Chocolate Skunk & Lemon Grass Auto Grow Journal - Roy In Coco Heaven

@Krissi Carbone thanks for dropping by

There's loads of talk of sips, swicks and stuff going on at the moment
I can grow plants and I know you can too - so what's your take on the subject?
I grow in what Azi likes to call the cousin SiPS. They are self feed water reserve and it's what the Rev uses as well and has fantastic results. Seems as if these pots started a desire to make SIPs and the site is going crazy over it. Swick another sister or cousin to SIPs is just something else but I don't think it presents equally well across the board using mediums other than LOS. I'm happy with my special pots. I've been asked to make my own SIP and run an auto in them-apparently they are the best candidates for SIPs? See what I will do come my Spring/Summer grow. I'll make one up, Azi wants to see if it has an effect on established grows/growers using similar style pots. I'll take one for the team and test it out.

@Krissi Carbone thanks for dropping by

There's loads of talk of sips, swicks and stuff going on at the moment
I can grow plants and I know you can too - so what's your take on the subject?
Ask me what I think about this talk.

Word of warning, it could contain expletives, actually best I don’t.

Lolling.

Ask me what I think about this talk.

Word of warning, it could contain expletives, actually best I don’t.

Lolling.
I can imagine...

We now have 7 seedlings above ground, Lemongrass [Sativa] is more vigorous though a tad leggy so when it comes to up-pot, I'll bury 1" of the stems
They are under the lamp 24/0 at the moment to maintain a steady temperature 22/23C; as soon as the newer sprouts straighten out I will gradually drop to 18/6 and up the light power to 50%+

So far, so good :hookah:

Fed them today and whacked the light up a bit; I want them short and bushy as possible and I know that will be a struggle with the Lemongrass, Chocolate Skunk should be much easier and harvest two weeks sooner

A lot of stuff going on here today which I can't comment on...

...but I will say @VetSmoke85 👍

Fed them today and whacked the light up a bit; I want them short and bushy as possible and I know that will be a struggle with the Lemongrass, Chocolate Skunk should be much easier and harvest two weeks sooner

A lot of stuff going on here today which I can't comment on...

...but I will say @VetSmoke85 👍
I hope the lemongrass actually smells like lemongrass. Nicest smell ever in my books.

Got my crayons and a circle of paper, and involuntarily stuck my tongue out of the corner of my mouth
Disclaimer: I am not remotely stoned*

DSC_2422.JPG

* May contain lies

:hookah:
Lovin it dude, stick that on your fridge and be proud of it! :)

Roots appearing under the starter pots and I have over-watered a little, so knocked up some fresh coco/perlite ready for upping to 3L pots, where they will stay - there are several bags like this - letting it all sit and dry overnight
So tempted to just plonk the strongest one in this bag...

coco-prelite-mix-60-40.JPG

Gonna be putting a layer of Myco + Frass when I pot them up

Topping Autos at Day 19, Fourth Node

After approx 19 days I have 4 nodes plus the tip, which today I am going to remove
I will be trying to cut just above the fourth node, leaving the two smallest leaves and the tiny shoots at the node intact
Not always easy if they are very close together, so if you accidentally FIM it, cut it back a little more as autos don't respond well to fimming; a clean cut exposing the new shoots is all I am aiming for

Autos can start to flower within a few weeks so I want to get the tip off before any flowering hormones kick in
The lower branches will naturally spread little and catch up with the top of the plant over the next week or two at which point we will have 6 lower branches/colas and two top colas

I do not train/LST Autos - the most I may do is use a wire walking stick pushed into the soil to gently widen the lower branches if I think it will improve the shape/canopy; just hook over the branch and push it into the soil, adjust as necessary. Can't be doing fiddly bits of wire and contorted stems and I have shovels for hands anyway

Not certain which this is, Chocolate Skunk or Lemon Grass

topping after-node-4.JPG

As you can see, I don't have much stem to cut cleanly above the fourth node -- it would be much easier to cut at the node below which is plan B if I FIM the tip and do not get a clean cut

I can't get my fingers in there to pinch out, so I will part the top two leaves aside and use bonsai clippers with a very fine point to get in there accurately

bonsai-clippers-for-topping.JPG

Parting the top two leaves so I can get to the baby clasped leaves at the tip - not easy to photograph lol

topping-autos-node-4-day-20.JPG

The result - topmost side shoots are intact

topped-auto-top-bud-sites.JPG

I don't know if you can see clearly, but either side of the cut the emerging shoots are still there, undamaged

Watering from the bottom with 2ml/L A/B to get them started, the frass & myco will kick in soon at which point I'll whack the light up to 75%

Next step - sit back and let 'em grow :hookah:

Back
Top Bottom