HerbsNBuds' 1st and 2nd Simultaneous Grow

Finally got a camera worth a damn to take the new pics. It an 8.2MP Kodak EasyShare C140 instead of my cell camera. Pics on the girls tomorrow with this puppy!!! "Duhduh duh duh duh... I'm lovin it!" -McDonalds

lol..
:yahoo: on the new camera,,, mine should be coming in today as well..

as for yeild,, hard to say. I would say it will be about 25% of the wet weight....

I know that don't help at all...lol

I have been averaging about 1 to 1.25 oz a plant dry... but my big girls... I am hoping for more.. :)

Just pics today... (still with the cell camera). I forgot to take the new one...lol

IMG00409-20100824-1631.jpg

IMG00412-20100824-1631.jpg

The beautiful AK...
IMG00424-20100824-1744.jpg

IMG00419-20100824-1659.jpg

August 25th 2010

25 days in flower (started 12/12 on July 31st at 7:00pm)

Looking denser and trichs are showing up all over the canopies of all 3...
IMG00435-20100825-1456.jpg

IMG00438-20100825-1456.jpg

IMG00437-20100825-1456.jpg

hey herbsnbuds your plants look good. starting to fill in on the colas.
how many watts of floro's are you using?

Thanks

I'm just using 2 - 4' 40W Cool White tubes as a supplement and for determining leaf color. Very hard to tell whats yellowing under a HPS

I'm bugging out today... I smell mold on the larger of the 2 bag seed plants.

The colas smell musky like mold or mildew. I see no visible signs and the room has plenty of ventilation but I guess that's just not enough. Looks like I'm hanging some rice bags too. The other 2 plants don't have the moldy smell so I assume they are fine for now. I don't know what to do about the smell though.

Since I believe the problem was a misting with nutes that I gave her right before night time a few days back thinking the light was off so nute burn would not occur, BUT and here's the part that screws everything up, the fan goes off when the lights go off so there was no air circulation all night long.

Here's what I have done so far...

Moved her to a location that is right under the exhaust fan.

Unplugged the fan from the timer and turned it on 24/7.

Lightly misted the affected colas with a very mild rubbing alcohol + chlorinated H20 and then rapidly dried the area under a stream of cool air.

Asked for help from the 420 support crew and the FAQ

Here's the close up photo I have... I'll take a high res pic tomorrow but I don't see any mold or mildew...
IMG00451-20100826-1438.jpg

Can someone please help out that has experience or a remedy?

New pics from the first grow... they've really filled out considering they were grown with only 160 watts of grow fluoro tubes and 3 incandescent grow lights (not sure of the point of these but hey, guess they help).

IMG00459-20100827-2040.jpg

IMG00460-20100827-2040.jpg

IMG00461-20100827-2040.jpg

Sorry about the low quality of these photos... they are taken with a Blackberry and using only its flash.

Finally caught up witcha :cheesygrinsmiley: me likes what me sees!:cheesygrinsmiley: Looks like you got a few things goin on now. Can't wait to see how your ak turns out. That stuff is BOMB!!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to leech one of the bag seed flowering plants tomorrow as the leaves are definitely showing signs of nute burn...

Love this photo...
IMG00488-20100902-1250.jpg

I'm surprised the stems are holding up those big buds. So what happened with the mold?Was it really mold or were you just syking yourself out lol?

It was definitely not mold but rather a slight mildewy smell. But even after a thorough rinsing with a mild alcohol solution and getting the RH down to less than 10%, I'm going to have to assume that the buds just have that smell. Also because every bud on the plant smells the same.

So I guess I was just psyching myself out... lol... but no problems except nute burn thus far... :wood:

As for the stems, I'm hoping to prop them up this week. Have to get some rather long dowels from the hardware store. But as of now they are holding the weight. The plants stretched a little too much in the first week of flower so the stems are a bit long. Next time I'll know to keep the light closer from the beginning, enclose the area better, and get a 400W HPS to use also. I will be starting flowering on the SOG setup as soon as these beauties are chopped up.

HerbsNBuds, love those photos to. Your pictures are better to with a camerea than cell phone. What strain is this? I like your Mcdonald's quote because you'll be saying that when you smoke it later! SMOKEON from Oregon, SAMWISEE.:roorrip:

Thanks Falcore and SAMWISEE!!

I'm hoping the 400 is gonna beef up the yield on the next flower. The plants to be put into flower next are in the Cloning Experiment link in my signature if you guys are interested in checking em out. Now have 4-6 clones (2 AK clones and 2 bag seed clones that have been potted), 2 Aurora Indica sprouts, 1 Afghani sprout, and 3 bag seed plants (2 of which are from same bag, the other 1 started under 12/12 weeks before and moved to the veg room when it was built... it was slow to start under 12/12)

These flowering plants are 2 of some bag seed and 1 is AK-47.

These buds in the photos are very dense and I hope they enlarge some before final flower. I'm hoping for a quarter pound at least if not a half out of all 3 combined. Still have a month to go at least in flower so we'll see what happens.

Mildew smell almost gone completely but still gonna dry and cure the big 1 separate just in case.

Well thats all for tonight and hope everyone has enough THC in them to sleep well. I sure do... :smokin:

Just some updated photos of the girls. Filling out a little more each night it seems...
IMG00507-20100904-1251.jpg

A couple shots of the girls from a different perspective...
IMG00514-20100904-1254.jpg

IMG00515-20100904-1254.jpg

Hairs on the taller bag seed plant starting to turn orange a little bit early. May be due to the shock from the nute burn as you can see, but also this is the one that smelled musky. I may have to pull her before she goes hermie on me. The other 2 are looking nice and healthy and my estimate is another 6 weeks before they are ready. I can't wait and the sweet smell of cannabis in morning, really makes me want to smoke em now!!!

The healthy and gorgeous AK-47 (slight yellowing of the lower leaves but I don't really care at this point as we are almost at the half way point in flower)...
IMG00510-20100904-1253.jpg

Watered and fed with full strength concentration of nutrients. Only feeding once per week now and will probably stop in 4-5 weeks depending on the trich color. I kinda like the couchlock so I'm gonna let em go as long as I can.

Yellowing has slowed down and the all new growth is green again. I think the nutes every other watering plus whatever was left in the soil was just a bit too much P & K without enough N in in NPK ratio. Big Bloom has very small amounts of all of these considering its 100% organic but the MG soil and Perlite should have balanced it more. Next grow is using MG Organic Potting Soil and Perlite. The Perlite is enhanced with MG nutes and seems to be a good supplement to my soil grown and hybrid setups. The clones directly planted in the Perlite without any soil and no drip system are growing a bit slow. I may swap them over to a 50/50 soil/perlite mix but I'm not sure. More on this in the Cloning Experiment Journal.

Photos...

IMG00520-20100907-1219.jpg

IMG00521-20100907-1219.jpg

IMG00522-20100907-1220.jpg

More on the harvest soon but total wet weight of buds was right around 4 ounces so I expect 1-1.5 ounces dried and properly cured. Smelled delicious and the dog was eating the leaves that fell as we trimmed em. Needless to say she layed down for a while.

Pic from my new 4G Samsung Epic phone with an 8.2MP camera. Quality is outstanding, but I can't figure out how to zoom...

Added a 46W CFL to the flower room for more of the natural spectrum for the last half of flower. Hope it enlarges some of the buds so this yields more per cola than the other grow...
supplemental-lighting.jpg

Back
Top Bottom