Captain Howdy's - Crown Royal - Closet - Soil - Grow

HEY 420 FRIENDS!

So.... This is my veg cabinet...
Two green cracks, the CBD bagseed, and four Dark Angels. .

image36006.jpg

So obviously this is happening with the Crown Royales...

image36010.jpg

image36009.jpg

Everything seems to be running smoothly. I'll be adding the flowering nutrients next watering. I also picked up some Carboload...

image36008.jpg

So yeah that's what's up in my garden. Thanks for stopping by.

-Captain Howdy

HEY 420 FRIENDS!

I'm going to try to post a pic of the Crown Royales in the flowering cabinet every day until finish. So here is day two...

image36038.jpg

After 21 hours dark (yeah kingsnake... My math was still somehow wrong after all of our checking! LOL) The Crown Royales spent twelve hours under the 1000W HPS. They looked a little stressed after the first night. The leaves on some of my newer growth (tops) have cupped up and twisted a little (very little) here's a pic of the worst top... Heat stress (from a hot spot possibly)? Light stress? Stress from the darkness period? I have no idea but it doesn't look too serious. I'll be keeping a closer eye on them tonight... Look at the leaf directly in the middle of the picture...

image36039.jpg

What does it look like to you folks?

-Captain Howdy

yeah kingsnake... My math was still somehow wrong after all of our checking! LOL

lol, oh no. haha its ok 21 hours is still fine, plenty of people do a longer flip.. is it just those leaves affected?

i noticed some of the leaves close to my fan twisted a bit and had to move them around… can't say for sure tho; how was the environment in there while the lights were off?

lol, oh no. haha its ok 21 hours is still fine, plenty of people do a longer flip.. is it just those leaves affected?

i noticed some of the leaves close to my fan twisted a bit and had to move them around... can't say for sure tho; how was the environment in there while the lights were off?

Hey KingSnake! Thanks for the reply!

It is happening to just a few of the newer leaves. It's really minor in my opinion but definitely something to watch.

Temps are good (mid-high twenties lights on and it dropped to a low of 19C durning lights off. Humidity is between 25 and 35 % in there. I must say.... It IS a bit windy in the flower box. I bet that's it... I'm gonna turn my fan down a bit and see if that makes a difference...

Off to bed friends!

-Captain Howdy ;)

yeah i bet thats all it is; environment is fine, i was thinking maybe if it got cold or humid, but if you notice the breeze is strong, and it only a small effected area, id just move things around a bit.

:thumb:

WHERE DID EVERYBODY GO? Let's get some comments happening on this journal!
Day three 12/12 Crown Royales...

image36043.jpg

Everything is looking pretty good. The leaves that had flipped and cupped are going back to normal after I adjusted my fans around a bit. They got water today with half GROW and half BLOOM as well as carboload, nutriboost and grozyme. Thanks for reading!

-Captain Howdy ;)

These girls aren't looking so good... They usually droop a little bit before and during lights out but they are really DROOPING pretty harshly. I did water yesterday and they were quite dry but maybe I watered too soon? These fickle bitches have always liked to dry right out.. There are a shit ton of new elements that could in theory be stressing them out (the 1000w light, the transition to 12/12 in general, the humidity in there.) I'm not too sure. I suppose when the lights go back on tonight if they don't perk up I'm going to freak out so I might as well ask now...

What do you guys think is going on here? Why the super droop?

Temps seem fine and humidity in the flower cabinet is 25-35% and I may be just over analyzing worried about nothing. They could just be holding some extra water or whatnot but this seems worse than usual.

image36044.jpg

Sorry about the lighting but it's one of those green lights for working in dark periods.

Thanks in advance...

-Captain Howdy

What do you guys think is going on here? Why the super droop?

It is night time. It is what they do... the top shuts down and rests and the roots go crazy. Go in there about 20 minutes before their dawn and watch them all raise up to meet the light... anticipating it. If you catch it at the right time, and make yourself slow enough, you can see them move, it is so dramatic.

mine droop a bit for a while right after watering, but i think most plants go dormant in the dark like this; maybe you're just noticing it for the first time? could be a combination of both too maybe.

i don't have green lights, so I've never seen my plants in the dark to compare to, sorry.

Hi Emilya!!! Hi kingsnake!!! Thanks for the quick reassuring answers!

I've seen them droop at night and just before lights out. I've seen them droop after a water. I think what I'm seeing IS in fact a combination of both. Here's hoping... I'll throw a picture up tonight at lights up.

Those green lights are dope mine are made by sunblaster for those of is who go lights on at night and can't get enough of their plants. I recommend getting one. A bulb costs me $8 at my hydro shop.

-Captain Howdy ;)

HELLO 420 FRIENDS!

Ok... As you can see above; I was a little worried about the "SUPER DROOP". Here is a picture of day 3.5...

image36044.jpg

Here is day 4...

image36047.jpg

WHAT WAS I WORRIED ABOUT!?

I did go and sit in there for half an hour or so before lights up and watched them rise. It was incredible to see and yes Emilya very "dramatic". Everything seems to be looking great!

On another positive note; The Crown Royale clones I cut ten days ago have nice big roots formed and are almost ready for HID. I have three clones of each plant but I plan on keeping two of each.

Thanks for reading!

-Captain Howdy ;)

Now that you have seen this, puzzle on this for a sec:

Since they started rising up to meet the dawn, before the dawn actually occurred... they anticipated it.

If they can anticipate an event, they must be sentient and aware of their surroundings. If they are sentient, then they also knew that you were there, and probably know that you are their keeper. And because you are part of their world, they do try to communicate with you, if only you can slow down enough to hear what they say.

I try to spend time in my tent doing this. I have a small square cooler sitting in there that I use as a seat, and I meditate there regularly, trying to slow down enough that I can sometimes see the plants move. I breathe deeply and talk to the girls, giving them my thoughts and my carbon dioxide. In return, I am sure the plants give to me too, and have noticed strong perfume pumps which I am sure are full of oxygen. I am convinced that plants grow better and grow happier, when they can get to know the person growing them. It sounds like you enjoy doing this in the green light, and I invite you to try the same experience during full light, to see if you notice a difference in the way the plants react to you being in the room.

Now that you have seen this, puzzle on this for a sec:

Since they started rising up to meet the dawn, before the dawn actually occurred... they anticipated it.

If they can anticipate an event, they must be sentient and aware of their surroundings. If they are sentient, then they also knew that you were there, and probably know that you are their keeper. And because you are part of their world, they do try to communicate with you, if only you can slow down enough to hear what they say.

I try to spend time in my tent doing this. I have a small square cooler sitting in there that I use as a seat, and I meditate there regularly, trying to slow down enough that I can sometimes see the plants move. I breathe deeply and talk to the girls, giving them my thoughts and my carbon dioxide. In return, I am sure the plants give to me too, and have noticed strong perfume pumps which I am sure are full of oxygen. I am convinced that plants grow better and grow happier, when they can get to know the person growing them. It sounds like you enjoy doing this in the green light, and I invite you to try the same experience during full light, to see if you notice a difference in the way the plants react to you being in the room.

I love spending time with my plants, I definitely talk to them a lot. It's amazing how if you spend enough time around your plants they absolutely can "tell" you what they need. I am a firm believer that you get what you give. Give them the best you can and expect the plant to give back the best it can with oxygen and eventually fruit or flowers.

I believe that any grower that shows as much love, time, respect and dedication to their plants as Emilya for example; will have a better control and therefor a better outcome as opposed to someone who just emotionlessly goes through the typical textbook motions.

As far as them being sentient... It is definitely an interesting theory and it is a warming thought that the plants I love and care for know me and love me back. Thought provoking to say the least. People believe in a lot crazier things than this. I enjoy the idea of it.

Your advice and input is always welcome and much appreciated here Emilya.

-Captain Howdy ;)

I believe that any grower that shows as much love, time, respect and dedication to their plants as Emilya for example; will have a better control and therefor a better outcome as opposed to someone who just emotionlessly goes through the typical textbook motions.

i try to let my plants tell me what leaves to take off, cause I'm kind of unsure.

but this all goes down along the lines of playing music to them as well; i thought it would be cool to rig up some speakers and play rainforest sounds for night and day, with a rain track when you water :p . maybe one day haha

i try to let my plants tell me what leaves to take off, cause I'm kind of unsure.

but this all goes down along the lines of playing music to them as well; i thought it would be cool to rig up some speakers and play rainforest sounds for night and day, with a rain track when you water :p . maybe one day haha

I love the idea of a rain track for watering! The sounds of nature would certainly be nice even just for us growers. Especially if you're meditating in your tent Emilya. ;) The fiancé plays rain sounds in the bedroom when we go to sleep. It is extremely relaxing and a fantastic natural white noise. I wouldn't mind having a rainforest track rigged up in the grow room. I used to play ganja anthems 1&2 (awesome old school stoner reggae) to the Crown Royales every day at lights up... I got overwhelmed with everything else and admittedly lazily stopped. I'm going to bust out the tunes tomorrow morning and will be adding some nature tracks to the ganja anthems playlist so they get some tunes and some rain and macaws and shit lol. Again this is more for me. I'll throw a pic of the girls up tonight when their lights kick on.

Stay high my friends.

-Captain Howdy

haha yes, macaws are a must. throw on a cicada track for night time, and get some bats in there too haha

planet earth style.

Back
Top Bottom