CFL - Bag Seed - Soil - First Grow

20140730_085519.jpg

OMG OMG OMG IS THIS WHAT I THINK IT IS???????

cause my pics looks like this pic..

The_Early_Female_Preflower.jpg

You have a female cannabis plant!

I have a much different understanding of defoliation applied at the proper time line to enhance vegetative growth and flowering. You can see examples of how I defoliate and train my plants in my Grow Journals and Reviews. I would defoliate in vegetative growth 7-10 days before flowering to remove excess fan leaves and open more light to branches and nodes that become bud sites and colas. I defoliate in vegetative growth by removing any fan leaves that are excessively shading the branches and nodes to encourage the nodes to grow larger and produce more colas. I use Low Stress Training to tie the branches of my plants to the outer edge of the rim of the pots and each branch becomes its own bud site and cola. When I defoliate in preparation for flower I leave no more then 4 fan leaves at each growing top and remove the majority of the fan leaves, any fan leaf that shades a top and lower growth, this is a perfect time to select cuttings to root as clones from the plants you are about to place into flower. I defoliate in flower at days 21-25 of flower when the stretch phase has ended by removing lower growth that will not produce anything except for popcorn bud and any fan leaf that shades a bud site and again if required at day 45.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Awesome, KingJohnC is here! I was trying to give him some of your information that you gave me! I guess i forgot the main part of defoliation before flower.... LOL. Sorry guys...

I actually didnt defoliate before flower either and waited until around day 25 for the lower defoliation and didnt actually take most of my fan leaves until day 37 of flower! I wished i would have cut them before but didnt get KingJohn's advice until day 37... Everything seems to be going good at this point though.

But as i said before i would wait at this point because you are already in flower and see how she looks after the stretch! You have a pretty even canopy!

Something I noticed...

Your back wall is wood. Normally I'd say paint it, but you have plants there now, and I wouldn't want fumes from any paint around my plants. Even just latex paint..

You can tape a large piece of white posterboard back there, or white contact paper (some contact papers have a smelly adhesive though), doing so will increase the reflectivity in the grow room a little more!

Good morning my fellow gardeners...

Man i loooove all the action on the this thread.. thank you guys again for all the input.. i love it..

OK, soooo the KINGJohn defol method is alittle late seeing that i'm now 10 days into flower.. i'm gonna slowly start making sure that bud sites are not shaded sticking to the 6-10 leaves every 3 or so days untill her stretch is over, then i'll really get in there and clean her up.. it makes sense to do this, but i'm worried about the stress on the plant itself.. any thoughts on this guys..?

now to my understanding.. a plant can show signs of female, but with high stress it can turn it into a male? can someone please elaborate on this.. also what are the major stress factors other then the obvious, heat, light during dark time, and nutes.. anything else i should be cautious for?

Yes the back wall is still press board. i didn't have any more white paint after i did the outside wall of the cab. i didn't think about paper or something else thats white.. i might have to look around the house and see what i can come up with.. time to play stoner mcguyver again.. hahahahahaha

Anyways guys i'll get some more pics today... make sure that i'm seeing pistols all over the plant and not just one or 2 spots.. last thing i want is a herm.. lol i'm still not getting much smell.. sometimes in the morning she's a bit stinky but i was expecting more by now..

Also i'm probably gonna do a watering today.. now the nutes i have are 5-5-2.. should i use another round of those at 1/3 strength? or just water.. the last time i used any nutes was over 4 weeks ago..?

Thanks again for everything guys..
~PG

congrats man , awesome looking FEMALE you have there my friend can you send some of the female vibe over this way man

congrats man , awesome looking FEMALE you have there my friend can you send some of the female vibe over this way man

From here to there.. lots of female love going your way......

took a few pics.. yup, theres pistols everywhere... yay!!!
20140731_094416.jpg
20140731_094440.jpg
20140731_094609.jpg
20140731_094626.jpg

also there was this on some fans.. thought it looked interesting.. she's trying to tell me something..
20140731_094530.jpg
20140731_094452.jpg
20140731_094510.jpg

any ideas here guys?

and the clones are showing new growth..
20140731_094719.jpg
20140731_094713.jpg
20140731_094708.jpg

so nothing major to report.. just growing away.. temps have been alittle high in the low 80's. i also added another light so that might be doing it.. also the RH has been low lately too around the 40% mark.. at night sometimes in the low 30's...

happy happy happy thursday to you alll!!!

~PG

OK, soooo the KINGJohn defol method is alittle late seeing that i'm now 10 days into flower.. i'm gonna slowly start making sure that bud sites are not shaded sticking to the 6-10 leaves every 3 or so days untill her stretch is over, then i'll really get in there and clean her up.. it makes sense to do this, but i'm worried about the stress on the plant itself.. any thoughts on this guys..?

now to my understanding.. a plant can show signs of female, but with high stress it can turn it into a male? can someone please elaborate on this.. also what are the major stress factors other then the obvious, heat, light during dark time, and nutes.. anything else i should be cautious for?

Also i'm probably gonna do a watering today.. now the nutes i have are 5-5-2.. should i use another round of those at 1/3 strength? or just water.. the last time i used any nutes was over 4 weeks ago..?

Thanks again for everything guys..
~PG

Once in flower, the general accepted time for defoliation is at day 21, then again at day 45 if needed.

High stress doesn't turn the female plant into a male. But it can cause it to turn into a hermie. Which is worse than a male imo because hermie seeds have a higher chance of being hermie plants. At least with male pollen, you would have definitive males and females. Nothing worse than seeing buds then balls on the same plant.
If your plant is looking healthy, a little nutrition at low strength is not a bad idea. :thumb:

Hope your having a good day PositiveGrape! :ciao:

p.s. just saw the new pics. The leaf damage could be from a phosphorus deficiency. If this is the plant in day 10 of flower, I'd say that is what the problem is. Do you have any flowering nutrients?

hey grape bro i re read may have missed it but when did you clip her for cloning , well i guess the proper way to ask was what day into veg cycle was she ?

hey grape bro i re read may have missed it but when did you clip her for cloning , well i guess the proper way to ask was what day into veg cycle was she ?

i cloned on day 56th day after germination and 24th day under the CFL's. of course thats the same day.. but i started the seedleing under the sun then moved indoors 32 days later.

i cloned 72 hours after a good feeding/watering.

from what i learned.. make sure you have a large humididty dome. i used big gulp cups from 7-11 on the successfull clones. i burped them 3 times a day and misted once in the morning and once in the evening..

on the other 2 clones, 1 didn't have a dome, and it molded, and the other, the dome was too small.

i def recommend the rootech rooting hormone gel.. seemed to work perfectly.

hope this helps..
~PG

PS --- @PIMP no flowering nutes yet. only the same EJ rainbow mix (5-5-2) i've been using.. anything you can recommend.. i was going to get some Fox farms tiger bloom.. but with this deficiency popping up, what do you recommend?

Ok , thanks man i guess the way that you switched up make sit hard to determine the actual maturity of the plant i guess i will give it a shot when they are ready for some defoliation , as far as humidity domes are you refering to the plastic u places under the plant but over its roots ?

There are some excellent flowering nutrients available. Currently I'm using Growology 3 part system and the ease of use is amazing. The step 2 and 3 have very much ended some of the micro issues I've had in the past.I have used the FF line in the past with some success as well.
I'm not sure what is available to you, or what the budget is, but if you were to pick up any type of bloom fertilizer-- something with higher P,K than N, it will help your issue.
If you are on a tight budget, I recommend a trip to wally's place and see if you can find a inexpensive fertilizer with those characteristics.

If you have a few bucks to spend, check out Growology's line. Your investment will last several grows and the peace of mind in the system is excellent. It's so simple.
:thumb:

p.s. Some of the bigger name fertilizer companies are really good at offering supplements for micro issues. This makes me think they short you in the general feed area so you will need to buy additional products. I don't like that thought...

Ok , thanks man i guess the way that you switched up make sit hard to determine the actual maturity of the plant i guess i will give it a shot when they are ready for some defoliation , as far as humidity domes are you refering to the plastic u places under the plant but over its roots ?

yeah exactly.. i don't know the actual term. cause if i would have vegged this girl under CFL's the whole time, in that time period she would be MASSIVE...

now the humidity domes i speak of, are the cut cups i place over the clipping.. for the first 7-10 days the plant stays alive by utilizing the nutes and water in the air around the clipping.. so it's very important to keep it moist untill the roots form and it starts absorbing and feeding thru the roots.. i used standard red solo cups for the "pot" and large cut cups for the humidity dome.. it worked great.

There are some excellent flowering nutrients available. Currently I'm using Growology 3 part system and the ease of use is amazing. The step 2 and 3 have very much ended some of the micro issues I've had in the past.I have used the FF line in the past with some success as well.
I'm not sure what is available to you, or what the budget is, but if you were to pick up any type of bloom fertilizer-- something with higher P,K than N, it will help your issue.
If you are on a tight budget, I recommend a trip to wally's place and see if you can find a inexpensive fertilizer with those characteristics.

If you have a few bucks to spend, check out Growology's line. Your investment will last several grows and the peace of mind in the system is excellent. It's so simple.
:thumb:

p.s. Some of the bigger name fertilizer companies are really good at offering supplements for micro issues. This makes me think they short you in the general feed area so you will need to buy additional products. I don't like that thought...

hmmmm so more P, K, and less N.. i can handle that.. i basically have everything available to me.. 2 hydroponics stores within and hour and of course, amazon.. i might take a ride and see if they have the tiger bloom.. i believe that has more p, and k, then N doesn't it.. i''ll have to do some research..

yeah i would love the growology line.. i found the starter set for 50 bucks shipped.. thats on the list after this first harvest.. along with the other 200 things.. lolol

thanks again for the input guys.. your all rockstars..

~PG

Update...

SO i watered/fed her with the rainbow mix.. still at 1/3 strength.. i realized it was 9 days since the last watering so i was like eeekkk thats kinda long.. so i gave her a nice drink..

20140731_163750.jpg
20140731_163745.jpg

check on my local hydro store and they have the FF tiger bloom.. so sometime in the next week i'm gonna go grab qt of that and start using that.. now whats this i hear about molasses.. is this like the savory goodness i put on a biscuit? (yes i'm very southern.. lol) or is this special molasses.. can someone please elaborate here.. or possibly point me in the right direction..

thanks again for everything guys..
Happy thursday...
~PG

Un-sulfured molasses. Generally the 3 buck type with the granny on the cover is what most people use in the States.
It's kind of a bio-feeder if you will. It has good stuff to help the micro-biological life in the soil. It also is my understanding that it has "ready to go carbs" if you will, that the plant can convert easily to use.
But I've also seen guys say that if you are non-organic, there isn't the biological life to feed so it doesn't help.

I have used it and the only downfall of it is Gnats love the stuff.
I don't have 100 plants under my belt to tell you it made X amount of difference, but for the low price, Id say pick some up. :)

^^^^ I just started adding 1 tablespoon of unsulfured molasses to my feeding regimen. I've read enough folks saying that it fattens up the buds that I figured it was worth a try.

A great way to compare would be growing side by side clones from the same mother, do everything identical, except give 1 molasses, and 1 no molasses.

Back
Top Bottom