CFL lighting

Badmnky69

Hi new to growing I have 6 auto blueberry domina sprouted was wondering if 3-150w softwhites and 3-150w daylight CFLs will do the job or do I need more light

Not even close. :sorry:

-edit-
I've never grown that strain so IDK how big they get. I'm basing your light needs on the size of the grow area.
For a space that size I would not use CFL's or anything else other than LED or HID lighting.

But will it work for the seeding stage/ start of veg? I plan on getting some more cfls or even led full spec. How many watts u digest for a room that size ?

But will it work for the seeding stage/ start of veg? I plan on getting some more cfls or even led full spec. How many watts u digest for a room that size ?

Any light will work. But it won't be optimum. I'd lose the soft whites if they are incandescent. Use 'em if they are CFLs. For CFLs to be effective they need to be within a couple of inches of the plant. I always recommend 50 watts per square foot. 4 x 8 = 32 feet x 50 = 1600 watts of LED or HPS. Definitely go with something over 1 KW of lighting for good growth and yield. Again, IDK about your particular auto.

All cfls total 900 w equivalent 250 w real

"Real" is the only number that matters for any light source. That's the number I used above.

I think by the time you buy 1000 - 1600 watts of CFLs with all the needed sockets and adapters, you will probably be better off getting HID or LED lighting.

420-magazine-mobile1784558993.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1576075429.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1294458936.jpg
420-magazine-mobile630411933.jpg
420-magazine-mobile400650109.jpg
420-magazine-mobile521069682.jpg
420-magazine-mobile913639825.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Will probably go led. do my seedling look to be doing ok the are only 5 days from braking soil?

The second photo looks like there might be a little heat stress. Other than that they look good. Don't over water!
Do I see Osmocote or some other time-release nute's?

Not unless it comes in the soil that way I got a few in a miracle grow type soil and some in plan out pitting soil I'm going to use ff trio once they get another week older . I moved the light up a little on the one that might be heat stressed and the last pic is a purple haze auto so 5 auto blueberry 1 purple haze .

I've started a journal not sure how to get the link to post here but hope to learn a lot and improve my grow

Looks like incorrect watering and heat stress.

I moved the lighting up think I had them way to close and I was not allowing any dry time between watering hoping in a few days they will purk up

Hard to tell. They are so small, If you have the space I'd give them a chance to see what they can do.

Once again, it appears like you give small amounts of water, frequently.
IMO, that's the worst thing you can do for cannabis. Young plants do better with wet/dry cycles. Drench completely. Let them drain well. Now leave them alone. Wait. Wait more. No, not yet - keep waiting for the pot to dry out at the bottom. Never go by how dry the soil near the top is. The roots, the water, and any potential root rot are all down at the very bottom.

You are correct I was watering small amounts often . I am switching my method raised lights .this run is a learning experience and I'm learning a lot thanks for your insite

Back
Top Bottom