Low Input Southern African Window Weed Start Up: Coco Grow

Here are pics of the swaz thickening out a bit, and the cheese fighting back... question to the experienced growers? Where do you think these plants are in their flowering stages? They have taken 2 weeks to recover to this point since I nearly murdered them. How much longer will they grow for do you think? Also, do you think that the cheese will thicken out, or am I looking at isolated mini-buds for harvest when the time comes?
As predicted by the seasoned growers, my seedlings at 3 months old are starting to show pistil activity due to the shorter daylight hours. Their roots are coming out of the bottom of their pots. Do you think I should transplant into bigger pots, and if so what size would be optimal given climate and flowering stage? @Lerugged @Strainyourbrain @irie lion @Smeegol and anyone else who is interested in advising and encouraging please :morenutes::passitleft:
Hey Carmen
Looking like they will pull through fine. The swaz is filling out. Your buds will really depend on how much light they are getting. I have a cut in an area that only gets about 3hrs max sun as an experiment and she is super loose in structure whereas the ones up stairs and twice the size and extremely dense.
I'd say if you are just seeing a couple pistils you would be ok to transplant carefully. I would say put them in 8to 10lt pots as the season Will not allow for enough time to fill up the pots before flowering is done. Maybe you could get away with a 5lt. Just my opinion maybe wait for some more wiser responses.
Have an awesome week

Thanks Lerugged, I have been reading more about lighting and ambient temperature control and honestly your mention of Eishkom sobered me up. If we don't go dark this winter, I will eat my best beenie. Best to v.voord au naturale for now and harvest teeny tiny cold plants lol.. better than nuffing :lot-o-toke:

Hey hey ms.Ray if you looking to prolong lighting for veg purposes then CFL are the way to go as they are cheap and efficient, even better if you have those long tube light fixture spare get some 36w fluros in as they worked very well for me last winter indoors....

Hey Carmen
Looking like they will pull through fine. The swaz is filling out. Your buds will really depend on how much light they are getting. I have a cut in an area that only gets about 3hrs max sun as an experiment and she is super loose in structure whereas the ones up stairs and twice the size and extremely dense.
I'd say if you are just seeing a couple pistils you would be ok to transplant carefully. I would say put them in 8to 10lt pots as the season Will not allow for enough time to fill up the pots before flowering is done. Maybe you could get away with a 5lt. Just my opinion maybe wait for some more wiser responses.
Have an awesome week

Ya you'll be fine up-potting into larger pots as they will recover from the planting in 24hrs/ not even skipping a beat to be honest in coco.... :snowboating:

Hey Carmen, your plants are looking healthy and happy! :snowboating::yummy:
Due to the flowering plants being stunted mid flower - the general growth will be slower so it is difficult to say how long you've got left on them. From my experience when i've had troubles with my flowering plants, it stunted their growth & once they recovered they seemed to never pick up to the same growth speed i reckon. In vegetative stage cannabis can take such a beating it's almost difficult to kill it :rofl: but during bloom they are so sensitive. So in conclusion yes i do think it will result in airy-smallish buds but that is part of the learning process.
Same thing regarding transplanting the flowering plants - i NEVER transplant during bloom unless you really need to e.g. you've got root rot or you are not happy with your medium. Think of it this way - when the plant is vegging loads of energy goes to developing roots, but as soon as bloom begins all that energy that was going into root growth, will go to into developing flowers. Therefor there is more risk to the plant in transplanting during flowering. I hope this helps Carmen :thumb:

Thanks so much for the input and encouragement from you all. I must learn how to multi quote in my replies. It's quite hard to take a step back and wait now. I will update when there's something significant to say. Have a great week all :peace::thanks:

I must learn how to multi quote in my replies.
Hi Carmen,
on PC or laptop, hold down the left mouse key while sliding the mouse across the text you want to quote. When you let go of the mouse key, a little box opens below showing +Quote| Reply. Click on the word Quote and it is added to the multi quote.

Then do as you normally do to add the quote to a message. Once you try it a couple of times you will understand more.
I can't help you on a mobile device since I don't use one.

Do you think I should transplant into bigger pots, and if so what size would be optimal given climate and flowering stage?
Morning Saffas.
Transplanting in very early bloom can still be ok in my experience but the further along they go it can be a waste of time. I usually transplant when I see my first pre-flowers if the plant is getting root bound. Otherwise I leave them in the pot.
It can mean the plant doesn't get as big but it stays on track and healthy.
My 10 cents worth
:peace:
:green_heart:

What's happening this fine morning ms.C...... :snowboating::headbanger:
It's a beaut misty morning here Smeegs... and not very cold.... so still and quiet... I love it.... what's it like at your spot? :passitleft:

Morning Saffas.
Transplanting in very early bloom can still be ok in my experience but the further along they go it can be a waste of time. I usually transplant when I see my first pre-flowers if the plant is getting root bound. Otherwise I leave them in the pot.
It can mean the plant doesn't get as big but it stays on track and healthy.
My 10 cents worth
:peace:
:green_heart:
Thank you Strain, Mine are in pre-flower so I am going to try to find the right pots today and take them to 10l as LeR suggested. I have one strong looking plant, the others still smaller and one that I think is male and for the chop :passitleft:

It's a beaut misty morning here Smeegs... and not very cold.... so still and quiet... I love it.... what's it like at your spot? :passitleft:

Misty mornings in Smeegs garden too, happy half week day off to ya ms.Carmen..... :snowboating:
Early morning sun breaking through the mist type of deal...haha
Staying medicated is the name of the game.

Misty mornings in Smeegs garden too, happy half week day off to ya ms.Carmen..... :snowboating:
Early morning sun breaking through the mist type of deal...haha
Staying medicated is the name of the game.
Yip yip is a great day for making an X. Have a good one too Smeegs. Bullet proof coffee going down gullet first :nomo::thumb:

Sjoe. Tf that's over for another 4 years. My plants tho... Bounce back is happening. They drink slowly now cos it's pretty chilly. Their performance is enhanced however. Babies doing pretty well. Will wait and see...

Attachments

• DSC_6744-Edit.jpg
    DSC_6744-Edit.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC_6746-Edit.jpg
    DSC_6746-Edit.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC_6754-Edit.jpg
    DSC_6754-Edit.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC_6761-Edit.jpg
    DSC_6761-Edit.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 199
Morning ms.Carmen how the girls doing, as your girls get further in flower now they will drink more, have you considered bumping your feed up a cpl mls....?
Morning Smeegs :) I honestly don't know what I am doing hahaha. I am testing the soil daily and they do not seem thirsty. I think they are cleverer at growing themselves than I am so I am trying to listen to them. Their flowers are beginning to look pretty again after they did their leaf shedding thing and they appear to be in good health so I am not fiddling right now. If conditions change suddenly, I will have to intervene, but for now I am leaving it up to them. I think they are in semi-hibernation, due to the low temps we are starting to get here now. The babies appear to be in good health too and are not doing anything startling at present. What's happening in your garden? Is it still relatively warm up that side?

Morning Smeegs :) I honestly don't know what I am doing hahaha. I am testing the soil daily and they do not seem thirsty. I think they are cleverer at growing themselves than I am so I am trying to listen to them. Their flowers are beginning to look pretty again after they did their leaf shedding thing and they appear to be in good health so I am not fiddling right now. If conditions change suddenly, I will have to intervene, but for now I am leaving it up to them. I think they are in semi-hibernation, due to the low temps we are starting to get here now. The babies appear to be in good health too and are not doing anything startling at present. What's happening in your garden? Is it still relatively warm up that side?

Evening ms.Carmen the gardens dwindling in size at the moment as the last cpl girls come down, but then I have a bunch of clones I trimmed down abit and going to be taking more tomorrow and see how they do over winter...

I found a feed schedule for the product you use and you use all 3 for each feed as you go forward, I had to blow it up and enlarge but you should understand it if not give us a shout.... :snowboating:

image.png

Evening ms.Carmen the gardens dwindling in size at the moment as the last cpl girls come down, but then I have a bunch of clones I trimmed down abit and going to be taking more tomorrow and see how they do over winter...

I found a feed schedule for the product you use and you use all 3 for each feed as you go forward, I had to blow it up and enlarge but you should understand it if not give us a shout.... :snowboating:

image.png
Thank you Smeegs. I have started reading your coco thread and I am finding that interesting and informative. I think you mention somewhere in there that you use some kind of aloe thing for rooting, rather than gel? I tried cutting a couple a while back and they didn't take root but that could easily have been because I didn't know what I was doing really. Do you have any posts specifically dealing with cloning, or know of any to hook me up with?

Morning ms.Carmen you are indeed lucky this morning as im going to be taking some clones later today when it warms up a little bit so I'll post pics and steps here for you later today if that's ok with you...
I've tried a cpl of diff methods for taking clones and I average between 14-21 days for roots to show which I'm happy with cause any faster rooting and I'd run out of space pronto...haha

Morning ms.Carmen you are indeed lucky this morning as im going to be taking some clones later today when it warms up a little bit so I'll post pics and steps here for you later today if that's ok with you...
I've tried a cpl of diff methods for taking clones and I average between 14-21 days for roots to show which I'm happy with cause any faster rooting and I'd run out of space pronto...haha
Thanks Smeegs, that will be great

I am veering off track a bit with the strains in my balcony grow. I have a quite a fun selection of plants and I am looking forward to seeing how the experiment works in time. These pictures show my nursery, with the exciting addition of a tiny hydro factory, and on the other side, the flowering plants. To rescue the title of this feed, I do have a few Southern African plants and the one I am most interested in is the Transkei indigenous plant. Because it is winter, I only germinated one of the seeds and am yet to discover if the plant is going to be a girl or a boy. That is my best ever high. I haven't smoked it in yonks, but what I remember is a gentle energy that gave me tremendous focus on things like gardening, painting, cooking etc, so a stimulant, but a gentle one. Aids concentration and focus and melts away anxiety. That's my grand prize, if I can bring her to bud successfully. I had two wonderful things happen today. The one is weed related and the other is meta. A while back a visitor brought some of his own weed for the evening and I don't even remember what it was... something I hadn't ever heard of. He invited me to have some, but I was too tired to go there at the time. Anyway, today whilst I was doing plant patrol I discovered a healthy seedling whose roots had almost embedded in the roots of a pretty, but random pot plant. I re-potted in coco. I hope it's a girl, cos it is from that time according to my flatmate. The other thing was truly wonderful. I was sitting on the fire escape having a smoke and I spotted a bee lying in the passage. I kinda poked it and it showed signs of life but was certainly on its way out. So I made a solution of sugar water and dammed it up around bee. At one point, I thought I may drown the creature if it didn't do something proactive to stay alive. It began moving feelers and limbs and started drinking. I watched for a while and it walked a few inches. It twitched its wings. I fetched a piece of folded paper to try to scoop it and take it to the garden and it got defensive. I didn't want it to lose its sting, so I retreated for a while and then I had an idea.... I snipped a leaf off my Swaz and bee climbed onto that and clung tight. I managed to transport bee several feet and get it into the plants where they normally do their thang, and the last thing I saw before I walked away was bee flexing wings and looking less like death warmed up. A great day and I am happy that my window weed is happy amongst the laundry and cat litter :)

Attachments

• LRM_EXPORT_212038334107219_20190514_160917507.jpeg
    LRM_EXPORT_212038334107219_20190514_160917507.jpeg
    568.4 KB · Views: 58
  • LRM_EXPORT_212139395661370_20190514_161058569.jpeg
    LRM_EXPORT_212139395661370_20190514_161058569.jpeg
    694.9 KB · Views: 60
Hey Carmen! :snowboating: You're getting quite the nursery together there! :slide:
That is so awesome - well done on saving our bees :bravo: Transkei bud is so good- good luck to your seedling lets hope SHE buds up well for you :yummy:
Happy growing! I feel the rain is coming...

Back
Top Bottom