Captain Howdy's - Crown Royal - Closet - Soil - Grow

Hey 420 Friends!

Just a quick update on my veg room...

I re-potted everything except the green cracks. The babies (4 Dark Angels and 1 Silver Haze) have been moved out of the nursery and into 2 gallon pots. The Crown Royales went into 5 gallon pots. Everything had really nice solid root structures and took to their new pots well. My green cracks are tucked off to the side of my closet behind the fans under a two foot t5ho sunblaster. I fixed my other three four foot t5ho sunblasters to the back wall for extra side lighting.

image35921.jpg

image35920.jpg

My flowering cabinet is coming along. I have my cool hood hooked up to my centrifugal fan and have a nice large can-fan carbon filter to go in as well. Just need to white it out and make a few minor adjustments. It's pretty much good to go. Stay tuned for updates on that.

Thanks for reading!

-Captain Howdy

Alrighty folks. Change of plans...

My flowering room is ready and my veg room is fuggin full. I have a few questions for the vets helping me out here. ..

First Question: I am doing 18/6 now from 7am to 1am and plan to flower from 10pm to 10am to keep heat manageable. How do I go about transitioning my 18/6 (7-1)girls to 12/12 (10-10) which will be running through it's regular dark cycle? Also should I give them. Dark period? Keep in mind they're female seeds covered in female preflowers so sex determination is not necessary.

Second question: I am going to be introducing flowering nutes to the water cycle. I use GH FLORANOVA GROW now and am going to be using GH FLORANOVA BLOOM for flowering. I'm just wondering if here is anything special I should do or amount of time I should continue with veg nutes during the change etc. should I flush veg nutes out good or what? Any tips on flipping to 12/12 would be appreciated.

Hey capt according to my feeding schedule from GH on FloraNova, there is a transition period where u cut in half what u were feeding for veg, in this case 4ml per gallon, and then add the same amount of bloom to it. I am also using floraNova and I will be doing the same thing shortly, so 2ml of grow and 2ml of bloom according to the chart if u are feeding them cloe to what the chart recommends. But I am a novice at this so maybe some of the experts can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks WestCoastDwar! That's some good info!

I could really use an answer to this one:

I am doing 18/6 now from 7am to 1am and plan to flower from 10pm to 10am to keep heat manageable. How do I go about transitioning my 18/6 (7-1)girls to 12/12 (10-10) which will be running through it's regular dark cycle? Also should I give them. Dark period? Keep in mind they're female seeds covered in female preflowers so sex determination is not necessary.

My veg cabinet is PACKED. I need to get these Crown Royales out of there. Should I take them out into the dark tonight at 10 PM and let them have 24h dark or should I put them in the dark flower cabinet at 1am (their usual bedtime) and let them sit in the dark from 1am - 10pm or should I let their light cycle resume and pull them at 4 pm tomorrow and give them the six hours dark period until 10pm?

To recap; I'm trying to achieve an easy transition from 7am-1am to 10am-10pm. I need as little overlap runtime between the veg and flower cab as possible to keep heat manageable in my garden room.

Thank you in advance!

-Cpt. Howdy

To recap; I'm trying to achieve an easy transition from 7am-1am to 10am-10pm. I need as little overlap runtime between the veg and flower cab as possible to keep heat manageable in my garden room.

since your plants are still in veg, if you dont want to do a long dark period (which isnt necessary anyways) you can leave the lights on a few extra hours to extend their light cycle and move them to the flower cab for their first 12 hour night.

until you give them 12 hours of darkness, longer light periods wont hurt your plants.
Afterwards, longer dark periods can be used to adjust the timing.

you can leave the lights on a few extra hours to extend their light cycle[/QUOTE

Thanks kingsnake235! Nine hours extra light is fine? As in; have let them run 7am-10pm under the MH and then put them in the flowering cab under my 1000W HPS 10pm -10am and continue with my planned dark period of 10am-10pm?

Thanks kingsnake235! Nine hours extra light is fine? As in; have let them run 7am-10pm under the MH and then put them in the flowering cab under my 1000W HPS 10pm -10am and continue with my planned dark period of 10am-10pm?

i think i may have misunderstood your earlier post;
9 hours of extra light wont hurt before you flip to 12/12 but if you're going into flower anyways, more dark might be better for you if you can extend your dark past 12 hours for the first night.

i adjusted my veg cycle with many extra hours of light with no problem, its only after 12/12 starts that you have to watch how much light they get.

Lol I'm super baked and trying to grip this... but I think you are now misunderstanding. My flowering cabinet is not on at all. I'm just turning it on for the first time (outside of a dry test run for temperatures sakes) there's nothing in the flowering cab now. It is off.

I'm pulling 3 out of 10 of my plants into the flowering box and keeping seven in the veg cab running 7am-1am. I want the two cabinets to be running at the same time as little as possible hence the 10-10 flowering schedule 3 hours overlap in the evening and 3 in the morning.

Lol I'm super baked and trying to grip this...

baahahha, that makes two of us.

i have the exact opposite schedule, with lights on from 10am-10pm

yes

Ok so let them go until 1 am as usual and then chuck them into the dark flowering cab until 10pm tomorrow giving them 7 hours extra dark (15 hours dark total) That's your advice Kingsnake?
Now that I wrote that down I think it makes the most sense. Thank you kindly kingsnake. I believe we've solved this conundrum.

-Captain Howdy

Ok so let them go until 1 am as usual and then chuck them into the dark flowering cab until 10pm tomorrow giving them 7 hours extra dark (15 hours dark total) That's your advice Kingsnake?
Now that I wrote that down I think it makes the most sense. Thank you kindly kingsnake. I believe we've solved this conundrum.

-Captain Howdy

yeah, this

nice avatar, by the way. this is what happens when 2 stoned canadians get together everyone - math!
:bravo:

Boom! So there we have it folks! I'll put them into the light sealed cab after lights out tonight and tomorrow at 10pm after 15 hours of dark these girls will be under 1000 W HPS! Stay tuned friends!

Thanks again Kingsnake! You really helped me out there. Someone please +reps Kingsnake235

-Captain Howdy

Back
Top Bottom