Cheap seeds one of them shows flowering after 28 days: normal or is she is a auto?

Fietchen

This is Day 28 i let them Grow litte longer in her small Pot transplant then 2 Day's ago. Today i wondering there is one of the 4 Plant's (down right side) she showing sign of Sex but not small pre Flower she show big sign for me she isn't a Photo period she is a Automatik what your opinion? None of the 3 other Plants show signs of Flowering but the Zlato show that's not normal what you think? I don't think that's the pre Flowering stage.

IMG_20240111_112940.jpg
IMG_20240111_112938.jpg
IMG_20240111_112934.jpg
IMG_20240111_123350.jpg
IMG_20240111_123343.jpg

For me she looks Streching
I see what you are and don't know what is causing it. The same change in the growing tips has shown up in some of my Indica dominant plants. It has that same look as the tips get several days after being under a 12/12 light schedule. Thing is, if the plant was actually flowering then the stretch would start within another couple of days but it never does. But, it never does.

Not sure what causes it. The new growth pattern is like the plant stopped producing the growth stage hormone that controls the stem development and the inter-node stem sections have pretty much been reduced to just several mm instead of several inches.

A couple of ways that I have tried to get more normal growth included boosting the light by several hours which did not do anything. But if I took the plants outside to the patio it seemed that within several days to a week they were starting to grow normally again. And, if I put some of the plants under a 12/12 light schedule they also started normal growth and normal stem stretch began and flower buds began showing.

Cuttings taken from plants would root and start growing normally after awhile. No idea of what starts it nor the best or quickest way to return them back to normal growth patterns. You can try some things and let us know what happens.

Could be if your running veg lighting , i would leave her where she is ,see what happens, if auto she'll be better of with more ligjt hours 🤙✌️

You don't think it's a Automatik?
Autoflowers are created by introducing the genes of ruderalis cannabis plants into a normal photo period genetics strain through breeding and apparently the percentage of those introduced genes can vary, leading to various amounts of rigor for the auto quality.

I have seeds of a CBG plant and they send you 25% extra seeds because about a quarter of them turn out to be autoflowers which is not what I want.

So, it could be that issue in a percentage of the seeds you have. Once an auto starts flowering I don't know of anything that will return it to veg though. It will still flower under a longer than normal flower schedule so you could just keep it in the veg space with the others and enjoy an earlier (and probably smaller) harvest than you were expecting.

Autoflowers are created by introducing the genes of ruderalis cannabis plants into a normal photo period genetics strain through breeding and apparently the percentage of those introduced genes can vary, leading to various amounts of rigor for the auto quality.

I have seeds of a CBG plant and they send you 25% extra seeds because about a quarter of them turn out to be autoflowers which is not what I want.

So, it could be that issue in a percentage of the seeds you have. Once an auto starts flowering I don't know of anything that will return it to veg though. It will still flower under a longer than normal flower schedule so you could just keep it in the veg space with the others and enjoy an earlier (and probably smaller) harvest than you were expecting.
@cbdhemp808 has talked about that in his journal I believe. Maybe he'll weigh in with his thoughts.

Hey @Fietchen,

I'm guessing you already know this, but... if your plants are going into flower, they'll look like this...

1705540316769.png

I also grew the DBL CBG, and I had one remaining plant (a mother), and it was under night interruption lighting, but started to go into a strange kind of flowering mode that looked like this... kind of like pre-flower on steroids...

1705540591094.png

I chopped that plant and threw it away.

Anyway, @Fietchen you could have some plants that have a "partial" autoflowering trait – not quite photo, not quite auto.

I would say, just treat them all as photoperiod plants. If some are more-or-less auto, they will start flowering regardless of the light schedule.

:ciao:

Hey @Fietchen,

I'm guessing you already know this, but... if your plants are going into flower, they'll look like this...

1705540316769.png

I also grew the DBL CBG, and I had one remaining plant (a mother), and it was under night interruption lighting, but started to go into a strange kind of flowering mode that looked like this... kind of like pre-flower on steroids...

1705540591094.png

I chopped that plant and threw it away.

Anyway, @Fietchen you could have some plants that have a "partial" autoflowering trait – not quite photo, not quite auto.

I would say, just treat them all as photoperiod plants. If some are more-or-less auto, they will start flowering regardless of the light schedule.

:ciao:

I know how to flower plant looking but i also know how a pre flower plant looks like and for me she looks Streching

Autoflowering is a recessive trait, it is not a graduated/incremental trait, it is an all or nothing trait. It takes two recessive auto genes for the autoflower trait to express itself. If you breed an auto to a full photo ALL the offspring will be photos, they are all either Aa or aA (a=auto, A=photo) and will express the photo gene. If you then cross those offspring, you have, statistically, a 25% chance of getting an auto. Your possibilities are Aa, aA, AA, or aa, only aa will be an autoflower. If you then cross the autoflowers (aa x aa) all the resulting seeds will be autos. Fast flowering strains are generally not autos, they still need to be flipped to 12/12, they just mature faster, which was accomplished through breeding faster maturing plants to faster maturing plants. What can happen is bad breeding lets Aa plants into the gene pool, which you don't want, as it can cause you to get unwanted autos down the road.

This is Day 28 i let them Grow litte longer in her small Pot transplant then 2 Day's ago. Today i wondering there is one of the 4 Plant's (down right side) she showing sign of Sex but not small pre Flower she show big sign for me she isn't a Photo period she is a Automatik what your opinion? None of the 3 other Plants show signs of Flowering but the Zlato show that's not normal what you think? I don't think that's the pre Flowering stage.

IMG_20240111_112940.jpg
IMG_20240111_112938.jpg
IMG_20240111_112934.jpg
IMG_20240111_123350.jpg
IMG_20240111_123343.jpg
Just a tip for all growers. Excluding auto flower you can change your light time/flower at 4 weeks. Very helpful when space is a premium.

Back
Top Bottom