You can put them under light yes, mine are in the nursery with mother plants under 24hrs light a day and mine come up no problems
White or very little color seeds are immature. Seeds that are darker brown with black striping are mature seeds.
Okay sounds good. I'll put them under 24h of light and it should be fine because I have a lamp with a led bulb which should be good for seedlings.

And them being tan was probably the reason why they didnt sprout they were probably immature seeds.

Thank you all for helping me out I was really confused and pissed of before :laugh:

Tan seeds, even a white seed will crack n grow but from my experience the further away from being mature they are the less chance you have of them cracking open. They also seem to struggle more pushing the seed off once cracked. If you get a good mature seed they will germinate in as little as 6 hours. I've had beans above ground, showing green 24 hours after putting the seed in germination.

I got 8 seeds from an ounce of this stuff . All 8 germinated in paper towel and plastic etc. Start with judt the red dixie cup. Its a baby bro. Baby it. Hps lol nooo bro. T5 maybe. 1 ft away. Go skow man keep em warm 70 75ish no fan dude lol dry em out. Think of it as a baby chick. But like way more like ur new born baby. Dont add any nutes. Ur killing it lol if u did just a sprinkle lol diluted 10x in water u dont need nething till its healthy to use it and not die.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200429-222222_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200429-222222_Chrome.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 151
I've you FFOF on seedlings and other than slight burn they did fine. I like to heat up a bit of water in a glass. Water needs to be warm but not scolding hot. Just enough to warm from room temp water. Also keep them in an area that stays warm.

I then wait until the seeds crack open a bit and the tap root shows. Usually within a day or two. Then once they show I put them in damp soil buried just deep enough with a light close enough to keep the soil warm but not dry. When it sprout I then pull the light a bit further.

Lately I've been dropping the seeds also in a rockwool cube with a ph of 5.5. So far no issues. I really hope this helps you.

Tan seeds, even a white seed will crack n grow but from my experience the further away from being mature they are the less chance you have of them cracking open. They also seem to struggle more pushing the seed off once cracked. If you get a good mature seed they will germinate in as little as 6 hours. I've had beans above ground, showing green 24 hours after putting the seed in germination.
I got 8 seeds from an ounce of this stuff . All 8 germinated in paper towel and plastic etc. Start with judt the red dixie cup. Its a baby bro. Baby it. Hps lol nooo bro. T5 maybe. 1 ft away. Go skow man keep em warm 70 75ish no fan dude lol dry em out. Think of it as a baby chick. But like way more like ur new born baby. Dont add any nutes. Ur killing it lol if u did just a sprinkle lol diluted 10x in water u dont need nething till its healthy to use it and not die.
I've you FFOF on seedlings and other than slight burn they did fine. I like to heat up a bit of water in a glass. Water needs to be warm but not scolding hot. Just enough to warm from room temp water. Also keep them in an area that stays warm.

I then wait until the seeds crack open a bit and the tap root shows. Usually within a day or two. Then once they show I put them in damp soil buried just deep enough with a light close enough to keep the soil warm but not dry. When it sprout I then pull the light a bit further.

Lately I've been dropping the seeds also in a rockwool cube with a ph of 5.5. So far no issues. I really hope this helps you.

With the 8 seeds that I ordered from seedsman I had to wait 25 DAYS and the seeds were a light tan color. I did the paper towel method to germ them and left them in a dark and heated place. After 3 days the taproot only grew like 1/6 inch for all of them and it was 3 days, so I just planted them. The 4 autoflower seeds I ordered were from herbies, are there seeds good ? I personally will never use seedsman ever again like I know theyre a seedbank but still the seeds they gave me were shit. They made me wait 25 days for immature seeds it really pisses me off. I hope the herbies seeds are better

Yea bro I feel you. My first time I really fucked them up I had them under a powerful light and was watering them twice a day :rofl: I learned my lesson from that. Thanks for telling me about the fan I did not know that.

I don't like the paper towel method. Too easy to kill your babies before they are even planted. I soak my seeds in cold water for 24-48 hours then plant them in solo cups of Coco or promix. I leave the lights on their normal schedule because there are other plants growing in the area and the seeds are underground so they don't care.

That's a rough start, you can try asking @SeedsMan if they can do anything about it for you.

I don't like the paper towel method. Too easy to kill your babies before they are even planted. I soak my seeds in cold water for 24-48 hours then plant them in solo cups of Coco or promix. I leave the lights on their normal schedule because there are other plants growing in the area and the seeds are underground so they don't care.

That's a rough start, you can try asking @SeedsMan if they can do anything about it for you.
i'll try asking them but I don't think they will. They almost made me quit growing for my first time :rolleyes: What I did was I would put them in a cup of distilled water and then when they sank to the bottom I put them in a paper towel. next time ill just skip the paper towel

So I'm thinking if a person gets questionable looking seeds it would be best to take a picture of them before germinating in case one has to do what you are about to attempt. I also believe any reputable seed distributor would help you out, so for sure you should give them a call, be nice & be honest about it & you've nothing to lose. Stuff happens.

I'm an amateur but I've a thing against the paper towel route. Soak & plant.

So I'm thinking if a person gets questionable looking seeds it would be best to take a picture of them before germinating in case one has to do what you are about to attempt. I also believe any reputable seed distributor would help you out, so for sure you should give them a call, be nice & be honest about it & you've nothing to lose. Stuff happens.

I'm an amateur but I've a thing against the paper towel route. Soak & plant.
Okay bet, Im going to soak my seeds then plant them when my auto seeds come in. I dont think seedsman will replace them but I hit them up and i'll hope they do :hug: when I first got the seeds I didn't think anything of it because this is my first grow and I thought seeds were supposed to look like that. It just gets me mad that they basically wasted a whole month of my time with the shipping and the germinating time :straightface: I sent them a message

Hate to break it to you but those are mature seeds. I've grown stuff from both heavyweight and seedsman. Heavyweight was better but the seedsman stuff is good and pyramid is good stuff as well. You picked good breeders so it's certainly a bummer they didn't pop.

@WalterGamer8 , you in the US, Canada or overseas mate?
Hate to break it to you but those are mature seeds. I've grown stuff from both heavyweight and seedsman. Heavyweight was better but the seedsman stuff is good and pyramid is good stuff as well. You picked good breeders so it's certainly a bummer they didn't pop.
Im in the USA man. idk what i did wrong if they were mature seeds then tho

Don’t know mate, some years are just like that, other years they all come up.

They only one I had issue with this year were the ones I put in seedling soil, and maybe that was my problem other years. I just put another 60 or so in to soak last night and they will got into solo cups with soil below and coco on top to star the seedlings, I’ll see if they all come up like the last batch

If you’re in the US, check out @New420Guy Seeds. Your seeds will be there within a week. Do you not soak them in water for 24 hours first?
He does have limited stock right now, but still have plenty to choose from.

Don’t know mate, some years are just like that, other years they all come up.

They only one I had issue with this year were the ones I put in seedling soil, and maybe that was my problem other years. I just put another 60 or so in to soak last night and they will got into solo cups with soil below and coco on top to star the seedlings, I’ll see if they all come up like the last batch
Alright thanks for clearing up confusion. When my seeds come in I’m gonna use ur method with 2/3 soil and 1/3 coco. I’ll update this thread when I start germinating :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom