Celt’s Cavern Of Chaos

Afternoon all,

Started pressing some more dry sift, thought I would share some pictures
B8002AD7-5A1D-435E-9955-8DA3EE81840F.jpeg
05A096FA-81A1-4093-898B-5EDEB02011CC.jpeg

Hey Otter,

Yes I started pressing like Frenchie, watched many of his videos lol

And ice water hash presses quite easily like he does, but this dry sift is much more work.

I should have took more pictures lol maybe next run I will get Krista to shoot a video of the process but I will describe it.

I have a glass top stove, so I boil a big pot of water on one burner and turn a second burner on as well to warm the surface. Once the water boils, I turn off both burners and when I can touch the top with a wet finger and it doesn't sizzle, then I start.

I put down parchment paper on the warm burner, drop a block of dry sift on it and cover with a 2nd piece of parchment paper. I then use the pot of hot water to press. I keep flipping the block and being heated on both sides it works nice. Once the sift has melted and spread out, I pull the paper, fold the hash a couple of times and repress it. After doing this, I get what you see in the first picture. Like brick hash, sticky but quite hard.

Then comes the hard work. To get it like the ball in the second picture , I take pieces about the size of a marble and start kneading it in my hands until it becomes pliable, really sticky and uniform, and then roll it into a ball. Each new ball gets kneaded into the last and I keep building one big ball. So far I have about 1 of 3 oz rolled up. Takes about an hour of kneading for each ounce.

Hey Otter,

Yes I started pressing like Frenchie, watched many of his videos lol

And ice water hash presses quite easily like he does, but this dry sift is much more work.

I should have took more pictures lol maybe next run I will get Krista to shoot a video of the process but I will describe it.

I have a glass top stove, so I boil a big pot of water on one burner and turn a second burner on as well to warm the surface. Once the water boils, I turn off both burners and when I can touch the top with a wet finger and it doesn't sizzle, then I start.

I put down parchment paper on the warm burner, drop a block of dry sift on it and cover with a 2nd piece of parchment paper. I then use the pot of hot water to press. I keep flipping the block and being heated on both sides it works nice. Once the sift has melted and spread out, I pull the paper, fold the hash a couple of times and repress it. After doing this, I get what you see in the first picture. Like brick hash, sticky but quite hard.

Then comes the hard work. To get it like the ball in the second picture , I take pieces about the size of a marble and start kneading it in my hands until it becomes pliable, really sticky and uniform, and then roll it into a ball. Each new ball gets kneaded into the last and I keep building one big ball. So far I have about 1 of 3 oz rolled up. Takes about an hour of kneading for each ounce.
Maybe in the spring for me. I really love hash. Thanks, nice method for your cooktop!

Evening Shed,

I had a look at both the dry sift and the pressed hash under a cheap digital microscope. I can see no green, just the entire trichomes (head and stalk), so aside from the Cannabinoids and terpenes, it would just be the plant waxes that form the trichomes.

It looks much different, under the microscope, than ice water hash. The ice water seems to be more just the trichome heads.

I also found it takes more work to press it. After heating and pressing the ice water hash, it kneaded and rolled into a ball very easily and became very gooey and soft. A ball of it would start to flatten under its own weight.

The dry sift, after heating and pressing, was sticky but somewhat hard. You could fold it, press it, tear pieces of like brick hash. It required a LOT of kneading to make it soft and mouldable.

I would like to say it cures like temple ball hash, the ice water would, but that first ball is not going to last long enough :rofl: but the next round will get to cure :)
Hello! That hash method sounds like something I could handle.

Any chance on you getting photos through that microscope cam? I would love to see dry vs wet sift end results at the trichome level. :green_heart:

Feed stores often sell it for farmers sterilizing tools etc
I asked yesterday if they have any and got the answer

‘Uhhh... No... We do not...... ‘

And the penetrating look-

‘How the fuck did he find out about about our Iso stash...?’

Hello! That hash method sounds like something I could handle.

Any chance on you getting photos through that microscope cam? I would love to see dry vs wet sift end results at the trichome level. :green_heart:
Morning Copper :)

The microscope I have now is pretty poor and I lost the cord for charging it a couple years ago. It had a type of end that is hard to find now and that cord was also the one for recording to a device.

I plan to order a new one, they are cheap as chips now, but it hasn’t been high priority lol

When I get a new one, and am making hash again, I will do more pictures of the process, both macro and micro :)

Please pardon the intrusion, maybe you and/or your followers might be interested :cheer:

If so, please apply in the comparative grow thread, as I won't be responding to replies here :thanks:

:Namaste:

Hey guys :)

Yes I am around lurking now and then. Weather is better here and from now until December I will be outside most of the time, I don’t spend a lot of time online this time of year.

I started breaking new ground that is overgrown with raspberry cane. Started doing it by hand and realized I probably wouldn’t live through the process so building gear for the tractor to clear it and prep it...All of this in an attempt to build a greenhouse so I can grow sativas outdoors lol

Back
Top Bottom