Camo's 1st Grow - Coco - LED - Lucas Autos - Poll Of Strain To Grow

Holy shit dude, how did you get to a 7 page journal without me seeing it yet!! Darn holidays got me so busy I don't know my ass hole from a hole in the ground! ;)

Apparently you are stateside now -- woohoo! For some reason I was thinking you wouldn't be on US soil until the new year; stupid memory (not working)!

Man, you got some nice equipment; a great foundation for a great grow!

I always have problems uploading pics taken with my iphone -- they are always sideways like you said no matter how I edit them before upload... I just started using a camera (not phone) and problem solved, tho I'm sure there's a easier solution.

Wow, you got some lighting going on in there!! Make sure you do a "test run" when you get the lights in there to make sure you can control the temps enough.

Can't wait to see you boot this grow! I'm subbed for sure!

LEDs are heavy like 20lbs each!
Not sure why they build them with steel cases but everyone does. I guess it it because some people correlate heavy weight with quality. I wish the manufacturers would switch to plastic for the cases to save weight.

Brad ! Yeah I was having problems with these 2 big ass leds from the get go! My tent is small and fits into a spare bedroom closet in my house ! So what I'm gonna have to do is get some better adjustable hangers for both lights! I just wanted to throw the lights in there and the tent up and see what everything looked like.

Grizzy mate ! Thanks for the picture upload! I was actually thinking hempy for 1 bucket and now I'll know what buckets to make sure to get and which to not get ! I use and iPhone and send the pics to email then download on computer, I'm sure I can edit while on computer. I'll look into it.

Rover who do you have your seeds from? Mine are from advanced seeds. The jack still may go in, but for sure is the NL & DD, and the photo cheese candy !

5 my man, what is good! Thank you for coming and jumping in my grow, hopefully we will be germinated here in the next few days! I'm just waiting on coco and the floranova and we will set sail! Hopefully I can get this lucas formula to work you know it !?

Thanks beast you are always so uplifting and helpful !

Slayer dude, these freaking leds I would say are about 15-20 lbs a piece ! They are heavy as hell are no I got them attached to the top of the tent support bar! I have a third led that is a 300w but I'm not gonna have any where to put it! I may can hang it on the side and rotate and give them some under growth and side lighting for popcorn buds !

Ottawa you were typing as I was typing, yeah they are for sure about 20 lbs and heavy metal! But I would say good build quality even tho they are heavy! That's just me, I guess I fit into the category of if it's metal it's good heavy duty shit lol. Typical American !

I know they are OG I talked to you about how you liked yours before I purchased! I ran them all night last night on the tent in the closet and not high heat what so ever. I love these leds so far!

Holy shit dude, how did you get to a 7 page journal without me seeing it yet!! Darn holidays got me so busy I don't know my ass hole from a hole in the ground! ;)

Apparently you are stateside now -- woohoo! For some reason I was thinking you wouldn't be on US soil until the new year; stupid memory (not working)!

Man, you got some nice equipment; a great foundation for a great grow!

I always have problems uploading pics taken with my iphone -- they are always sideways like you said no matter how I edit them before upload... I just started using a camera (not phone) and problem solved, tho I'm sure there's a easier solution.

Wow, you got some lighting going on in there!! Make sure you do a "test run" when you get the lights in there to make sure you can control the temps enough.

Can't wait to see you boot this grow! I'm subbed for sure!

Hey cogreen, no sorry brother you are right, I know the holiday season wears you down but I wasn't suppose to be home and done with military till January or February of next year, well my little girl was having complications in my wife's womb so they let me go to go be with her and just went ahead processed a few weeks of early earned time off!

I have only been here for a bout a week, but remember me saying! The grow was the first thing I was gonna throw together and it is haha! Thanks I hope you do like the setup! Everything is so freakin cramped tho I will say! Wish I had more room! I got to find a place to hang the filter and big ass 8in fan I got that is to big from my area! I bought everything big so that when I upgrade to a bigger area I won't have to buy new stuff again. Think the cfm is like 600! Plenty for a 9sq area.

Yes loads of light ! 900w from those 2! They are 11 band spectrum too, and then I have a 300w galaxyhydro in here too, although I have no clue where I would put it now that the BIG STRONG LED are in there(treating these as main grow leds) and the galaxyhydro 300w as just a flower boost come flower since most of reviews I read said that it was red light better for flower !
I actually did a test run all night, last night and no high heat as I can feel. Tho once I get my temp/humidty meter I can give exact numbers for what my tent area is reaching !

For reference the real draw in those lights is only 260w each including the cooling fans. So two is 520w not 900.
For some reason every single led manufacturer uses extremely exaggerated numbers.

For cheap adjustable hangers just go to hardware store and buy like 15 feet of light duty chain and use that.
Can reuse the supplied clips and move it by clipping to a different chain link. Don't let the end of the chain fall in the fan intake though ;-)

Another interesting point about hose lights is my 260w real draw lights are much brighter to look at than the Mars 2 which draws 340w. I think it must be because of having a lenses on each led. I also think those lenses and lense mounts are why eshine costs a bit more than Mars 2...

Someone tried to compare some lights on here but he put an HPS in there too which threw off the test - too bad.

Though I am generally for the opinion that the main thing is how many watts. I think a 400w cheapest Mars 2 is better than a higher priced super duper 47 spectrums, name brand diode light with 300w that costs $1000. I think you are best to take your light budget and get the best bang for the buck such as eshine, or Mars. Yes it's true some lights are more efficient, but efficiency can easily be beaten by stepping up to a bigger cheap led or adding a third cheap led.

Thanks for the info for the people reading Ottawa ! I knew that cause I followed your thread and didn't even think to say it! Yeah 260w+260w=520w actual draw power! That's why I want to add the galaxyhydro 300w (really 135w) ! For a total of 655W of led power actual!!! I think that is a crazy amount !

I think the eshine if I can say it, or better yet the 450w led are built more heavy duty and are bright and cover more spectrums ! I literally haven't even started growing and I can't go near my tent without glasses !!!

I'm gonna look for chain links today at hardware store I order some sliders on a.m.a.z.o,n.!!

Here is something I wrote for another guys thread asking for led recommendations that might make it easier to understand for everyone:

Re: LED Guidance Needed
An easier way to compare would be what you can get for the same dollars. For example a p300 is $450 delivered to North America.
It draws 180w for $450. If you spent $435 at Mars Hydro that would get you a Mars 2 1200 which draws 550w. So maybe the expensive light might have slightly better par per watt, or slightly better brands of diode, or be a few percent more efficient, but one of them still has more than three times the power of the other one for slightly less money. Three times the light is going to produce a lot more yield.
Or if you are into saving the $450 delivered p300 could be replaced with Mars 2 400 (185w) for $189 delivered, you are spending almost two and a half times as much.

As for longevity, only time will tell but not worth the huge cost difference up front.

Hope that helps others pick their LEDs and we can only hope some of the overpriced companies will lower prices to be more competitive. Note i am not saying Mars is best light out there, just using it as an example as it is cheapest. All about bang for the buck for me :cool:

For reference the real draw in those lights is only 260w each including the cooling fans. So two is 520w not 900.
For some reason every single led manufacturer uses extremely exaggerated numbers.

For cheap adjustable hangers just go to hardware store and buy like 15 feet of light duty chain and use that.
Can reuse the supplied clips and move it by clipping to a different chain link. Don't let the end of the chain fall in the fan intake though ;-)

The extremely exaggerated numbers are supposed to be the theoretical output of the PAR from the LEDs vs. the same amount of actual power that would be needed by a HPS/HID bulb to get the same result. - - - - - -supposedly.

Back
Top Bottom