Celt’s 2020 Grows

Evening @InTheShed ,

Once ready, I will link here and give shout outs as well :thumb: And after Xmas, I want to get back to GA3 and seed production, at which time I will start a community thread for those of us experimenting, help keep record of what PPM works best with which strains :)
Hey Celt! You've got my interest really peaked for your new setup! Can you include me on the tag? Don't want to miss out on your next Journal!

Welcome @Rexer :)

I will mate :thumb: The setup should be ready to try plants in by the end of the month so the Dope-Seeds journal will begin about then. More work with GA3 reversals will start a few weeks later :)
Awesome! Appreciate it, I'm thinking of building a grow room in the spring (I'm technically allowed 20 plants now :yahoo: ) and your job with the reversals have left me wanting to try it at some point as I'll finally have some real space for experimenting around.

So what your planning on doing is where I want to be come spring, and summer!

:ciao: hi Celt :passitleft:

just got the very back end of your harvest pics to finally making my way back here. Such a beautiful haul of really gorgeous looking nugs!
really :bravo: on a fantastic outdoor season 2020.

Hope you had a fun and relaxed silly season, and with all those meds I’m guessing you did!

I’m looking forward to the next one :popcorn: :love:

Hey Celt. I’m gonna be a lazy ass and ask this question I should already know the answer to. Why did you not get any seeds from the Pineapple Chunk using GA? Just because it didn’t want to cooperate, or because of some other reason? I know you’ve told me before, and I skimmed around looking, but didn’t find it and I do not remember....

:lot-o-toke:

Evening mate,

I am beginning to believe some strains are more resistant (maybe more sensitive to GA3) to reverse. The same concentration that worked great on the Blue Dream failed miserably with the PC. It produced pollen (much later than the BD) but not a lot and it wasn't what I would call viable pollen. It only produced 9 seed if I remember and only one of the 3 I kept sprouted and wasn't very 'alive' and died on me by the 3rd week maybe.

After seeing a few failed trials with Candida, various concentrations, GA3 and collodial silver, some plants my be impossible to reverse, but I am not entirely convinced YET. Having researched more into plant hormones, GA3 is quite a powerful one responsible for all kinds of weird and wonder effects, stretching, lateral rooting, sex expression or preventing flowering all together, among other things. As it is so powerful, some strains may be so sensitive to it that they require a very narrow range to reverse them, like +/- 5 ppm or maybe narrower. Likely due to the successive inbreeding to stabilize them.

So now I suggest trying 3 concentrations to start, 120, 100 & 80 ppm.

I have also found more into on reversing plants (not cannabis specific) but they were using just silver nitrate solution.

Thanks Celt. I have tried colloidal silver a couple times and STS a couple times on the P Chunk, with the same results as you only worse because I didn’t get any seeds at all.

All right, well if I can find five available branches on one of my PCs in the near future, I will try one branch with CS, one with STS, and 3 branches with GA in three different concentrations. That poor plant. Thanks a lot for making me do all this extra work by the way... jk

Hiya Celt!

I just finished reading about your 2020 grow -
simply amazing plants! :welldone:

And I’m wondering, since we both grew large outdoor plants in hempy, why none of our mutual buddies never introduced us! :ciao:

Keep it Green!

:passitleft:

I'm not a stoner and I didn't even realize that Celt was growing in hempy! Must have missed that piece of information. :oops:
And, knowing that you don’t partake, it was YOU that I was the most surprised about! :laughtwo:

Hiya Celt!

I just finished reading about your 2020 grow -
simply amazing plants! :welldone:

And I’m wondering, since we both grew large outdoor plants in hempy, why none of our mutual buddies never introduced us! :ciao:

Keep it Green!
:passitleft:
Hey mate, good to see you :)

Sorry for the late reply, I am not often in the forums much these days but pop in every few weeks just to see how things are going and check a few friends grows :)

With lockdowns last year I had tons of time on my hands to play so tried Hempy for the fun of it lol
7 of the 11 plants were grown that way using aerated Mega Crop solution but it’s not a style of growing that I normally have time for, at their peak uptake, I was hauling 30+ gallons of solution a day to feed them all lol

i really don’t have much going on this year aside from my outside plants. Too many things going on in RL to commit to indoor growing this year so all my plans/experiments have been put on hold until I get time.

I will throw up some pictures of this years plants sometime in the near future for you guys :)

I hear ya! I was only working 16 gallons a day last summer. But after that haul, I’m taking this year off from growing so we can do some traveling (now that the world is reopening).

Hey, glad to hear from you - keep on keeping on!
:ganjamon:

Afternoon all,

Here is what I have on the go this year

Last years garden with 4 plants...1 Blue Dream
52D535C0-0194-46F0-A00C-8A35BD4B4755.jpeg

Key Lime Kush
89B2ADA6-98D0-4A2E-B463-D4F8A2DA61F6.jpeg

Chem ‘91
E2E61273-A432-4F3B-B390-BEF11E23D59E.jpeg

And lastly, an unknown that could be SSH, Candida or a cross...seed I found in some bud that a friend grew and sent me but I forgot which one it came from
FA355529-5A0B-4424-AB60-8ABAD278C462.jpeg

and also 7 more in what was intended to be a greenhouse but I have put off completing because I may be working away for weeks at a time again and won’t be here to water them
0D2265C8-CC90-4EB2-8CF4-73F3A009ECD6.jpeg

that is a Chem 91 in the foreground...the rest are all Blue Dream.

I am looking forward to the Chem and the KLK...they were from cuttings I was gifted and rooted a while back...the Chem bud that was included with the cuttings is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom