Catman's Autoflowering LED Closet Grow - White Widow & Pineapple Express

Re: Catman's Autoflowering LED Closet Grow - White Widow and Pineapple Express

Hey Catman. Just wondering if you had used the 3 gal. buckets before, and if you found them to be large enough? Any sign of root bind? The reason I ask is, the only decent buckets I could find are 10 litre (about 2-1/2 US gals.). The next size up are the regular 20 litre (5 gal.), and they are just too tall. I suppose I could cut them down, but that doesn't really seem to make sense.

I am using 3 gal "flower pots" from our local gardening store. They may not be the very best choice, but I started this grow towards the end of the summer when all the retail stores were getting ready for christmas. So, my choices were limited. They were also cheap.

This is only my second grow - first auto grow. The main thing I was told about auto grows is to start them in the pot they'll end up in, as auto's do not like to be transplanted, and 3 gal was the recommended size. So there you have it.

They may be root bound, I don't know! And, these pots are tall - they take up height and I have limited height for sure. There are some creative ideas out there on 420 - you may see some you like! Here is a link to an informal 420 contest where they are all growing their entire plant in a Solo drinking cup (or that size of container) - Just shows how creative you can be in a grow.

Solo Grow Challenge 2014

Some people use storage tubs, but they are probably just as tall as a 5 gal bucket...?

Let me know what you come up with!

:peace:

So, I am back to training Grace away from the light...

I am concerned that Ada still does not have preflowers where she is trying hard to make buds, only the nodes show some pistils. She is only just approaching week 5, maybe just a slower growing auto strain, maybe she will NEVER flower. Maybe she is stunted from earlier over watering? Maybe she is stressed from when I snipped off her biggest fan leaves? - LOL can you tell it's Monday?

Ada does have a very large stench so that's good.

Anyone heard from Obi?

:scratchinghead:

It's my long day at work tomorrow - on for the next 3 days.

Mini update:

Ada wanted more water, which is a change. She still looks like she is "trying" to flower, but no pistils yet? Wednesday marks the start of week 5 I think... September 24th she nudged through the soil

A_2_1.jpg

IDK what to think...

Grace is still Grace. I've dropped the ball at stocking up on RO water so I have tap sitting out for Grace in case it's her turn tomorrow

G_1_7.jpg

G_2_8.jpg

Feel free to weigh in on Ada...Happy Growing

I think Ada is starting to flower. Give her time. Looking great all around!

Automatics are not affected by the duration of the light/dark period by nature. So, I do not believe that would have any effect on it. However, she does look like she's doing that thing they do just as growth goes from veg to flower. So, I would say stay the course and see what she does.

Automatics are not affected by the duration of the light/dark period by nature. So, I do not believe that would have any effect on it. However, she does look like she's doing that thing they do just as growth goes from veg to flower. So, I would say stay the course and see what she does.

Thanks Seraphim

Beautiful images and your ladies are too!!!

They don't need longer dark periods but if you want a bigger yield from it shorten the light cycle more. Some auto's take longer to actually flower but have a short flowering period. Don't stress brother, you're doing great

They don't need longer dark periods but if you want a bigger yield from it shorten the light cycle more. Some auto's take longer to actually flower but have a short flowering period. Don't stress brother, you're doing great

agreed

shorten the light cycle... even though they are auto's they respond to light

Thanks everybody for the light input, I really appreciate it. I switched to 18/6 two days ago. The off period is during the day 11 to 5. This is good to keep smell low and temps up at night.

Update:

I fed both Grace and Ada upon return home from work last night. They both had the same mix of 1 tsp Grow Big, 1/2 tsp Cal Mag, and 2 tsp molasses in 1 gal RO water. They've both grown and are now both at about 17" from the light.

Photos from this morning. The light is bad and the cell-phone photos are bad but hey - not too much has really changed actually!

Closet:

98_1_.jpg

98_3_.jpg

Ada 5 weeks last Wednesday - She still does not have Lady Hairs:

98_4_.jpg

98_5_.jpg

Grace is nice, at 6 wks tomorrow - about the same:

98_8_.jpg

98_11_.jpg

98_13_.jpg

98_14_.jpg

Catching up on 420 Journals has been great! I'm glad to see all of the good green grows out there :cheesygrinsmiley:

They look fantastic catman! You are in for a treat pretty soon when these ladies mature. Can't wait!

Thanks for the update Catman :)

Ladies are looking :yummy: and like Seraphim said there's a well deserved meds coming your way soon :)

Hope your having a good :smokin:

say hi to Zencat

:Namaste:

Nice update :thumb:

Your ladies are looking amazing catman going to be a nice yield I wouldnt worry ada is beggining to flower I can see it in the leaves colouring on that really nice above shot if you look you can see the lime green new looking growth :passitleft: and grace well she is very nice those flowers look gorgeous and the plant is amazing im going to have to make sure I stop by more often just give me a poke from time to time incase I fall asleep in the corner :rofl:

Look at those preflowers man! Those are going to be some big buds :)

Your ladies are looking amazing catman going to be a nice yield I wouldnt worry ada is beggining to flower I can see it in the leaves colouring on that really nice above shot if you look you can see the lime green new looking growth :passitleft: and grace well she is very nice those flowers look gorgeous and the plant is amazing im going to have to make sure I stop by more often just give me a poke from time to time incase I fall asleep in the corner :rofl:

:rofl:

Ada does have her Lady Hairs now...and stinks even more than she did before. Grace smells more fruity?

Look at those preflowers man! Those are going to be some big buds :)

Fingers crossed Sphnx - We'll see.....

Back
Top Bottom