Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Wow that's a lot of light! At least they shouldn't get leggy!
At this phase they're very light feeders until their roots get established. You wouldn't feed an infant the same as a teenage athlete LOL.
Like nunya said, no need to soak all of the soil. I like to water a little away from the stem to tease the roots out a little farther in search of moisture
U think? It's 2 1000s and a 1000 watt cheap Amazon light.....I also have a Mars Hydro otw the 600 and a 2*4 tent. I also got seeds otw some photo some auto...that's why I'm trying to figure this out now wuickly

16183631077002241577252003686250.jpg

Right but as I said when you water - you activate the nutes. to flush you need to run 3X the volume of the container down the hatch - so for a 5 gallon contsiner of soil flush with 15 gallons of water.

not familiar with Gaia green is that a liquid nute or dry fert / top dress? if it’s liquid fert you’ve got 2 options wait it out or flush, it’s dry top dress then maybe you could scoop it out with a spoon

Right but as I said when you water - you activate the nutes. to flush you need to run 3X the volume of the container down the hatch - so for a 5 gallon contsiner of soil flush with 15 gallons of water.

not familiar with Gaia green is that a liquid nute or dry fert / top dress? if it’s liquid fert you’ve got 2 options wait it out or flush, it’s dry top dress then maybe you could scoop it out with a spoon
I ran about 3 gallons between the two 2 gallon pots and what came out was almost black or super dark brown.....that's all the water I had prepared because I don't have a thermometer for the water and no way to heat it up if too cold so I leave what I'm watering in the tent for a day. For the fertilizer, it's dry 444 and I'm using coco kryptonite next generation.

I will.leave them for 2 days and see what happens plus I'm not to worried because I'll have another 4*2 tent next weekend and a new light and both photo and auto seeds so the fact they are really slow and I have to stunt them more will only let me catch up with another plant or 2

I will be starting a grow of auto strains now as well so lots of footage.( That's if I can figure out this GoPro I just bought...lol

I ran about 3 gallons between the two 2 gallon pots and what came out was almost black or super dark brown.....that's all the water I had prepared because I don't have a thermometer for the water and no way to heat it up if too cold so I leave what I'm watering in the tent for a day. For the fertilizer, it's dry 444 and I'm using coco kryptonite next generation.

I will.leave them for 2 days and see what happens plus I'm not to worried because I'll have another 4*2 tent next weekend and a new light and both photo and auto seeds so the fact they are really slow and I have to stunt them more will only let me catch up with another plant or 2

I will be starting a grow of auto strains now as well so lots of footage.( That's if I can figure out this GoPro I just bought...lol
Hi Randy, I've heard when you flush like that, the last thing is to bring the nutes up to normal. Otherwise they starve for the 2 days.

I've gotten some weird deformed leaves before from having my fans blowing too much wind on the foliage when they were little, what is your air circulation like?

Also might just be a little weirdness as they stretch their roots through the big pot. Maybe even a little hot pocket of soil that she's reacting to. I wouldn't worry, those plants are looking great!

looks like just a touch of genetic variegation. nothing to worry.

Thanks but I got them fixed up now after the flush, I guess not many people know what kryptonite soil is

the only kryptonite soil products i am aware of are canadian and are a water only approach.
you are not supposed to flush except as a last resort, and never this early. it will kill off a lot of what you want.

they've set it up essentially as a supersoil. it sort of straddles the line. it gets tagged as both a super soil and a living soil. it does employ microbial activity for some of the nutes.

it's meant to be complete, i am not sure what your plan is for the amendments, or if it is necessary.

My present grow is in Kryptonite and I think it's a great soil. I'm growing a sativa and am on Day 152. I have only watered my plants and have not added anything else. It's a stand alone soil that only needs to be watered. It's natural to want to add all those additives that are advertised but they're not needed with Kryptonite. In fact you're likely to end up burning the roots or upsetting the balance. I would water the plants with the dark brown flush rather than throw it out. Because you added ferts I might dilute the flush 50/50 with water though.

My present grow is in Kryptonite and I think it's a great soil. I'm growing a sativa and am on Day 152. I have only watered my plants and have not added anything else. It's a stand alone soil that only needs to be watered. It's natural to want to add all those additives that are advertised but they're not needed with Kryptonite. In fact you're likely to end up burning the roots or upsetting the balance. I would water the plants with the dark brown flush rather than throw it out. Because you added ferts I might dilute the flush 50/50 with water though.
Good to know thanks very much.

Dude,
Y’a gals are lookin great. Take it from me, after the first 2-3 weeks of no growth with a lot of trials and errors, I would be over the moon to have babes that good lookin. ‘Course it’s not much comin from me, but if it can encourage you, then let’em be.
Sincerely

These are them now at the end of day 13

20210413_203901_HDR.jpg

20210413_203921_HDR.jpg

20210413_203927_HDR.jpg
20210413_203914_HDR.jpg

I think I should flush the fertilizer out that I added. Tell me what your thoughts are..

L1S1
I definitely think that you should give them a good flush. You want to stick your finger in the soil and if it's dry two or three inches down you can add a little bit of water don't add so much water though

Back
Top Bottom