Chocolate Skunk & Lemon Grass Auto Grow Journal - Roy In Coco Heaven

She didn't mind the topping

days-after-topping.JPG

Hello @Carmen Ray
I topped one @3, one @4, one @5 and the rest not at all, to compare

No, but you spelled incorrectly incorrectly :hookah: lol
Yeah, my typing andd spelling parts of my brain are losing function from the Parkinsons. It takes too long to go back and correct all they typos so my mates are going to be learning a new lingo when I type :)

Day 30 from soaking the seeds and we have early flowers showing
They look hungry though, lost some colour and looking a bit tired
So prepared a seaweed tonic and added some PK, if that doesn't rectify I will think about a slightly larger pot
This is not my usual coco and it is not nearly as good as the Pro stuff I usually get, so that was a mistake - trying to save a couple of quid with inferior products just isn't worth it
Hopefully they will perk up for the camera tomorrow

Also means it's time to visit the seed bank again which is always fun, though I am sorely tempted to keep it simple with Jack Herer/Blackjack and Northern Lights for a smoking stash, ie not for edibles

They are slightly over watered because I gave a mini-flush before feeding the tonic so I've whacked up the light to help dry them out
Reference picture for comparison - I will take precisely the same photo tomorrow, see if we can see any difference

DSC_2571.JPG

:hookah:

Grown a lot since Tuesday Roy, really nice color and healthy too.
They actually look slightly more pale than that to me, you can just see the yellow blotches starting on the bigger leaves [bottom left], that's why I bumped up the K

They have perked up but they are still wet, so I don't expect to see much improvement until they have dried out and ready for their next watering
I will also use a 0-4-4, Iron & Sulfur additive to improve the leaf green
May well water from the bottom with a splosh of H2O2 to reoxygenate the root zone as this coco is a bit heavy
DSC_2585.JPG

They are looking a bit better now they have dried out, and the tonic has helped
This coco stays a bit too wet, so I will be watering from the bottom from now on
I've done lots of tucking and taken some of the parasol leaves off

Lemon Grass Day 30
cannabis-plants-in-a-tent-day-30.JPG

Skunk Day 30
skunk-day-30.JPG

They are looking a bit better now they have dried out, and the tonic has helped
This coco stays a bit too wet, so I will be watering from the bottom from now on
I've done lots of tucking and taken some of the parasol leaves off

Lemon Grass Day 30
cannabis-plants-in-a-tent-day-30.JPG

Skunk Day 30
skunk-day-30.JPG

That worked a charm Roy. Will you SIP, Swick or Other?

Looking good mate. What coco do you normally use? I got the Ecothrive Lite, as I've used some of their products before and it's pre inoculated with some Charge to get things going. Prepped solo cups last night and will pop seeds in tonight. I've got no reference point with it being my first time using coco but my gut says I should add a little more perlite when I prep the big pots.

That worked a charm Roy. Will you SIP, Swick or Other?
I will be watering the trays they are in and letting the coco pull up the water, trying to balance it so they can be watered little and often
This coco is far less airier than it should be, that's what caught me out earlier in the grow but I think I've got a handle on it now and can start to beef them up

Looking good mate. What coco do you normally use? I got the Ecothrive Lite, as I've used some of their products before and it's pre inoculated with some Charge to get things going. Prepped solo cups last night and will pop seeds in tonight. I've got no reference point with it being my first time using coco but my gut says I should add a little more perlite when I prep the big pots.
Hi Vet - I have always used Canna Coco Pro+, but last year I did try New Horizon coco-based compost which worked a treat, apart from the free fungus gnat factory that came with it ;)

Back
Top Bottom