Chocolate Skunk & Lemon Grass Auto Grow Journal - Roy In Coco Heaven

DSC_2717.JPG

We are now day 64 from soaking the seed

The Chocolate Skunk is snowy with pretty orange pistils
The breeder states 65 days so this strain is pretty bang on and interestingly, all of the buds are maturing exactly the same time - bonus
However this grow has been problematic and the plants are not the best, the result being it is looking like around 30g-50g per plant, not that it bothers me

The Lemon Grass is packing on tons of flowers but no frosting at all yet so they are at least a month behind but the harvest looks to be at least double that of the Choccy Skunk

In anticipation of finishing the Skunk in a dark bathroom soon I've put some Northern Lights in coco to pop
Thing is, I did it after a bong and only realised today that it was a pack of 5 seeds, but I've only got 4 pots going :hmmmm:
:rofl:

Raining and cold today, so cleaned out the tent
Gonna pull one of these early because I am down to the bottom of my last jar
Not really a photo shoot - any model would want their money back lol

DSC_2735.JPG
DSC_2732.JPG

Not very beefy but they will do for now, I'm short of space in the tent, too much space in the cupboard
:hookah:

Chocolate Skunk fekin reeks when it's chopped
Googled it and top result was 'Top 10 Stinkiest Weed Strains'
They didn't tell me that when I bought the seeds - I've got every fan, filter, air purifier, dehumidifier in the place going and I can still smell it
I've even run the shower, which does actually help
I can explain why it helps, but please don't ask unless you are bored/stoned shitless
:hookah: :cool:

Cheers, thought this was a fucked up cold winter UK grow for a while, but they are budding up frosty big time
Took a branch off and sweat dried it today
Tempted to try it, watch this space :hookah:

BTW lemony grass sativa doesn't smell like much yet, flowers but no frost

Looking magnificent Roy.

What is sweat drying?
Sweating Fresh Bud

After hanging one branch for a few days just until it feels dry to touch but still 'wet' I put the buds [removed from stem] in an air tight plastic tub with a sheet of kitchen towel loosely laid on top
Put the tub on top of a lamp, warm, not hot - the weed 'sweats' its moisture
I put a cold can of beer, bag of ice, whatever on top of the lid
The bottom gets warm and gently evaporates moisture, which the kitchen towel absorbs; fresh towel once it becomes damp
Because the lid is colder, water condenses on the inside of the lid and can be wiped off
That's basically how dehumidifiers work
Then air it, let it cool down completely then repeat until it's almost dry

Bit of a hack and it won't taste properly cured yet but it's in the jar, dry, 3 days after chop
...and OK to smoke - even if it tastes a bit green, super fresh bud packs a punch

Sweating Fresh Bud

After hanging one branch for a few days just until it feels dry to touch but still 'wet' I put the buds [removed from stem] in an air tight plastic tub with a sheet of kitchen towel loosely laid on top
Put the tub on top of a lamp, warm, not hot - the weed 'sweats' its moisture
I put a cold can of beer, bag of ice, whatever on top of the lid
The bottom gets warm and gently evaporates moisture, which the kitchen towel absorbs; fresh towel once it becomes damp
Because the lid is colder, water condenses on the inside of the lid and can be wiped off
That's basically how dehumidifiers work
Then air it, let it cool down completely then repeat until it's almost dry

Bit of a hack and it won't taste properly cured yet but it's in the jar, dry, 3 days after chop
...and OK to smoke - even if it tastes a bit green, super fresh bud packs a punch
Very interesting, thank you Roy. How many times do you typically have renew the paper towel, and how long does this typically take?

Very interesting, thank you Roy. How many times do you typically have renew the paper towel, and how long does this typically take?
Every 10-15 mins, or when you see droplets of condensation, change the towel and wipe the inside of the lid dry
I did 3 cycles, took about 90 mins with cooling time between sweats [important]

You might want to put the extractor fan on when you open it up between sweats ;)

Back
Top Bottom