Cape Mountainside Bay Garden: Transkei Sativa Soil Grow

Weekly update. The plants are flourishing at different stages of growth and training. I have run out of Seagrow and must replace, otherwise I am still giving the plants SST in their water daily and feeding Epic 5:2 once a week, with foliar spray of Epic 5:2 every 2nd day with my pest control (BB/BT/Neem). Two Double Wild Durban clones have rooted.

From the top are:
  • Molly (Transkei origin in my soil mix)
  • Purple Haze (Mystery purple thought to be haze in my soil mix)
  • Inzane ITM (clone in Orgasoilux)
  • Double Wild Durban 1 (in my soil mix)
  • LC-18 x Transkei (in my soil mix)
  • Holly (Transkei origin in my soil mix)
  • Wedding Cake (clone in Orgasoilux)
IMG_20201220_154102-2.jpg
IMG_20201220_154110-2.jpg
IMG_20201220_154225-2.jpg
IMG_20201220_154240-2.jpg
IMG_20201220_154302-2.jpg
IMG_20201220_155130-2.jpg
IMG_20201221_152543.jpg

really starting to get their roots Carmen looking strong. sun grown is the best.
Thank you Yogi. Yes, they do thrive in the sun. It's a delicate and intimate dance to have to trim, prune and train which is my main challenge right now. Some are ready to be let go and others have a way to go still.
Looking great Carmen! I expect you'll be seeing some pistils in a few weeks now. :thumb:
Thank you Shed. I'm pretty sure I am seeing the change coming now :)
Lookin good Carmen!!

hope you and yours are doing well!!
merry Christmas!!
Thank you BLS. My family are all safe and we are having separate Christmas's around the globe.

Wishing you all safe and merry festivities this season. Thank you for the support and encouragement on my journey.

Thank you BLS. My family are all safe and we are having separate Christmas's around the globe.

Wishing you all safe and merry festivities this season. Thank you for the support and encouragement on my journey.
Down to one sleep to go! My oldest is super excited! The youngest doesn’t know any different... she’s recently started crawling (well she drags her self) we keep having to pull her away from the presents under the tree... so I guess I could say she’s excited too lol

Guys I need help deciding the best and cheapest way to support my plants as they stretch and bud. We talked about this briefly in the early days. Somebody suggested stucco wire, I think tomato rings were mentioned too but I am not sure how much weight a tomato ring will hold. How would one secure the stucco wire in the ground? I found this structure for R59,99 / $4,11 at a The Crazy Store. I'm not sure if it is overkill. I don't know how big my plants are going to get.
1608968087742.png

Guys I need help deciding the best and cheapest way to support my plants as they stretch and bud. We talked about this briefly in the early days. Somebody suggested stucco wire, I think tomato rings were mentioned too but I am not sure how much weight a tomato ring will hold. How would one secure the stucco wire in the ground? I found this structure for R59,99 / $4,11 at a The Crazy Store. I'm not sure if it is overkill. I don't know how big my plants are going to get.
1608968087742.png
big fan of bamboo stakes myself Carmen, esp if free.

big fan of bamboo stakes myself Carmen, esp if free.
Thank you Yogi. How tall compared with the plants, should the bamboo be? What kind of structure do you make with the stakes? Would it be too much trouble to ask you to make a drawing, or show me a photo if you have?

Weekly update:

Still with the same routine. Seagrow and SST in their water daily and feeding Epic 5:2 once a week, with foliar spray of Epic 5:2 every 2nd day with my pest control (BB/BT/Neem).

From the top:
  • LC-18 x Transkei (in my soil mix)
  • Double Wild Durban 1 (in my soil mix)
  • Wedding Cake (clone in Orgasoilux)
  • Inzane ITM (clone in Orgasoilux)
  • Molly (Transkei origin in my soil mix)
  • Purple Haze (Mystery purple thought to be haze in my soil mix)
  • Holly (Transkei origin in my soil mix)
  • DWD Clone 1 (left) and DWD Clone 2 (right)
    IMG_20201226_185440-Edit.jpg
    IMG_20201226_185455-Edit.jpg
    IMG_20201226_185536-Edit.jpg
    IMG_20201226_185643-Edit.jpg
    IMG_20201226_185721-Edit.jpg
    IMG_20201226_185736-Edit.jpg
    IMG_20201226_185812-Edit.jpg
    IMG_20201225_152316-Edit-2.jpg

Bamboo usually just gets jammed into the soil and doesn't need to end up as tall as the plant, because tying it lower will still support most of the branch. I personally found a tomato cage tended to pull the plant into a more upright position and make it more crowded in the middle, but some folks love them!

Is that the ocean in the background? Nice!

Bamboo usually just gets jammed into the soil and doesn't need to end up as tall as the plant, because tying it lower will still support most of the branch. I personally found a tomato cage tended to pull the plant into a more upright position and make it more crowded in the middle, but some folks love them!

Is that the ocean in the background? Nice!
Shed, do you teepee the bamboo, or does each branch get it's own stake?

Thank you Yogi. How tall compared with the plants, should the bamboo be? What kind of structure do you make with the stakes? Would it be too much trouble to ask you to make a drawing, or show me a photo if you have?
hi carmen depends on what your genetics are up to i suspect Sativa oriented pants down there can get pretty exciting lol. no stakes needed for my grow atm i do have 34" dowel rods if needed and some S american oak six + footers when i get adventurous with a thai plant lol.
Choice view of the shark soup out there indeed. im out here heating bricks to warm plants lol :laugh: Carmen living best life.
20201226_180129.jpg
Am sipping 10mg tincture ginger tea though heh heh.
20201226_170304.jpg

hi carmen depends on what your genetics are up to i suspect Sativa oriented pants down there can get pretty exciting lol. no stakes needed for my grow atm i do have 34" dowel rods if needed and some S american oak six + footers when i get adventurous with a thai plant lol.
Choice view of the shark soup out there indeed. im out here heating bricks to warm plants lol :laugh: Carmen living best life.
20201226_180129.jpg
Am sipping 10mg tincture ginger tea though heh heh.
20201226_170304.jpg
The tea looks amazing. Heating bricks to warm plants? How does that work?

wish you were here 3rd cup heating up atm, its amazing, 10mg per cup too lol. mood: Saturday chill. the bricks (or clay shards, rocks heck i have a 5lb hammer head heating atm.) w my canopies the heat is trapped. though i could cover w plastic, sheets etc to hold in more heat. a little go a long way believe it or not. ive got two bricks on clay shards w more shard on top five feet apart, the hibachi is almost touching my ground orchid container. adding stones next. skirting mid to low 30°f here.
keeps turning the plants towards the purps though
20201226_180056.jpg

Back
Top Bottom