Cause She's A Brix House - Noob's OG Kush & Carnival In DBHBB

It won't let me give you any more reps Baby. :laughtwo:

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! :slide: :love: :slide:

Do you have any idea how hard that was to do as high as I am? Haha! Enjoying yours as much as I'm enjoying mine Noob? :battingeyelashes:

:hug::hug::hug:

I'm loving this Carnival. I have about 20 nugs the size of the one in my hand. But, I've been smoking on the smaller ones. It's just slightly harsh now. I'm starting to taste it better each day. The high gets better daily.

Looking great Noob! Hows she tasting anyway? Cant wait to see the complete number bro, im sure you're stoked :)

I'm very stoked Tard. I won't on know my final numbers until later this week. I'm well over 20 ounces though.
I'm a bit disappointed with the OG Kush I grew. It doesn't seem to have a smell, except a faint pickle diesel smell. Probably didn't dry it correctly. The Carnivals dried slower so that's my theory. The OGK has a body high, couch lock kind of thing going on. The Carnival hits you in the face and forces a smile on your face.

Cheers
:roorrip:

I'm loving this Carnival. I have about 20 nugs the size of the one in my hand. But, I've been smoking on the smaller ones. It's just slightly harsh now. I'm starting to taste it better each day. The high gets better daily.

I'm very stoked Tard. I won't on know my final numbers until later this week. I'm well over 20 ounces though.
I'm a bit disappointed with the OG Kush I grew. It doesn't seem to have a smell, except a faint pickle diesel smell. Probably didn't dry it correctly. The Carnivals dried slower so that's my theory. The OGK has a body high, couch lock kind of thing going on. The Carnival hits you in the face and forces a smile on your face.

Cheers

That's weird about the OGK bro. I haven't grown it but I thought it was one of the dankest strains! I grew a bubba kush before that was a ko in every sense! Smell, taste, high...even made me puke a few times lol. It was in 3rd round soil too tho. Im sure if you give it some more cure time it'll come together. Well, now you have a sleeper and some daytime stuff, I'd be fine with that

Is it just me or is 420s autocorrect a pain in the FN ass?

Cheers
Did you use the og drench? From what I've read ogs are significantly different in the kit without it.

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.

That's weird about the OGK bro. I haven't grown it but I thought it was one of the dankest strains! I grew a bubba kush before that was a ko in every sense! Smell, taste, high...even made me puke a few times lol. It was in 3rd round soil too tho. Im sure if you give it some more cure time it'll come together. Well, now you have a sleeper and some daytime stuff, I'd be fine with that

Is it just me or is 420s autocorrect a pain in the FN ass?

I'm hoping the cure brings it out too. Nismo and Canna grew the same strain and they had the same problems but after a 4 month cure, he says it knocks him on his ass.

My phone supercedes the website auto correct. So, not sure

Did you use the og drench? From what I've read ogs are significantly different in the kit without it.

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.

I didn't have the OG Drench when I was growing the OG Kush. I do now though. I would have thought duggan or Doc would have said something if I needed it though.

Cheers

I didn't have the OG Drench when I was growing the OG Kush. I do now though. I would have thought duggan or Doc would have said something if I needed it though.

Cheers

The OG drench isn't standard with the kit. It doesn't do nice things to "regular" plants, but it's the only way to get the OG flavor that comes from a high salt environment. It works best with bloodmeal and epsoms and 1 or 2 OG drenches. More than that and the stems get too weak.

Cheers

Thats why I didn't rely on anyone when I started with the kit but then again, we didn't have og drench back then

The OG drench isn't standard with the kit. It doesn't do nice things to "regular" plants, but it's the only way to get the OG flavor that comes from a high salt environment. It works best with bloodmeal and epsoms and 1 or 2 OG drenches. More than that and the stems get too weak.

When I grow the OG Kush again, I'll have to message you to get the mix right. Thanks Doc

Eh, live and learn. It's not like the OG Kush doesn't get me baked as fuck still. I'm just being a pot snob. Lol

:rofl:

Aaaaannnnd he has officially arrived. :laughtwo:

Love you Baby. :hug::hug::hug:

Noob.. hi there. Im new to 420, been lurking some and was looking over your journal. Wanted to give you a thumbs up on the harvest!!
I have been trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible on high brix gardening, and greatly appreciate the info you displayed in this grow journal... how would you compare the taste/ flavor to previous grows ( if you have any ) ? Do you plan on reusing the soil mix? I appreciate it fam. I hope to ask Doc for a kit myself, as i am very excited to try the high brix method out!

Thanks again and great work!

Noob.. hi there. Im new to 420, been lurking some and was looking over your journal. Wanted to give you a thumbs up on the harvest!!
I have been trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible on high brix gardening, and greatly appreciate the info you displayed in this grow journal... how would you compare the taste/ flavor to previous grows ( if you have any ) ? Do you plan on reusing the soil mix? I appreciate it fam. I hope to ask Doc for a kit myself, as i am very excited to try the high brix method out!

Thanks again and great work!

Thank you and welcome to the magazine. I didn't get to this point without a lot of research and a lot lot lot of help from the members here. This place is a godsend when it comes to growing this plant. My first grow in a long time was using nutes in bottles that were supposed to be a one size fits all approach to growing mj. Well... I got almost a half pound of ok weed out of that grow. I killed two plants.
Then I switched to the Kit by Doc Bud. I also enlisted the help of duggan to guide me so I didn't screw it up. You don't have to find someone to help you. You can go to one of docs pages, and ask any question you want. Within minutes you will be answered by either Doc or one of the many experienced high brix growers. Use the link in my signature to look at how it works. Then ask Doc to PM you so you can buy it. Best money you can spend.
We reuse our soil 3 times. We reammend it and let it cook just like the first batch.
The flavor and aroma and high are all superior to my previous grows, by far.

Cheers

Noob..... right on man! i appreciate the reply. Glad to be here to, thanks. the 420mag community seems very helpful and encouraging. Im not use to seeing camaraderie on gardening forums. usually its insults and egos, lol.. but anyways i feel you on the research, been doing my fair share and yet i still feel like i am just scratching the surface. and i did see duggan all over your journal providing help and feedback...awesome! i cant wait to start a journal of my own. ..Looking forward to continued dialog with the 420folks too. Did your OGK get any better with a cure? Do you think there were any other factors affecting your flavor? Dry time/ temps? Maybe just that pheno? thank you again for your time fam...:thanks:

The OGK... my friends Nismo and Canna grew the same strain and they were not impressed at first. But after a few months, Nis said it was a great night time smoke. It definitely helps you sleep. It locks your ass to the couch. As far as flavor and smell, I am afraid that I am the cause of that fiasco. I didn't have the right drying environment when I was drying the two OGK plants. The humidity was in the low 40s. So, they dried fast. But the inside was still very moist. Not knowing this, I put them in jars. Then, hay smell. The dreaded hay smell. I opened the jars and let them dry very good. The hay smell was gone. But now there was a pickle vibe going on. But just in the OGK 1 jars. The OGK 2 jars smell faintly like fruit. But after a few weeks the pickle smell went. Now there is some diesel coming through. It just takes time.
With the Carnivals the humidity has been a perfect 50-52%. Perfect for drying herb. The Carnival 1 in jars smells like fruit and diesel. Yummy. It also took 6 days to dry. Much better dry this time. Doing the same thing for my Carnival 2. My luck was the environment I live in started its rainy season so it's easier to control.
Bottom line, drying environment and patience is key in my opinion.

The OGK... my friends Nismo and Canna grew the same strain and they were not impressed at first. But after a few months, Nis said it was a great night time smoke. It definitely helps you sleep. It locks your ass to the couch. As far as flavor and smell, I am afraid that I am the cause of that fiasco. I didn't have the right drying environment when I was drying the two OGK plants. The humidity was in the low 40s. So, they dried fast. But the inside was still very moist. Not knowing this, I put them in jars. Then, hay smell. The dreaded hay smell. I opened the jars and let them dry very good. The hay smell was gone. But now there was a pickle vibe going on. But just in the OGK 1 jars. The OGK 2 jars smell faintly like fruit. But after a few weeks the pickle smell went. Now there is some diesel coming through. It just takes time.
With the Carnivals the humidity has been a perfect 50-52%. Perfect for drying herb. The Carnival 1 in jars smells like fruit and diesel. Yummy. It also took 6 days to dry. Much better dry this time. Doing the same thing for my Carnival 2. My luck was the environment I live in started its rainy season so it's easier to control.

Good stuff thank you for sharing...

My inexperience finds that if I dry too fast it will take longer for the flavor to be robust in the cure. A good slow 1 week cure and usually it has a decent cure in maybe even just a week..... several if I dry too fast... And an 8 month cure like a few buds i have are tasty tasty... or gross like my Sour Diesel... but that is just gross to me but in a good way... lol

:peace:

FE

Good stuff thank you for sharing...

My inexperience finds that if I dry too fast it will take longer for the flavor to be robust in the cure. A good slow 1 week cure and usually it has a decent cure in maybe even just a week..... several if I dry too fast... And an 8 month cure like a few buds i have are tasty tasty... or gross like my Sour Diesel... but that is just gross to me but in a good way... lol

:peace:

FE

Yeah. The low humidity kills it. I need to invest in a better humidifier for the dry months. It's just not worth it when you invest all that time and money and you screw it up in 4 days by drying it too fast. Another lesson learned.

Cheers FE

yea Noob...thanks for the response... the chop/dry/cure process to me is just as important as growing and flowering... am i crazy or do i dry to long? I swear my plants hang in a dark tent for like 2/3weeks minimum before the stems are able to snap.. i have a dehumidifier outside set at 60% thats the lowest it goes, and the tent temps are around 68-75, room temp... once i trim i put them in jars and let em sit still burping... if only i could stop "testing harvest" they might could actually get a real cure..

Back
Top Bottom