Catman's Autoflowering LED Closet Grow - White Widow & Pineapple Express

Re: Catman's Autoflowering LED Closet Grow - White Widow and Pineapple Express

Hey Seraphim thanks for stopping by. I did a good flush early this morning and then the yellowing took off. I fed the nutrients later in the afternoon/evening. Grace is the one of the two plants that dries out really well, so yes - she was bone dry when I flushed this morning.

I thought it was too late after Tuesday's feeding to be showing a nutrient reaction today (?) I figured it signaled a nitro deficiency that she turned much more yellow after the flushing...(?)

It just seems so extensive that I don't have too much hope right now, but I'm not too upset. I knew that I had grow limitations when I started out (access to resources being the biggest one right now)

:peace:

Need to get a look at her. Please put up some pictures of her when you have time so we can all have a look. I know likely not tonight (i am tired too and crashing soon) but soon.

Thanks for the motivation Seraphim. I drug Grace into the bathroom for light. I have to say her leaves look like a better "pea green" color than the yellow of last night.

If I had the ability to better care for my grow this past week I would have kept the closet warmer and would have taken pictures sooner. Asked for help before things got too bad.

Seems like even if it's only 2 plants, growing pot is a lot of work, at least for me right now. I have a lot more energy and a lot less pain when I smoke/vape. But, I don't medicate very much during the work week...this is turning into an excuse for why I didn't better tend to Grace.

On with the sad photos - she does look better than when I went to bed:

G_1_8.jpg

G_2_9.jpg

G_7_1.jpg

G_5_2.jpg

G_4_2.jpg

G_6_1.jpg

I'm going back to bed for a while. It's 26 degrees here and I'm pretty sore.

Damn dude. I'm hoping someone can give you some good advice. I would think a calcium issue would be uniform yellowing, but listen to others bc I am completely shooting in the dark on this. I also think it is too soon for "natural" yellowing of leaves for bud production. Man, I really hope is nothing major!

Good morning, hope got some rest and you're feeling better today.

I know sometimes it seems like it is a lot of work. It can feel that way when things go wrong and you don't know what you may have done wrong much less how to fix it. Don't go down that road. Its OK and we can fix this. There are a lot of great growers here and someone will have seen this before and will help. This is part of the reason we are all here. So, here are my 2 cents.

OK the first picture with the bright yellow leaf, that is natural nitrogen depletion. Those are OK to see here and there as things move along towards harvest. They will increase as the hour of harvest gets closer.

However, I am not sure the rest of what is there in the other pictures is caused by nitrogen deficiency. You have a very general discoloration of all your foliage there which seems to be moving along at the same rate in general on a lot leaves and I don't think that is nitrogen deficiency as nitrogen is a mobile nutrient (meaning that the plant can move it around as needed). A nitrogen def. usually begins in the lower leaves and works its way up one or a few leaves at a time and while its happening the bud areas and the leaves nearer to the buds remain lush green as their supply of nitrogen has not yet been reached.

Anyway, be that as it may. Another question, how are you PH'ing? Do you use a pen or the little drops to figure out Ph of the water you give her? (Sorry if you mentioned, just verifying) You mentioned its getting cold in there, how cold? Whats the lowest temp there? This may also be an issue if its getting too cold.

How is the other one doing? Any sings of tress?

Ada seems to be doing OK.

Sorry to say I don't test PH. There are too many things to buy and track. My goal was to see if I could do a "simple" closet grow within my limitations, and maybe I cannot? When I retire, I will have more space (hurray) but even further away from grow shops and have lest money. So, my excuses for letting the Ph angle fall by the way side.

Because of you Colesdad I had my roommate pick up some Epsom salts while he was "game day party" shopping in case it's what I need to use...but the leaves don't have the "splotchy" look of a magnesium or calcium deficiency.

Who knows - Grace has been one fast growing auto - maybe she is about done. If so, the buds will be small-ish. That's OK.

Honestly, anything is OK at this point. It is my second grow, and I've never seen a flowering cannabis plant before...so...many goals accomplished I'd say!

But, I would like a consistent supply of weed. It is a Very Good Medicine.

OK lets not lose hope yet. At least now we know what the problem most likely is. Your PH. Nutes are there, but likely not in the ph range where the plant can pic them up.

You need a win Catman, a win will light you up and re-charge you. This is not rocket science but we all make mistakes that can bring us down, i've been there and wanted to quit all together and I am glad I didn't.

Growing any method (other than High Brix) absolutely requires PH measuring and adjusting. I make this ph adjusting into a relaxing routine in the morning and it makes it easier. I play music while i PH my water and feed them some times. A simple PH test kit cost but a few dollars and will pay for itself many times over.

Also, having the epsom salts around is handy even if you don't need it now. Good to have on hand because it works fast when you do need it.

Another thing Catman. I dont know where you live, but have you considered moving to a more cannabis friendly place like maybe Colorado or now Oregon and Wash State (or DC but I wouldn't go there) ??

You know, as I mentioned before, I have been reading Doc Bud's High Brix stuff. He does not have to PH water as the soil automatically does so when you do high brix growing. Something to consider down the road when you get a few harvests under your belt. And he is extremely helpful when one has questions.

Also, never got that cold temp reading within the grow area.

Wish I could be more helpful Catman. I know you will make something out of her regardless as you actually got something out of your first grow and that was a male to boot.

Hey brother, so it's deficiencies. I'm sorry for not remembering... But how far along into flower are you? Fan leaves ALWAYS DIE OFF throughout flower, especially the lower ones. The upper fan leaves suck all of the life out of them and use it where it's needed. If in week 3 or 4 UP your nutrients if you want to save those... If not pull them off. You're not in veg anymore, so the fan leaves aren't really doing much except stem and stalk support. If you want, get some hemp strings and tie it around the branches, like weave it in there so it can't slip out. Then pull even some of the top most fan leaves off. But you need that string for support...

Less mouths to feed the less deficiencies will show. And the nutrients that you are using will help the plant out a hell of a lot more.

Just my input maaaan ;) Hope that helps

+1 Seraphim

Now, mate. If I was standing beside you, there would be an arm round your shoulder, and if you're not careful a clip on the upside of the head! :)

All is not lost.

Ok PH'ing. I bought a hideously expensive PH kit from the local small town pet shop....so much mark-up @$12.95

But, the results speak for themselves. I've been noting the growth and the stalling stages. Stalling...basically whenever I watered (not PH'd) growth...36-24H before needing watering again...some 24-36 hours after the watering....or longer..

So, with you in the US..it probably costs $5 for a kit say....

GET ON WITH THE INVESTMENT IF YOU WANT YOUR MEDS FOR NIX

Temps:

The results in my cab speak for themselves....the +80's you see in the lower cab, have mostly been due to atmospheric conditions, not my ability to control it...and any plant in the lower cab stalls. Anything put in the upper cab which is now allways +80F is growing a 1/2" every 24hours now....

I know where these plants should be, or usually are. This isn't my usual soil, nor nutrients, but I know roughly what I'm doing.

Nutrient issues from temps...lockout...incomplete uptake...excess in one mineral causing other elements to not be taken up...and all those put together.

My suggestion.
Temps and PH.

Work on the temps...I'm still doing that...and PH your sh*t if you want to get them back.

For now, the temps and a flush with PH'd water needs to happen at the same time...the cab has to be at temp 80-85F (Sphnx :) !)
when you flush so that the soil is up to temp, the water is up to temp, and the temp no longer plays a part in nutrient availability.

The PH again has to be about right or other wise they just wont take it up...and a reduction in uptake in one element usually results in excess of another or effects the uptake of others.

You are only what, weeks away from finishing mate....Don't fluff it up now...we're all here rooting for ya :cheer:

On the other side:

I hear ya...Sphnx says just PH it...ok, in my shed with my hands, that's not a f'n easy thing, sound's easy, even to me, but in practice 2 hours to PH some 8 samples of nutrient mix the other day and water. Then another 1/2h to clean up the mess.

The whole time I'm dropping shit, oh too much ph'ing solution, tip it out, start again...

By the time I've moved all the pots...seven (laughs at himself) back into the cab, down on one knee, the dicky ankle screams, the lower back says time to stand up, then I'm up and away stretching and whinging...cabinet door open, temps go down, MJ plants and stuff everywhere...rising tension...push on and get it all cleaned up!

Ya know what, if in the end, I work it out, the process becomes automatic, and guess what, I can have my meds WITHOUT paying an arm and a leg for them (...nobody would by em anyway :) ) and know that usually I can get just a few extra dollars here and there when there's excess....

...Just saying

:)

...oh and to make you feel guilty....

Writing all that out hurt like hell....

So you better listen up :)

Where's Sphnx to back me up...can't even hold my arms up to defend myself....where's the big fella

...feeling guilty....?

Hugs mate, we're all with ya, don't give up! :)

Catman, of you want to give up , I'll drive by and pick up the plant. I'll even be kind enough to give you a smoke report :laughtwo::laughtwo:

Thanks so much everybody :thanks:

Nothing has changed. So, I can only wait and see. My options at this point are 2 kinds of water, and some combination of nutrients.

Grace had been flushed with RO water very early yesterday morning when I noticed the lower fan leaves were yellow. Later in the evening a good percentage of the rest of her foliage was rapidly yellowing which looked like nitro deficiency, so I fed 1TSP tiger bloom 1/2 TSP grow big in gallon of RO. The closet had been at 77 to 81 range since lights on at 5:00 pm last night.

If I'd need to PH up I could flush with tap water which here is PHd at about 7 (tested it before Hazel with aquarium strips which I don't have anymore so have no idea about PH).

Sphnx: Grace is 7 weeks old today! She has always been just happy to grow up to this point! (The way your plants always look LOL Happy growing Ladies you have over at your place!) I'm going to keep watching to see what Grace wants from me next, thanks for your support man!

Seraphim: I'd move out there in one second if I could. And, I just may some day. I do know my son and I want to get some land and what have you, but here where I live it's a hellova lot cheaper. Believe me, Washington and Oregon being legal states have driven up property values some LOL!

Thanks for helping me out today :peace:

Tassie: You said it all! I had a foreman ask me straight out "Do you want the job or not?" Meaning do what you need to do if you want the job done. I always wonder how outdoor growers manage...

Colesdad: HA! :rofl: Just give me one more day...

:Namaste:

Just caught up and will watch till the end now

Drama, what drama, I missed something already?

this is when all the fun starts and all those good smells.

Flushing

I found, after way too long of a search, the aquarium ph strips. Which are not for aquariums apparently I ordered them from amazon?

PH coming out of the flush started out in the 4 range and has crept up in the 5 range. The RO water is in the 5 range and my tap is btw 7 and 8.

I'm flushing w/tap in the tub until it comes up, then I'll add some Epsom salts. The salt raises the RO water some. I may mix the waters and salts to gain a final balanced watering.

That's all I came up with!

Thanks for the ph kick in the ass you all.

:cheer:

Good, good! Get that PH under control. You've got this!

Dude... flushing your plants can cause other problems. All fan leaves die in the end. Don't want to dilute those nutrients you have in the soil for literally nothing. You don't need to fix a problem because what's happening is natural.

One flush won't hurt, but believe me, fan leaves die. It's only natural. One or two dead leaves isn't as bad as a nutrient deficient full plant you know?

The pH you have going is proper. Those buds loooooook healthy man. You were running the right course until you second guessed yourself ;)

Back
Top Bottom