LOL I thought that it was just me loosing my mind. I use to buy those plug things and I always felt that it took longer for my clones to get roots in them. So, I started putting my cutting right into the soil and I feel that they root faster. I have water logged so many seeds with them as well. Now, I just plant everything right in the medium I am going to be using. Normally, it is Fox Farm but for this grow I am going to try and stay with the CoCo. Your garden looks good. :high-five:

Your SD#5 clone maybe just cut back on the food? My clones if I just put them in straight water they would do that when I would put them back into the soil. What was explained to me was : Taking a cutting from a plant that is getting food then placing it in to just water it looses the food. Then placing it back into the soil after it roots can burn it. So, now when I do cuttings I put just a little bit of dirt in the water so it maintains the same environment from what the cutting came from. If, that makes sense.

Your SD#5 clone maybe just cut back on the food? My clones if I just put them in straight water they would do that when I would put them back into the soil. What was explained to me was : Taking a cutting from a plant that is getting food then placing it in to just water it looses the food. Then placing it back into the soil after it roots can burn it. So, now when I do cuttings I put just a little bit of dirt in the water so it maintains the same environment from what the cutting came from. If, that makes sense.

totally make sense. thanks for the advise. and glad its not just me either with those pucks. i think i have a plan to avoid needing to use them. and still be able to use my smaller cloner w/ the dome. i do will a more detailed garden update later today. and thank you joining me on this journey.

with coco the medium is almost neutral and takes on what ever you feed it. so if you start with clean coco and feed only r/o water than than the coco should remain clean and without nutrients except for what the plant puts back into the soil. from dead roots or falling leaves or what have you. so if you t take a cutting or seed and plant into clean coco and not feed than it will not receive any nutes other than what it already has. if you wait to feed until you start to see it yellowing or any other kind of nutrient deficiency than you would need to start at a low level of feed. bt with coco it with suck your cutting/seedling dry of what nutrients they have. so you need to start from germ/cutting with a very diluted level of nutrients to avoid this. with soil your medium usually has nutrients in it prior to planting and has micro-nutrients as well. so it will feed throughout all stages of growth. so the need for feeding clones/seedlings is very minimal. i am am very medicated when typing this so sorry if i don't make sense. and feel free to correct me please.

i tried to make the labels more visible. this is about the end of week 2 i believe. everything is looking good. except the SD#5 clone. luckily i have another that is doing ok. the #5 pheno is a very nice stacking and bushy girl. the trichome production isn't up to par with SD#1. and SD#7 is a more stretchy pheno with about same trichome production as 5 so far. the 3 older clones are taking off nicely in their new 3 gal pots. not sure how much i should be watering at this stage of the transplant. so i just watered a few inches around the base. Onto the seedlings. The Blue Dream seem a little runty but that is ok with me as i believe they tend to get very large. The Pineapple Skunk has stopped its initial stretch thankfully. The Sour Lemon has something up with its first set of true leaves. think its just from the germ process but I'm not too sure. everything else on it is growing just fine. Chem Dog #4 is looking very good as well. nothing out of the ordinary with this one so far. And the Strawberry Sour Diesel, this is my favorite so far. the stacking is amazing. Already has a nice start on internode growth. this i hope will be a nice bushy lady. Feeding everything the normal strength nutrients for week 2-3 of veg. (according to canna)

ml/gal (Distilled water)
3.5ml cal-mag
8.5ml canna a&b
7.5ml Rhizotonic
10ml Cannzym
(shaken not stirred)
PH @ 6.3.
PPM @ 850

IMG_20171201_221012.jpg

IMG_20171201_221007.jpg
IMG_20171201_221113.jpg
IMG_20171201_221117.jpg

IMG_20171130_190927.jpg
IMG_20171201_220840.jpg
IMG_20171201_220847.jpg
IMG_20171201_220900.jpg
IMG_20171201_221252.jpg
IMG_20171201_221349.jpg
IMG_20171201_221433.jpg
IMG_20171201_221316.jpg
IMG_20171201_221406.jpg
IMG_20171201_221511.jpg
IMG_20171201_221604.jpg
IMG_20171201_221553.jpg
IMG_20171201_221534.jpg

Found you. :laughtwo: Welcome to my neighborhood. Now I get to know you better without the fast-running stream. Lol!

Let me jump back and read the introduction.

I use Rapid Rooters for my clones, although I've had great success as well with perlite. I keep them in their own little CO2-charged atmosphere the way Lembatoast taught me.

IMG_606010.JPG

This one one took her time at it, but now she's happily growing in kit soil. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_606113.JPG

I was excited to see you're growing Humbolt's Blue Dream. So am I. :cheesygrinsmiley: Yes they can get big. Mine grows in hempy, but she's have filled a 2x2 on her own. She's the one on the right, about a week from harvest.

IMG_604310.JPG

IMG_604612.JPG

You're gonna like it here insanity. By the way...are you aware some of your babies have a thrip infestation, or have you already dealt with that? If not spinosad is your friend. Neem works well as a top dressing too, if you have it.

I do have neem oil. i thought it was just from the way i was watering at the start, and just got nutrients on the leaves. i haven't noticed anything on new growth. i have given the vegging plants a spray down of neem 2 days ago was about to do it again. hmmm I'm worried if they are thrips...

btw susan that blue dream looks so tasty. and you were right... i have thrips. i will post a few pics in a few. i am not infested i don't think. but i do have them on most of the plants. i gave everything a healthy dose of neem oil foliar. it may be a little too far into flower. (start of week4) but i don't really care. guess i get to try this bud washing technique out from now on. more to come in a few.

ok so i have done a very healthy neem oil foliar. and also released about 3 dozen lady bugs in the flower tent. its a pretty sealed room so i just hope they are still hungry and not ready to just sleep... its also pk boost week. only did a 5.5ml/gal of the 13/14 for first 2 days. after that i will raise it a little bit than flush the coco for last week or 2 of feeding. than its flush week(s). i will be keeping a close eye on the thrips. any suggestions to avoid them in the future? i plan on doing a very thorough disinfecting of everything i the room and tent. also removing all soil products. debating if i should reuse my coco or not. hmmmm. i didn't have any issues with plants for over a year now until i moved everything into the room and the tents... any cleaning product i need to stay away from? or any suggestions for good products i can get?

I do have neem oil. i thought it was just from the way i was watering at the start, and just got nutrients on the leaves. i haven't noticed anything on new growth. i have given the vegging plants a spray down of neem 2 days ago was about to do it again. hmmm I'm worried if they are thrips...

No worries insanity. Get some spinosad and spray every three days for two weeks. That should do it. Those markings are definitely thrips.

:oops: Missed the other posts. Well done. The lady bugs are a nice touch. :high-five:

You can use neem up to harvest. You'll enjoy budwashing. :cheesygrinsmiley:

great. thanks! can't wait to try the bud washing now. lol. should i spray with r/o water between applications of neem?

I wouldn't spray with anything else. Let the neem do its thing.

btw susan that blue dream looks so tasty. and you were right... i have thrips. i will post a few pics in a few. i am not infested i don't think. but i do have them on most of the plants. i gave everything a healthy dose of neem oil foliar. it may be a little too far into flower. (start of week4) but i don't really care. guess i get to try this bud washing technique out from now on. more to come in a few.

The flying skull nuke em is what I use. I like it because it can be sprayed on the flowers. I bud wash so, I really don't worry about it to much. It works well in controlled environments.

Back
Top Bottom