Canobud's First Grow - The Widow

Pics!

IMG_271415.jpg

IMG_271516.jpg

IMG_271616.jpg

IMG_271714.jpg
Those look nice!

They are looking splendid man! They will take all the abuse you give em. I abused the hell out of them and they are still so nice. Fyi for the future they become potassium hogs in flower. Thought i was getting bad nute burn but finally realized they needed extra potassium and now they are back on track. I cant touch anywhere without being coated with sticky icky. lol. The blue treacle auto i got free from gorilla is coming along nicely for being stuck in a space bucket. I have to say im really happy with gorillas strains. 100% germination and great genetics. Cant wait to try the NLxNL cross "hybrid x" i got from them.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah growth rate is starting to pick up. This plant passed the one month mark yesterday, so now I'm hoping to get it to fill out the tent. I put two small stakes in this morning to pull down the two top-most branches a bit because the FIM'd top is pretty crowded in there. The CFLs on the side are pointed right into the lower bud sites.

It's soooo green I don't think nutes will be needed for quite a while; having just up-potted to 3 gallons with Ocean Forest/perlite (and switching back to spring water, forgot to mention that Monday,) am I thinking about this correctly? Nutrient schedules and journal recommendations are really all over the map. I don't want to burn it up, but I do want to maximize her potential. Given the soil/water I'm using and plant age/size/color, should nutes be a flowering period only thing for this grow? Lazarus specifically, what did you use to increase potassium? I have the Fox Farms trio as well as some generic 8-8-8 liquid fert available when needed, but I'm really gun-shy after burning two and seeing so many pictures of burned plants on this site. I guess the question I'm trying to answer is how do I *know* I need nutrients, vs. when is it merely a good idea to maximize results?

You guys rock!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Can't really say from the picture but i had some holes like that show up through the grow and they turned out to be nothing. Keep an eye on em and see if they do anything. I think some of mine were from when i fimmed and the leaf grew out with holes from the trimming.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Your LST looks great Canobud, :thumb: those holes are common. Imo. From what I've seen is it doesn't affect the plant at all. It could be a result of many factors. Bugs, water, light... All could cause small cuts early in development that become bigger as it grows. Not to worry is the big thing. It's fine unless it starts to spread from there.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Day 45...huge difference since Saturday. Going to water this morning but that's all today. I may wait until next week and then start 1/4-strength nutrients according to veg week 2 or 3 of Fox Farm's schedule.

I can't get over how low and bushy this thing is turning out to be. It's incredibly dense in there. I'm trying to tuck leaves under here and there to get some light into the lower bud sites, but it's getting tough to do even that.

IMG_274413.jpg

IMG_274616.jpg

Under magnification...if this is day 45 from seed and it's this size now, how much longer am I looking at before wanting to switch the lights to flowering schedule? Should I go the full 60 days from seed before flipping? I don't have a good sense of what a typical widow plant's size is when they're best primed for flowering. Since it's my only plant that developed I want to make sure I get a good haul from it.

IMG_275115.jpg

Under magnification...if this is day 45 from seed and it's this size now, how much longer am I looking at before wanting to switch the lights to flowering schedule? Should I go the full 60 days from seed before flipping? I don't have a good sense of what a typical widow plant's size is when they're best primed for flowering. Since it's my only plant that developed I want to make sure I get a good haul from it.

IMG_275115.jpg
Is it a white widow?
I just looked up white widow. It says 60 days in veg. I'd go 60 days. The longer it's growing in veg the better harvest you will have.

Told you it would be a bush. 60 days will give you a nice jumping off point for flower. Just be aware of your available height. Stretched about double for me. Im mid-way thru flower and the buds are fattening up nicely. I love this strain and am glad i took some clones to keep it going. Plus i still have 3 more seeds. Id like to grow this a few more times before i switch to something else. I think the yeilds are going to be pretty good for my first shot at dwc. It gets so frosty man.

Told you it would be a bush. 60 days will give you a nice jumping off point for flower. Just be aware of your available height. Stretched about double for me. Im mid-way thru flower and the buds are fattening up nicely. I love this strain and am glad i took some clones to keep it going. Plus i still have 3 more seeds. Id like to grow this a few more times before i switch to something else. I think the yeilds are going to be pretty good for my first shot at dwc. It gets so frosty man.

You appear to be right! I bet from the soil up, this plant is no taller than 4-5" in the center, and overall no taller than 6" right now, but very dense. I think I'll be OK on height; my tent is 7' tall, minus ~18" for fan/piping and overhead LED. I purchased some netting to build a small PVC-framed trellis for support, but without knowing roughly how high it should sit above this plant I'm sitting on that project for a while.

Yeah, you should be good height wise. My tents 6ft and i have my lights at the very top and the tips of the main colas are sitting 8-10 inches from them. Im enjoying watching your girl come along man. Good job so far.

Back
Top Bottom