Can you get high on MM?

GWB1975

420 Member
Hi all,
Getting my MM card in the next two weeks. I have a slew of chronic pain problems including arthritis in my neck, nueropathy and a couple other things. I also have anxiety/depression disorder. I am really hoping this helps as I have been on opioids forever. I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (Muscular Dystrophy).

I won't lie. I am hoping I at least get a little buzz from what I will be taking. Wishful thinking on my part?

- Greg

Hi all,
Getting my MM card in the next two weeks. I have a slew of chronic pain problems including arthritis in my neck, nueropathy and a couple other things. I also have anxiety/depression disorder. I am really hoping this helps as I have been on opioids forever. I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (Muscular Dystrophy).

I won't lie. I am hoping I at least get a little buzz from what I will be taking. Wishful thinking on my part?

- Greg

Hi @GWB1975 and welcome to the forum :welcome:

Medical Marijuana does not have to be all CBD, and with no getting high. Sometimes, in some situations, such as PTSD, the high IS the medicine. Your particular set of maladies will be best handled by some strains of pot, not handled well by others. You will need to experiment to see what works for you. For many of us, the experimentation is a lot of fun too, and definitely takes our minds off of the pain.

Hi @GWB1975 and welcome to the forum :welcome:

Medical Marijuana does not have to be all CBD, and with no getting high. Sometimes, in some situations, such as PTSD, the high IS the medicine. Your particular set of maladies will be best handled by some strains of pot, not handled well by others. You will need to experiment to see what works for you. For many of us, the experimentation is a lot of fun too, and definitely takes our minds off of the pain.
LOL is this a yes or a no? Don't get me wrong, getting high is not the priority, But it will certainly make the situation THAT much more fun.

LOL is this a yes or a no? Don't get me wrong, getting high is not the priority, But it will certainly make the situation THAT much more fun.
It’s a yes. See my response to you in the other thread you have going.

@GWB1975

Welcome to :420: . I make CBD coco oil and tinctures. I use AC/DC and Harle Tsu. These strains relax me sooo much, I may as well be stoned to the bone. Smoking my meds only gets me so much relief. I find that edibles are the way to go. They last waaay longer as well. I good jay will last an hour or two, but edibles can last up to 6 hours.

I do hope you find what you are looking for in your future meds.

@GWB1975

Welcome to :420: . I make CBD coco oil and tinctures. I use AC/DC and Harle Tsu. These strains relax me sooo much, I may as well be stoned to the bone. Smoking my meds only gets me so much relief. I find that edibles are the way to go. They last waaay longer as well. I good jay will last an hour or two, but edibles can last up to 6 hours.

I do hope you find what you are looking for in your future meds.
But medical grade canna butter and such requires at least 60 grams to make it real good. I like edibles but they require alot.

But medical grade canna butter and such requires at least 60 grams to make it real good. I like edibles but they require alot
Thank you for keeping it in perspective. :thumb:

But medical grade canna butter and such requires at least 60 grams to make it real good. I like edibles but they require alot.

coco oil pills to the rescue. easy to control your own dosage. you can take as many or little as you need.

@GWB1975 Welcome to the forum.

i'm not sure where you live or what your legal situation is, there is a broad range of what is allowed under mmj depending on jurisdiction. most mmj legislation allows for both use of cbd based plants, and thc based plants. so you can definitely use both, which is often recommended.

also hope you are looking into growing long term. much less expensive. come join the fun. :)

coco oil pills to the rescue. easy to control your own dosage. you can take as many or little as you need.

@GWB1975 Welcome to the forum.

i'm not sure where you live or what your legal situation is, there is a broad range of what is allowed under mmj depending on jurisdiction. most mmj legislation allows for both use of cbd based plants, and thc based plants. so you can definitely use both, which is often recommended.

also hope are looking into growing long term. much less expensive. come join the fun. :)
My legal situation is dismal. It’s a waste of time for me to get a medical card because it only allows for low thc product which does zero good for me and I can get that without a card. I smoke the heavy hitters. I can grow it way better then what I can get off the street.

I live in Pennsylvania. I'm not sure of the specifics, but MM is legal and sold at dispensaries. I hope this stuff is good because this nueropathy is getting worse. Especially at night. CBD does absolutely nothing..

come grow with us and never look back. :)

My legal situation is dismal. It’s a waste of time for me to get a medical card because it only allows for low thc product which does zero good for me and I can get that without a card. I smoke the heavy hitters. I can grow it way better then what I can get off the street.

a lot of folk here are finding the same. about half of smaller legal home growers within the limits for rec, are growing primarily for med purposes here.

i'm in a grey area myself, so i just keep it to the forum and supply my family only with strictly med.
in practical terms no one in leo is interested in what i'm doing. there's no money etc. so it's a lot more relaxed than under prohibition.

a lot of folk here are finding the same. about half of smaller legal home growers within the limits for rec, are growing primarily for med purposes here.

i'm in a grey area myself, so i just keep it to the forum and supply my family only with strictly med.
in practical terms no one in leo is interested in what i'm doing. there's no money etc. so it's a lot more relaxed than under prohibition.
I keep it stealth and just grow. I grow for myself and 1 other person with multiple medical issues. I never sell, only give to the other person. Lets face it, until a few years ago , everyone on here was growing illegal. I don’t think it matters much honestly if you grow legal or not because were all just trying to get thru the rest of this life the best we can. Those desperate enough to grow for themselves really need it for their medical reasons. I’m not going to let some government tell me I can’t have a plant thats been on this earth for thousands of years. They can all go screw themselves. Mine and the other person that I grow for lives depend upon this wonderful plant.

I live in Pennsylvania. I'm not sure of the specifics, but MM is legal and sold at dispensaries. I hope this stuff is good because this nueropathy is getting worse. Especially at night. CBD does absolutely nothing..
You can probably grow way better then what you can get in the dispensary. When you grow it you dictate what it gets fed and when it is harvested which is important because that has a lot to do with the effect that you’re looking for. I might get a lot of crap for what I’m going to tell you but I don’t trim my buds. I dry my buds with the sugar leaves on them and I never remove them. I don’t trim them to make them look like nice little pretty Bud’s . I’ll leave all that great trichomes and trichomes covered sugar leaves on my plants and smoke all of it.

I might get a lot of crap for what I’m going to tell you but I don’t trim my buds.
:rofl:
Why should you think you’ll get stick for that?

:high-five:

At harvest I’ll almost trim twice. First I pluck fan leaves and a ‘loose pass’ trim to remove anything that isn’t trichome-rich.
Then I’ll wash it and let it hang to dry.
Then a ‘close pass’ trim to collect sugar leaves separately. This gets rack dried and cured as if it’s bud.
Good trim is better than average bud.
I seperate the biomass for home made meds. The trim can be pressed for rosin with great results. Conserving your primary stash while getting useful concentrates.
It also goes (decarbed) into infusions for capsules.
It’s all useful.

Good on you, rRN for going the extra mile to help someone out btw.

And :ciao: Hi @GWB1975
:welcome: to :420:

:rofl:
Why should you think you’ll get stick for that?

:high-five:

At harvest I’ll almost trim twice. First I pluck fan leaves and a ‘loose pass’ trim to remove anything that isn’t trichome-rich.
Then I’ll wash it and let it hang to dry.
Then a ‘close pass’ trim to collect sugar leaves separately. This gets rack dried and cured as if it’s bud.
Good trim is better than average bud.
I seperate the biomass for home made meds. The trim can be pressed for rosin with great results. Conserving your primary stash while getting useful concentrates.
It also goes (decarbed) into infusions for capsules.
It’s all useful.

Good on you, rRN for going the extra mile to help someone out btw.

And :ciao: Hi @GWB1975
:welcome: to :420:
I just figured I’d take crap for not trimming my bud and people would try to say it’s harsh or whatever when you smoke the sugar leaves with the bud but I don’t think so.

Back
Top Bottom