Captain Howdy's - Crown Royal - Closet - Soil - Grow

nice... I already love my green crack, and its not even done yet. The dark angel just looks yummy.

Yeah I'm super excited for both new additions, the 50/50 sativa/indica ratio of the angels is intriguing. Can't wait to see how they shape out.

-Captain Howdy

HEY 420 FRIENDS!

Ok, so I'm going to start doing some LST on the Crown Royales. I want to keep them all nice and low as possible in hopes that the Dark Angels will catch up in height due to the higher sativa ratio and me stunting the Crown Royales. I am planning to Veg these girls and the Dark Angels for approximately 8 more weeks at which time I will be pulling my 400w metal halide, chosen mothers and likely the green cracks to a second veg space that I am working on over the next couple months.

Am I going to get some nice dense nugs with two 400 watt hps in that closet? Should I try to sell my two existing 400 hpss and get a 1000 hps? What do you think friends?

-Captain Howdy

HEY 420 FRIENDS!

Ok, so I'm going to start doing some LST on the Crown Royales. I want to keep them all nice and low as possible in hopes that the Dark Angels will catch up in height due to the higher sativa ratio and me stunting the Crown Royales. I am planning to Veg these girls and the Dark Angels for approximately 8 more weeks at which time I will be pulling my 400w metal halide, chosen mothers and likely the green cracks to a second veg space that I am working on over the next couple months.

Am I going to get some nice dense nugs with two 400 watt hps in that closet? Should I try to sell my two existing 400 hpss and get a 1000 hps? What do you think friends?

-Captain Howdy
I think there is a lot to be said for multi-source lighting and the effects it has on penetration. I actually think that 800w of multi source light is better than the 1000w, especially when you also mixed spectrums, MH in one, HPS in the other.

I think there is a lot to be said for multi-source lighting and the effects it has on penetration. I actually think that 800w of multi source light is better than the 1000w, especially when you also mixed spectrums, MH in one, HPS in the other.

As always thanks Emilya, you're awesome!
I see a lot of negative comments regarding the penetration of 400 W units but you're saying I should be fine? Are you suggesting I may see better results getting a MH conversion bulb for one of my hps systems and run dual spectrums at 800W?

As always thanks Emilya, you're awesome!
I see a lot of negative comments regarding the penetration of 400 W units but you're saying I should be fine? Are you suggesting I may see better results getting a MH conversion bulb for one of my hps systems and run dual spectrums at 800W?

That is what I am doing with 600w bulbs.... it works very well. Guess I should have asked how big the space was though... 400's will give you about a 3x3 working space with each... if you are having to get too far away or have fringes of your area not being serviced, well... then there are other considerations.

I think you should get the single 1000 and be done with it. More penetration more intensity an 200 more watts. It will be easier to manage a single bulb reflector in your space I would imagine. You can certainly customize your light Print a little more with two independent lights but in your set up with your amount of plants you might not need to expand your light print beyond what the 1000 offers and you get moar penetration/power. U can set up my extra ballast if u want to try a 1000 bro u know I gots u covered. I got that extra cool hood if you need it for the 1000.

"Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead"

HEY 420 FRIENDS!

Well, I certainly have some considering to do, luckily I have good friends and lots of time to figure it out.

Guess the cats out of the bag,yeah Newnugs is a good buddy of mine. We have been exchanging seeds (crown royale,dark angel and green crack) and advice. I will definitely take that cool hood although I THINK I'm gonna try the 400s and gauge the difference to newnugs bud at first harvest and adjust from there if I don't like my results in contrast. Also Emilya and anyone else who may be curious about my "buddies" crown Royales can check out newnugs journal to see the contrast. His are MUCH bigger than mine. We've both had different problems in the beginning. Although we a share some obstacles like cold dry Canadian winter air, Our setups are very different and we are both just now getting a firm handle on our environments.

As far as my space goes I'm in about a 4.5X2 foot closet lots of headspace. There's pictures on page 1 of my setup.

Alright check this shit out though... Last night I beat one of my girls down a little bit;
image35853.jpg

THIS IS HER THIS MORNING!
image35854.jpg

It's CRAZY how fast they can bounce back!
She was nice and easy to bend, I just tied her down to the side of the pot with some gardening twist ties.

Thanks for reading friends!

-Captain Howdy

HEY 420 FRIENDS!
My little ladies are doing well, I have been tying them down with garden wire to keep them as low as possible. The two Green Crack seeds both sprouted and my baby Dark Angels are looking great!

I ended up picking up a 1000w HPS. I now have one 400W MH, two 400W HPS, and this new 1000W HPS. So lots of options!
I'm going to be building a seven foot tall 4.5x3 foot wardrobe style flowering box over the next month or so. Newnugs is hooking me up with a cool hood which should help control the 1000s heat. I figure I will include the construction of my grow box on this journal so stay tuned for updates on my grow box project.

Thanks for reading!

-Captain Howdy

Hey 420 friends!

I HAVE INCREDIBLE NEWS!
So I have been planning this grow box for a while now. I knew I wanted at least a four by three by six foot space for my 1000W light,cool hood, carbon scrubber and venting to fit efficiently. I have seen several wardrobes being converted into effective grow boxes. I am on a budget and admittedly not very experienced in woodworking so this seemed like a good option for me as well. So I have been watching kijiji for a cheap wardrobe that would fit my vision, there were lots on there from $60-$300. Today I took a peek at the FREE section of my local kijiji page and I found an add for two 4X2X6 solid wood cabinets... This is the add pic.

image35884.jpg

Fugging perfect!
So newnugs (PLUS-REPS THIS GUY) and I drove an hour and yanked these beauties out of a tight basement and lugged them into my grow room. I took the back panels off of each unit and put them back to back together.

image35885.jpg

Now I have a gorgeous 4X4X6 cabinet to work with! FOR FUGGING FREE! So I will string my cool hood up put a carbon filter on the intake and a heavy duty adjustable speed 8" centrifugal fan on the other side of the venting on top of the box. I hung my cool hood just to see what my light print will look like.

image35886.jpg

image35888.jpg

I still have a lot of work to do over the next two months. I plan to staple up some panda paper inside to make it white, need to cut the 8" hole in the top for the centrifugal fan and ducting and a 16" diameter hole for intake, secure the two units together and light seal, Build or buy a carbon filter for the intake of the light hood And then comes the environment tweaking.

Anyway this box is better and cheaper than I could have ever imagined. This is where I will be flowering my precious plants!

What do you guys think??

-Captain Howdy

Hey 420 Friends!

Just a quick photo update for everyone...

The nursery is running along nicely. From left to right; four Dark Angels (Fem), one silver haze (bag seed) and two Green Crack fem about a week behind the others. They're all sitting under three four-foot t5ho sunblasters...

image35893.jpg

And here are my Crown Royales...

image35892.jpg

image35891.jpg

These girls are being tied down to keep them even and short.

Everything is running relatively smoothly. I sanitized the shit out of the cabinets I acquired and am going to begin the white out and light sealing on it very soon.

Stay tuned friends!

-Captain Howdy

Awesome looking grow! I have 4 white cookies fem from crop king at 3 weeks into veg, curious to see how the crown royal turns out...I was tempted to order those but went for the white cookies instead. I'll post some pics of my grow soon

HEY EVERYBODY!
Thanks for the positive vibes!

they look really good, how far along are they now?
Thanks westcoastdwar!
These girls are about six weeks. (Broke soil Dec 5th) They should be a lot bigger but are nice and healthy now. I'm not overly upset about the waisted time because I would like the Dark Angels to catch up so that I can flower some of them together I stunted them in the beginning with overwatering and heat/humidity issues. They're thriving now but definitely slowed to a crawl for a while...

-Captain Howdy

HEY EVERYBODY!
Thanks for the positive vibes!

Thanks westcoastdwar!
These girls are about six weeks. (Broke soil Dec 5th) They should be a lot bigger but are nice and healthy now. I'm not overly upset about the waisted time because I would like the Dark Angels to catch up so that I can flower some of them together I stunted them in the beginning with overwatering and heat/humidity issues. They're thriving now but definitely slowed to a crawl for a while...

-Captain Howdy

I hear yeah there cpt . I did a bit of over watering my self and have a few stragglers abit slower and smaller then the rest, but I'm patient so I will wait for them to catch up :)

Back
Top Bottom