Catman's Autoflowering LED Closet Grow - White Widow & Pineapple Express

Re: Catman's Autoflowering LED Closet Grow - White Widow and Pineapple Express

Thanks for the info/discussion on the loupe guys! I had never even thought of that and my vision is getting worse! Guess what I'm getting for Christmas today!
Seraphim, is there a size and/or brand of the 60x or better you'd recommend; i.e. one that is handier than the other ect? Thanks again!

As long as it is hand-held and 60X or better, it will work. I've only had one so I have no data to judge other models from. Although again, its a magnifying glass, as long as it magnifies you're good to go. :)

You can get by with less magnification if you're more experienced but for novice growers specially the higher magnification is key to have unequivocal trichome readings.

Here are the two I have:

This black one belongs to my roommate. It is a quality item. It is only 10x and you need to have a bright light shining on your leaves. I can see very well if I make a big effort and take the time. Got a couple good photos w/my cell pone last Journal.

L_1_.jpg

I bought this one from Amazon, specifically because it has it's own light. It advertised 30x but I know that is not true. It could be 10x

L_2_.jpg

Now, I realized while shopping for this white loupe that everyone is jumping on the legal weed retail ride. There is a lot of cheap grow gear for sale now and it is low quality.

I don't mind too much because the point behind this grow is: can I do it without using all my money.

The white loupe does what I want but it's a rip off. I'll see trichomes OK for now, but I won't get too great photos.

Decide what you can afford, and if you can afford a lot be careful of who you're buying from!

:peace:

Thanks for the info/discussion on the loupe guys! I had never even thought of that and my vision is getting worse! Guess what I'm getting for Christmas today!
Seraphim, is there a size and/or brand of the 60x or better you'd recommend; i.e. one that is handier than the other ect? Thanks again!

I have a cheap 60x and cheap 100 x loupe... Both do the job brilliantly... You dont have to spend loads on em to get good results... An invaluable bit of kit. Takes the guess work away... Plus its ace to see the developing trichs on ya girlies...

Best of luck and welcome to :420:

Thanks Catman! That is really useful info to have while shopping for my new tool. I'm guessing once in hand that I may not be seen for a couple of days as I revel the new magnified world I've deprived myself of for all of these years. Can't wait! Love this community! Cheers Catman

Loupe is on its merry way! Got a 60x w/ light for 3$ on amazon...they say is a slow shipper in the comments and it won't be here until Dec. LMAO! Oh well, I use it for my next gro. I may hit one of my geologist colleagues up at work and borrow theirs...nah on second thought scratch that lmao. I'll wait. I did realize tonight while taking some more photos on my Iphone that I can zoom WAY in on the computer and wow...did I just see a molecule lol!

Exciting times indeed Catman! Btw, what are Grace and Ana's genetics? Wasn't quite able to follow which is which since I think you had one not make it. Hope Ana is feeling better and can't wait to see how they have progressed. You should be tasting it by now! Cheers bro!

:blunt:

Loupe is on its merry way!

:slide:

Exciting times indeed Catman! Btw, what are Grace and Ana's genetics? Wasn't quite able to follow which is which since I think you had one not make it. Hope Ana is feeling better and can't wait to see how they have progressed. You should be tasting it by now! Cheers bro!

Ada is named for Ada Lovelace the inventor of the computer program. She is an Automatic White Widow from Dinafem. She is not the one having troubles (knock on wood) but she did suffer from over watering and cold early on. I think these troubles may have affected her production just because autos go so fast there's not a lot of catching up they can do...

Grace is named for Rear Admiral Grace Hopper PhD the inventor of the COBOL computer language and the compiler. (can you tell I was computer guy?) Grace is the bigger one that just went through nutrient lock out and was flushed. I do not know what type she is - She was a freebie automatic from the company Grass O Matic like I just said.

Today is my long day at work. Typically I have been feeding on Tuesday mornings, but the soil is not quite dry yet. From the looks of it maybe when I get home or tomorrow morning.

:Namaste:

I've found that with optics, it doesn't matter what you are buying, whether it's a loupe, a camera lens, a spotting scope, binoculars, whatever, buy quality and buy the best you can afford. When you get more money, buy better glass. You will never regret your decisions. I still have all the cheapo glass I've bought over the years, and I still find a use for it. Sometimes you don't want to use your good stuff in the ditch.

Thanks for the update Catman! and Happy Veterans' Day to all who have and continue to serve!

:Namaste: and :thanks:

Well said --too old and I agree. I think your recommendation also sums up one of the main common objectives we all strive for here - quality and the best we can do!

Catman, looking forward to updated photos of Ada! Likes on the names and associations. You wouldn't be a computer savy dude would ya? lol! Cheers all

Mr. Catman Grace is looking gorgeous. Going to be some Grade A smoke, a little jealous I can't try some of her goodness with you.

Much love my friend!

Good morning Catman and Miss Lady Zen Cat,

Grace and Ada are looking great...there's just reward around the bend for the stress :)

All looking sorted mate!

Glad Sphnx was here to help a few pages back, and glad you've turned it around :)

I've found that with optics, it doesn't matter what you are buying, whether it's a loupe, a camera lens, a spotting scope, binoculars, whatever, buy quality and buy the best you can afford. When you get more money, buy better glass. You will never regret your decisions. I still have all the cheapo glass I've bought over the years, and I still find a use for it. Sometimes you don't want to use your good stuff in the ditch.

I know just what you're saying too old - Agreed :peace:

Thanks for the update Catman! and Happy Veterans' Day to all who have and continue to serve!

:Namaste: and :thanks:

Well said --too old and I agree. I think your recommendation also sums up one of the main common objectives we all strive for here - quality and the best we can do!

Catman, looking forward to updated photos of Ada! Likes on the names and associations. You wouldn't be a computer savy dude would ya? lol! Cheers all

Quality and the best we can do - sums it up pretty much. Update in just a minute! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mr. Catman Grace is looking gorgeous. Going to be some Grade A smoke, a little jealous I can't try some of her goodness with you.

Much love my friend!

Love and respect Sphnx! :Namaste:

Good morning Catman and Miss Lady Zen Cat,

Grace and Ada are looking great...there's just reward around the bend for the stress :)

All looking sorted mate!

Glad Sphnx was here to help a few pages back, and glad you've turned it around :)

Deep appreciation for all of the support from 420 Tassie and glad to see you stop by today. Miss cat is running wild around the house with all her energy. Right now she is "cleaning the windows" LOL

More photos - Can't imagine why I upload so many when they are just terrible, terrible quality LOL

:peace:

Grace the Grass O Matic before feeding. She seems OK for right now:

G_1_9.jpg

G_7_3.jpg

G_5_4.jpg

G_2_10.jpg

G_18_2.jpg

G_13_2.jpg

Ada the White Widow before feeding. She seems to have a lot of space between her nodes. Cannot imagine how buds of any size would form - We'll see:

A_1_.jpg

A_7_.jpg

A_12_.jpg

A_10_.jpg

A_3_.jpg

Ladies nestled together in the closet:

C_3_3.jpg

I'm feeding with low doses of Fox Farm Tiger Bloom, Epsom Salts or CalMag, and Molasses. Closet temps go between 77 and 81 - The RH goes between 44 - 61 % I want to keep it at 50 - but we keep having just bizarre weather over here...

Dreadfully sick and came home early from work. COUGH. Smoke? I made a bong form a pop bottle and glass stem from Arizer Solo. Add cold water - I did a very nice job!

:cheesygrinsmiley:

You have some very nice looking plants there and some nice looking buds forming on all of them. Well Yippee aint that fun.:)

i kiss you in your dying breath.... swept away by heavy grief.... forever in my dreams... and you will be saved.... in my dearest dreams. my love, forever in my dearest dreams.

keep up the hard work

Back
Top Bottom