CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise - Dawgfather - Rawdawg - Soil - LED + CFL 2013-14

Re: CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise - Dawgfather - Rawdawg - Soil - LED + CFL 2013

Thanks Smokey and Cronic ;)

Oh, I should mention that I think the ideal amount of cannabis oil mixed with the olive oil is about 2 grams per small dropper/tincture bottle. Not sure the size, but I'm thinking this is probably a 2 oz bottle.

Depending on how potent your oil is, the tincture will last quite a while! It's also a very discrete way to ingest it...

Re: CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise - Dawgfather - Rawdawg - Soil - LED + CFL 2013

I am so jeleous.

Oh, I also want to mention that the alcohol is extremely flammable and should only be evaporated outside, with ventilation. No open flames or sparks should happen near by. And you have to use an electric heat source.

( I hear some people just let it evaporate over time, without heat. Others use a much hotter heat source, such as a burner. The coffee maker did the trick for me, but it probably took longer )

Yea I imagine if your not careful when figuring out dosage you could end up not waking up for a couple days lol

Yea I imagine if your not careful when figuring out dosage you could end up not waking up for a couple days lol

I've never been that intoxicated and I hope I never am!

Alright 420, another emergency situation.

Bad bad news in my garden! Not another hermie, but maybe just as bad or worse. I have some sort of fungus growing on some buds. :/

It's white and it's growing on some tips of old pistils and there's at least one bud with some big spots on it.

I don't see it on the leaves, but I do see it on the soil now on one of the plants. I think it came from the bluecheese clone.

I brewed up some ferts that had microbes in it a week ago and I also put some of this dry fert on the blue cheese top soil. I fed it and I noticed a couple of days ago it was getting a bit white on top of the soil. I first thought it was just micorrhizae (sp ) and that it wasn't an issue, but now I see that it's mildew or mold or something.

I don't know what to do at this stage in flowering. I have been reading some posts and I see that there are possible ways to stop it, but it doesn't seem like spraying the buds is a good idea.

This really sucks! I don't know if I should harvest now or try to contain it somehow. Milk? baking soda? hydrogen peroxide?

I know it's in the air now too, so I'm going to have to spray my clones. At least they aren't flowering or anything.

I suppose worst case is that I can make oil from all of it. But damn, I'd rather let it grow a while longer.

I need advice...

Well, I'm real close to throwing in the towel on this particular grow.

Things have gone from bad to worse.

I found some nanners on the Blue Cheese, which leads me to believe the tent was indeed letting just a little light somehow.

Also, the mold issue seems to be an issue in the room as well as on the plants.

I sprayed a mild 10% vinegar with water solution onto some of the buds, not sure if they will turn brown due to this.

I guess I'll 'harvest' them tomorrow, not sure yet. Also not sure any of it is salvageable, or if I should just expect a total loss at this point.

Is it even save to make oil out of this stuff now?

So many questions - and lessons learned.

This house had some mold before, so perhaps there were some dormant spores in that room. The ventilation in the room wasn't good.

Now I wonder if my clones that are growing will need to be scrapped too?

Wow, my party is over before it even started. At least I got Penny out of there before she molded ( as far as I know ) I'll inspect the buds again that I have left. I hope the oil I made is safe....

Sorry to hear about it CannMeds Sounds like PM
powdery mildew

POWDERY MILDEW Powdery mildew is a fungal disease that affects a wide range of plants, composed of a wide variety of species. Each species of powdery mildew has a very limited host range, but are all characterized by an easily recognizable white or gray powdery growth. The races that attack hops also attack marijuana. How common is it? Mildew spores can be found everywhere. Powdery mildew is a common problem for both indoor and outdoor growers whenever the temperature and humidity fall into its favored range.

Origin
Mildew spores are ubiquitous and endemic. In areas where marijuana or hops is being grown wind and air ventilation are the main vectors. Another major factor is contaminated cuttings. However, clothing, pets, and outdoor animals can also deliver spores to the garden. - Spores can remain dormant until environmental factors, which include a suitable host, adequate humidity, moderate temperatures, low light intensity and acidity trigger them. Where the disease is found Powdery mildew is most likely to attack young leaves, up to two or three weeks old. The infection spreads over the plant and spreads to other plants in the garden. It affects buds, stems, stalks, and leaves.

Appearance and effect of the disease

The first signs of an infection are raised humps on the upper leaf surfaces. Plant leaves look like they've been dusted with flour or confectionary sugar. At first it might appear on just a small portion of the leaf in an irregular circle pattern. It quickly spreads and soon the entire leaf is covered as if it had been powdered. - Infected plants prematurely yellow, brown, and eventually die. If untreated, black specks can arise in the white powdery mildew. Buds have a stale, moist smell and are coated with the white powdery-looking mildew substance that can't be removed. Powdery mildew hinders photosynthesis, causing your harvest to cripple to little or no yield. - Infected buds and leaves are not acceptable for smoking. Prevention Powdery mildew in vegetative growth is easier to treat than in the later stages of flowering. Quarantine all new plants in a separate area where they can't infect other plants. If your plants get infected during flowering, especially far into the flowering stage, the buds will eventually become infected. - Filter incoming air to prevent spores from entering the room in the airstream. A germicidal UVC light like the ones used in food handling kills powdery mildew spores that are airborne. Ionizers and ozone generators precipitate and inactivate spores, lessening the chances of infection. - As with other fungi, restrict humidity and spore production not by watering or foliar spraying at night or with lights off. Water plants when lights first come on or with at least five hours of remaining light time. Keep humidity in check; anything over 50% may trigger problems. Keep plants spaced apart to allow for maximum airflow in between plants helps to minimize plant-to-plant infection. - To prevent outbreaks you can use the following products on a regular basis:

- Ampelomyces quisqualis(beneficial fungi)
- Bacillus pumilis (beneficial bacteria)
- Bacillus subtilis (beneficial bacteria)
- Compost and compost tea
- Milk
- Neem oil
- Potassium bicarbonate
- Sesame and fish oils
- Sodium bicarbonate

Control Removing infected leaves from the grow room is critical. Carefully remove them without knocking spores into the air. Place a bag over infected leaves and tie it shut; then remove the leaves. Use a fungicide on wounded stems from which you've removed the leaves. - The following product list will work for indoor and outdoor plants.
- Vinegar
- Bacillus pumilis(beneficial bacteria)
- Bacillus subtilis (beneficial bacteria)
- Cinnamon Oil and Tea
- Clove Oil
- Copper
- Coriander Oil
- Garlic
- Horticultural oils containing jojoba or cottonseed oil
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Limonene
- Milk
- Neem oil
- pH Up
- Potassium bicarbonate
- Sesame oil
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Sulfur

Yeah, it's weird. I didn't see any PM on any leaves. It's definitely a fungus of some sort. I'm sure there is some bud rot.

We'll see how the vinegar spray does tomorrow, if they last that long. Weighing options, but if I can make oil out of them, they won't be a total loss. I just need to make sure that it's safe first.

Sounds like the mold spores are hard to kill. 95% alcohol doesn't do the trick. I'm not sure what temperature kills the spores either.

Vinegar kills mold spores. If they are just on the outside, couldn't I quickly dunk the buds in a vinegar solution to neutralize the spores? I would rinse with water and then let dry or bake to decarb it, prior to making it into oil. This may just work. I wonder if the vinegar would harm the chemicals in the cannabis at all

Well, the plants handled the vinegar spray pretty well. None of theme turned brown or anything, and none of the fungus is showing today, but I'm certain some of the bigger colas on the big dawgfather have some bud rot now happening.

Tonight, I sprayed EVERYTHING down with a solution of water and food grade hydrogen peroxide.

I found this great thread called Bud Washing here on 420. I'm definitely going to wash these buds with a 4 step process.

I'm just not sure if I should harvest it all now, or perhaps just take the bigger colas from the dawgfather. I'm tempted to just harvest it all down and be done with it. Or perhaps take half of the crop now and let the rest ride and see what happens.

Regardless, I doubt any of this will be smoked and almost certainly not juiced now. I suppose that after a 4 stage wash, they might be safe, but I'd feel better about baking it prior to extracting oil.

Next round I'm going to be more diligent with sanitation, ventilation and humidity. Thankfully this isn't a total loss and I caught it early, but I'm still pretty devastated by it.

I guess I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow on what to do.

Well, the plants handled the vinegar spray pretty well. None of theme turned brown or anything, and none of the fungus is showing today, but I'm certain some of the bigger colas on the big dawgfather have some bud rot now happening.

Tonight, I sprayed EVERYTHING down with a solution of water and food grade hydrogen peroxide.

I found this great thread called Bud Washing here on 420. I'm definitely going to wash these buds with a 4 step process.

I'm just not sure if I should harvest it all now, or perhaps just take the bigger colas from the dawgfather. I'm tempted to just harvest it all down and be done with it. Or perhaps take half of the crop now and let the rest ride and see what happens.

Regardless, I doubt any of this will be smoked and almost certainly not juiced now. I suppose that after a 4 stage wash, they might be safe, but I'd feel better about baking it prior to extracting oil.

Next round I'm going to be more diligent with sanitation, ventilation and humidity. Thankfully this isn't a total loss and I caught it early, but I'm still pretty devastated by it.

I guess I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow on what to do.

I am so, so sorry. It really is such a disaster when this stuff happens and people are in need. If it were me I'd closely inspect the buds which have visible rot and remove them beyond the rotted sections. You can judiciously remove colas and buds if they are infected far enough for the treatment not to help.

I am so, so sorry. It really is such a disaster when this stuff happens and people are in need. If it were me I'd closely inspect the buds which have visible rot and remove them beyond the rotted sections. You can judiciously remove colas and buds if they are infected far enough for the treatment not to help.

Thanks, Garden, for your empathy and input. You're right, it IS a disaster when it happens. But, if I have to learn this lesson, I'd rather get it out of the way now. Maybe my next round will be problem free?

I only noticed some possible bud rot/ or mold on a couple of the larger colas, but I'll inspect again tonight. Maybe by then I'll have decided what to do with this crop.

Well, I think I'm just going to wrap it up, cut my losses and harvest these plants early. That said, they look fine tonight so far, and the tent smells clean. They handled the spray of hydrogen peroxide just fine!

I also pulled out all the next gen plants and sprayed them down today with the peroxide mixture.

I could let them go, and it would be fun to see what sort of seeds I would get, but I need to do a full room clean and closet clean in there. Also, I could really use the tent for the next group right about now.

I'm going to get my washes setup...

Well, I think I'm just going to wrap it up, cut my losses and harvest these plants early. That said, they look fine tonight so far, and the tent smells clean. They handled the spray of hydrogen peroxide just fine!

I also pulled out all the next gen plants and sprayed them down today with the peroxide mixture.

I could let them go, and it would be fun to see what sort of seeds I would get, but I need to do a full room clean and closet clean in there. Also, I could really use the tent for the next group right about now.

I'm going to get my washes setup...

Sorry to hear of it. You will have something to show at least. Your next grow will be superb and have huge harvest weight. I have super powers.

Sorry to hear of it. You will have something to show at least. Your next grow will be superb and have huge harvest weight. I have super powers.

Well, it's not so bad. They are being cut about 1 to 2 weeks prior to their recommended time. I would have had to really push them to let the seeds fully develop.

I'm sure I'll get some decent medicine from the harvest. Don't know how much yet, but I hope for another 15 - 20 grams of oil.

I took a bunch of pics last night, going to get them posted up...

Alrighty. These will likely be some of the last pics of this journal. I may do one last picture post, but I don't know yet.

To everyone who visited my journal and to those who commented and helped along the way, many thanks to you. May your gardens be green, healthy and fruitful.

Prechop

DF2_32714.jpg

DF1_32714.jpg

BC_32714.jpg

DF2_close1_32714.jpg

DF1_close_32714.jpg

BC_close_32714.jpg

DF2_prewash_32714.jpg

DF2_prewash2_32714.jpg

DF1_prewash_32714.jpg

DF2_postwash_32714.jpg

DF1_postwash1_32714.jpg

DF1_postwash2_32714.jpg

DF1_postwash3_32714.jpg

BC_postwash_32714.jpg

BC_postwash2_32714.jpg

Just some of the bigger branches hanging...

DF2_hang_32714.jpg

DF1_hang_32714.jpg

What's left post chop - still more to finish today... The bud washing takes quite a bit of extra time.

BC_postchop_32714.jpg

DF2_postchop_32714.jpg

DF1_postchop_32714.jpg

Nicely done! Seems like you made some sound decisions in the face of adversity. Nothing to be ashamed about with that harvest.

Nicely done! Seems like you made some sound decisions in the face of adversity. Nothing to be ashamed about with that harvest.

Thank you, PeeJay!

Thanks KJC. Do you think I should keep growing the other gals that are flowering now in the tent? Or should they be pulled now also?

The seeds that came out of the Penny buds were very very small, so the pollination was recent.

Congratulations on your harvest! Keep your plants in flower going.

Back
Top Bottom