ChemDawg D BX 3

Can't thank you enough for posting the pic, Jimmycricket. Two problems I've been trying to troubleshoot out in my mind are how to tell what traits to look for to isolate the original clone only, and the fact that there's no info on the triple backcross posted. Backcrossed all 3 times to the original mother means that stabilization should be attainable in 2 or 3 generations. Backcrossed to the mother, then mother again, then father (or anything like that) means that the whole experiment could have gone bad and the final backcross was just an attempt at creating something to keep the project from being a waste of time and money. I've got my mother picked, by the way. I'll post pics later. I'm going to move the remaining plants into my other grow journal and flower them out separately.

:peace:

Chemdawg D BX3 father :

013476.JPG
011548.JPG
012491.JPG

Chemdawg D BX3 mother (could change if I see anything I like with the other 4 or 5 females):

010647.JPG
008770.JPG
009683.JPG

These are now under a 200 watt full spectrum mogul-base CFL and the other remaining females will go into my other grow journal. I'll post a few pics of the others as reference when they are flowered out, but I don't have enough room to fully flower out the males to do the same. Limited room to work with will be an issue here; I can see that already.

Weird, aint it? These are flowering with the light I just described not even 2 full inches above them and reflective white is 4" off of each side. You'd think just a CFL would keep the stretch down. Most of the beginning of flower was done under a 250 watt MH/HPS less than a foot from the tops. I just couldn't keep stretch under control with these.

If I had the room I'd do it properly like that. I know it's a better way, but for now I decided to do the first initial pollen drop by selecting the healthiest two male and female plants that look the closest alike. This next grow will give me more of a selection of seeds (5 fathers wasn't a good grouping to choose from), but I'll still keep selectively breeding this way until I get the offspring stable. The next run (my first seeds) will be the first group I test for hermies before I pick a mother. When 2 or 3 generations of the same traits with little variation happen, this first parent will be finished. Rezdog's CDD v 1.1 will go through this same process, then I'll pick which will be the mother and which will be the father from those two and by then I'm going to want to do as you're suggesting and let all males get to full maturity before I make my selections. Here's the cut down father and the mother in the background.

0041081.JPG

Here's a few pics of the rejects in the mother contest. I'll post a few pics as they progress and you'll be able to compare them to yours, Jimmycricket. I'll post the differences I see in each plant as they get fuller and are more noticeable. I'll also take them out and take full pics a few times too.

009696.JPG
010659.JPG
012499.JPG
011557.JPG

Thanks, everybody. Yeah, the bummer about this is that the mother I picked looked to be the best choice at the time. By the time they get done because she's under a 200 watt CFL and the rest are under a 600 watt HPS, she's going to look like the poorest choice of the bunch. :)
From what I'm seeing here I think I can have this parent stock stabilized in 3 generations, maybe 4. Because I saw the first seeds forming in the bracts today I switched that 200 watt CFL from a full spectrum to a red spectrum this evening before lights out. I fed the mother FF (week 10) also. Looking forward to seeing what that 600 watt HPS does for the rest of these. There's like three variations so far I think are genetic, and two may be from individual characteristics of the specific plants involved (sometimes size is due to a weak seed and sometimes it may be due to the seedling having more of its taller father or mother's traits). There's a trait on a few of the plants that I'll chart with pics when they mature another week or so.

Couldn't wait patience isn't one of my better traits. :)
Some of the plants have alternating nodes towards the top.....

006899.JPG

..... and the minority have nodes that are directly across from each other.

0051043.JPG

The mother I picked seems to have a combination of both, which could be good or bad. I'll post a pic of her again later. :peace:

Now that I raised the light there's a more open flow in and out of the cooled reflector and that brought the temps down. I'll lower the fan speed to get it back up to 82 degrees F because the unit is sealed to the outside environment, and the CO2 bag in there won't do any good if I don't.....

Looks good mate, the alternating nodes are a sign of them ready to go into flower mate, even though they there already. In veg its a ready sign, in flower its normal.

Thanks for the info, JB42. It's hard to find some of this stuff in the grow books. Well, here's the mother plant. It's well pollinated; I can see splits in the bracts everywhere on most of the upper flowers.

008791.JPG
009702.JPG

I'm going to clean this closet out in about a week (after I think the whole process is over) to get rid of the pollen. Here's the others and they look pretty good so far. Give me time I'll screw them up. :)

0011245.JPG
007853.JPG
006901.JPG

Back
Top Bottom