Canada Guy's 2017 Outdoor Alberta Gold

I hope that frost screws off for another month . Nice colour on top looks like my cheese but a tad more purple. What's the height on her now can guy?
She's still just under 8 feet. She's not getting any taller now. I just hope she lives long enough to make a little bit of bud.

She's still just under 8 feet. She's not getting any taller now. I just hope she lives long enough to make a little bit of bud.

She's so beautiful, I'd be tempted to throw up a framework of 1x2s with some clear plastic for a late season green house. Maybe even run out an extension cord with an electric iron to keep her cozy at night. :)

a late season green house

To be clear, I'm thinkin' phone both, not the temperate house at Kew Gardens. ;)

e_House_from_the_Pagoda_-_geograph.org.uk_-_227173.jpg

Poor girl... I don't think a greenhouse will save her my friends. By now she should be getting near done... sorry guys. We will keep going until it snows or she is really dieing and then chop what we got.

Outdoor growing is such a different process than indoor, where you pretty much have complete control....

I've gotta say, your "volunteer" plant turned into such a beautiful specimen, I'd love to see what would happen if you were to grow in the same spot with an early start and carefully prepared soil.

Maybe in your northern location you might want a faster maturing plant? (I know you're not a fan of autos...)

I've gotta say, your "volunteer" plant turned into such a beautiful specimen, I'd love to see what would happen if you were to grow in the same spot with an early start and carefully prepared soil.

Maybe in your northern location you might want a faster maturing plant? (I know you're not a fan of autos...)
That's just it... she is fast. Other years by Sept 15 she was coming down...

I know we had fall here in central Ontario and now it's plus 28-29 plus humidity hitting around feels like 35 ish. And no more rain excepted .

Back
Top Bottom