use a lower dose than your giving the roots, im growing in soil and if i ever need to foliar feed then the nutrients im using say foliar feed with 1/4 the stated dose.

as for the fan you dont want it blowing or moving the plants to much, this causes them to lose moisture to quick and can cause them to wilt, you just want a gentle breeze on them so their barely moving, when your in flower you may need to get more air moving to prevent any powdery mildew problems,

Awesome info Donpaul thanks. I'll adjust my spraying and lower the nutrients in my sprayer. My fan is small and the leaves move just a little. I was thinking I needed more but you answered that for me.

Subscribed. You may want to use an adjustable duty cycle timer to time your aeroponic spray cycle with a 2 minutes on 5 minutes off to start and adjust from there.

https://www.horticulturesource.com hydrofarm adjustable recycling timer

https://www.accesshydroponic.com digital adjustable recycling timer

Nice I like those timers. As of now i'm doing a 24/0 spray all seems good so far. Next weekend I'll have all my parts in for the Flood table and will get the timer in pace. Thanks for the links KingJ

I've took a few shot's of the ladies today. They have been putting some nice size on though I was expecting them to be taller they seem to be getting more fat. From my reading I thought the White Widow was more of medium to tall plant? Also the leaves are getting huge, bigger than my hand.

I also removed the last of leaves that had brown spots from me screwing up the nutrients the first week. I have been slowly removing all the bad leaves over 3 weeks there were not many,,, I removed the lest one today.

Should I trim the lower leaves on the girls? Or any leaves to help light get inside the plants better? The girls are very dense specially the shorter ones I can't even see the main stalk. What about Lolly popping any thoughts on this?

I'm frantically waiting for my parts to come in for the flood table. I finally got a top for the table, I came up with plastic cutting board material. The plastic is High Density Polyethylene sheet I got from US Plastic. If you have any plastic cutting boards in the kitchen you'll know it's very strong, doesn't rust, chip, corrosion resistant etc, etc. I got a 48" x 48" sheet for $50 had them cut it to 39.5 x 39.5 x 1/4" to fit perfectly in the lip of the flood table. It wont bend so it will hold all my pots just fine. Once the top is in I can move the girls to there new home. and they will have a ton of room.

Here are a few shot of my ladies. They are getting really fat.
DSC024877.JPG

DSC024899.JPG

Leaves are huge. Should I trim any of the huge lower leaves or any of the top leaves?

DSC024908.JPG

The last of the bad leaves from poor nutrient level.

maybe at the most a couple of big leaves up top so the light can get it but like i was saying on the other thread you got you don't really have to, and you can bring the cfl's closer or put them on the sides for side lighting
you got the 600 mh up top how close is that to the tops? maybe you can bring it closer

MH_Light_Distance_Chart3.jpg

I would remove some of the fan leaves from your plants to open up the plants to more light so the side branches can grow more. In vegetative growth the plants will quickly recover. you can most likely lower your light reflector to give more light to your plants. place your hand underneath the light bulb to the point you can not feel any heat from it and lower your reflector to that height, raise the light as your plants grow.

here are some Lumen versus distance charts, they do not account for heat

High_Intensity_Light_Coverage.jpg

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

HPS_chart.jpg

HPSGraphPAR.jpg

grow-room-light-distances.jpg

Back
Top Bottom