CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise - Dawgfather - Rawdawg - Soil - LED + CFL 2013-14

Re: CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise - Dawgfather - Rawdawg - Soil - LED + CFL 2013

Oh I 'm so sorry. I had to chop my first harvest because of those stupid nanners and I did end up with about 50 or so seeds over the 3 plants... In your case would that be such a bad thing seeing they would be feminized and are good genetics??? Any who congrats on your harvest and I bet she is going to be some great smoke and medicine.
Got a question about Penny. Isn't that strain mostly used for medical reasons more than for just stoners? Are you growing her for a specific medical reason?....:circle-of-love:

Re: CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise - Dawgfather - Rawdawg - Soil - LED + CFL 2013

Hmm, pics still not working for me as of this post.

Dennise, yes, Pennywise is a high CBD strain, a cross between Harlequin and Jack The Ripper. I'm growing it primarily for my mom, who has been ill and in a lot of pain over the past couple of years. What she is dealing with causes her nerve pain and neurological issues.

I'm also hoping that it will help me with some personal healthy issues as well. This is why we juice it, use oil tincture and also smoke it.

Yes Garden, you're right, It's a wonder!

I feel like we still got a fairly decent harvest, but likely not nearly as much weight or potency had she gone full term. I'm just hoping that it was a stress situation with her and that her clones will avoid the same fate!

About 1/3 of her buds and all remaining leaves will be turned into juice. I'll save one or two of the biggest branches for smoke and the rest will be turned into oil.

Meanwhile, the clones are growing fast and there are still three gals in the tent, so hopefully they stay on course!

Thanks for your support...

I had to chop down my next two this morning, also. I saw spider mites and aphids on the lower leaves so they got chopped, every leaf outside on the ground, and into the wash...swish swash give a wash. Now drying. I believe it weighed 148 grams fresh. If I get an ounce I'll be very happy. I have three autos left out in the greenhouse and they are going to get dunked upside down so I can try to drown the pests without doing too much damage to the buds. If they get messed up, so be it. Summer, its a coming.

I am interested in tinctures and oils, but I have a lot to learn before I get to that point.

Hi Garden, sorry to hear about the bug problems! Bugs and hermies! Woohoo.

Yeah, I didn't get a chance to weigh anything yet. ( need scale )

Good luck and I hope you get that ounce!

Ok, I had to jump through some hoops, but I think this will work...

Penny1_32314.jpg

Penny2_32314.jpg

Penny3_32314.jpg

PennyColas2_32314.jpg

PennyCola1_32314.jpg

PennyColas4_32314.jpg

PennyTop_32314.jpg

1 bag of leaves and the rest are buds to be juiced.

juice_material_32314.jpg

What's left will be oil and smoke.

PennyStrip_32314.jpg

Gratz CannaMeds Keepin em Green and Frosty :thumb:

Dennise, I'm not sure regarding the seeds. Not sure if it's worth trying seeds from a hermied plant or not. I guess we'll find out if I have any seeds in a few weeks or so. I think I caught the nanners pretty early. The BlueCheese that was next to it still has all white pistils....

Ok, some wet weights so far:

217 Grams of wet buds, untrimmed, in plastic bag, for juicing.
336 Grams total of wet buds for juicing along with all extra leaves.

Trimmed bud is 280 grams.
222 of which I baked, to decarb and to dry, to prepare for making oil tomorrow. I don't care about curing that, because it won't be smoked. The oil is needed asap, otherwise, I probably would have let dry naturally.

After it is mostly dry, I'm left with 74 grams to make into oil. Plus, I still have two large colas hanging to dry for smoke later. Those two must have been 58 grams wet.

Finally, the wet buds that are being blended into juice and then strained, will be reused in the oil making process as well. I have quite a bit of material that is ground up bud. I'm going to bake that to dry it and decarb it as well. Then I'll either add that to the bud, or perhaps make a separate oil from just that, to see how strong it is.

Ok, I need some advice from you good people.

Tonight I was grinding up some of the decarbed buds for my oil and I definitely found a number of baby seeds floating in the alcohol mix.

So, I didn't quite catch those nanners soon enough! This definitely means that some of the other plants got pollinated, I imagine. Although for some odd reason, I don't see any of the pistils changing colors on the Blue Cheese cluster plant?

Anyway, I suppose this could be bad and there could be tons of seeds coming.

Here's the big question. What to do? Do I pull everything now, or do I let it all ride?

Any input here would be appreciated, thanks!

Here's the big question. What to do? Do I pull everything now, or do I let it all ride?

Any input here would be appreciated, thanks!

I wish I could give you an expert opinion but an opinion is all I can manage.

If you have removed all possible Nanas no further pollination will take place?
If there are pistils that haven’t changed colour they are probably not pollinated?

Based on these two assumptions I would grow them out so any un-pollinated buds can reach their full potential and any seeds that have formed have a chance to develop their viability?

Sorry to hear your News!

Do you not think that the clones and seeds will carry the Hermie traits?

:passitleft:

I wish I could give you an expert opinion but an opinion is all I can manage.

If you have removed all possible Nanas no further pollination will take place?
If there are pistils that haven’t changed colour they are probably not pollinated?

Based on these two assumptions I would grow them out so any un-pollinated buds can reach their full potential and any seeds that have formed have a chance to develop their viability?

Sorry to hear your News!

Do you not think that the clones and seeds will carry the Hermie traits?

:passitleft:

Thanks Aja, from what I've read so far, it's possible that the clones will carry the hermie traits, UNLESS I specifically caused the hermie due to stress.

So, that's another situation I need to make a decision on. Do I keep the clones and try again? I could have stressed it in two ways. One, a late defoliation in flower, which was probably around day 35-39 or something. I should have done the defol much earlier or perhaps not at all. Also, Penny was under the exhaust vent, and although no direct light gets through, I've discovered just a tiny bit of ambient light gets through the curve. It doesn't really seem like enough, but I suppose that's possible.

I suppose I will let them continue to grow out and I can see just how many seeds I get. However, if she has a natural hermie trait, then the seeds would carry the hermie trait as well, so I can't imagine they'd be worth growing...

Thanks again for your input.

Congratulations on your harvest! If your plants were pollinated it will take 4 weeks for the seeds to mature to be viable. I believe it is worth growing out the clones that were taken from Pennywise. When a plant late in flower produces pollen sacks this is called Bolting. I do not believe that defoliating in flower produced the female pollen sacks, it may be either due to light pollution or genetic.

Nice little grow room. The plants look good:bravo:

Congratulations on your harvest! If your plants were pollinated it will take 4 weeks for the seeds to mature to be viable. I believe it is worth growing out the clones that were taken from Pennywise. When a plant late in flower produces pollen sacks this is called Bolting. I do not believe that defoliating in flower produced the female pollen sacks, it may be either due to light pollution or genetic.

Thanks KJC. Do you think I should keep growing the other gals that are flowering now in the tent? Or should they be pulled now also?

The seeds that came out of the Penny buds were very very small, so the pollination was recent.

I finished making my cannabis oil, or RSO, tonight. Pennywise yielded 10 grams of oil, which I'm happy with.

If I wouldn't have juiced as much as I did, I could have gotten substantially more. Plus I saved a couple of colas for smoke. However, those colas likely have some baby seeds in them. I'll have to grind it up before I smoke it, I guess.

Some buds freshly trimmed and drying...
budsdrying_32314.jpg

Some juiced buds, ( blended with a little water, then filtered ) - frozen and ready to thaw and consume.
juice_frozen32314.jpg

The left over juiced bud. It was all ground up. I baked it to decarb it and prepare it for making oil.
juicedbud_dry_32314.jpg

Oil being made. Here's the second batch in progress, with some of the first batch in syringes. I used 190 proof alcohol to strip the buds.
I did a first wash of the buds of only a few minutes. Then I took the buds and ground them up. I added that to fresh alcohol, along with the dried trimmings and the left over juiced bud. I let it soak overnight in the freezer, mixing occasionally. I then strained everything pretty good. The best I could with the tools I have on hand.
I used a small pot on an old coffee maker, with a fan in front, to evaporate the alcohol. It took a few hours for each batch.
Finally, I made a tincture by mixing some of the cannabis oil with olive oil ( warmed up ). Then one can just take some 'drops' and enjoy.
Takes a little testing to figure out the dosage, but once you do, you're golden!
oilmaking_32314.jpg

Gratz Again CannaMeds

Back
Top Bottom