Chlorimne removal vitamin C

I use 4 stage Filtration, for my grow room and 6 stage for drinking / cooking water. I run my drinking water through a Carbon taste and odor filter and a PH filter to add back some minerals. The first four stages are sediment filter, carbon block filter, Chloramine filter and RO membrane. I change all filters except the RO membrane every year. I'll replace the RO membrane when TDS rejection rate goes down below 85%. I'll usually get at least 4 years from a RO membrane with the chloramine filter and maybe a year without one. Local water supplier denies the use of chloramines and I have not had water tested by a lab. I am a plumbing contractor and I do service on residential RO systems and this is consistent in my area.
How far do you walk or run everyday?

That's speaking a little bit out of the blue. It all depends on what's in said water doesn't it? My local water is not the same as yours and without any test done you're just speaking out of the blue. There's many ways to the finish line my friend.
present the water quality sample here and we can converse on the mater.

Which membrane do you recommend to remove chloramine microns?
I do not recommend a membrane. I do recommend a Chloramine filter. The filter that I use and would recommend is Pentair Pentek ChlorPlus10 Carbon Chloramine reduction replacement Cartridge water filter 10" x 2.5", 1 micron. This filter is for small domestic RO systems (50 - 100 gallon per day) and domestic water filtration.

How far do you walk or run everyday?
Has this turned into a fitness forum? I was under the assumption that we were growing weed?

I do not recommend a membrane. I do recommend a Chloramine filter. The filter that I use and would recommend is Pentair Pentek ChlorPlus10 Carbon Chloramine reduction replacement Cartridge water filter 10" x 2.5", 1 micron. This filter is for small domestic RO systems (50 - 100 gallon per day) and domestic water filtration.

can you please specify which make and model and which qualities you appreciate most?

can you please specify which make and model and which qualities you appreciate most?
Pentair Pentek ChlorPlus10 Carbon Chloramine reduction replacement Cartridge water filter 10" x 2.5", 1 micron.

qualities you appreciate most?
It works

You took up the challenge of manhood and became a tradesman! I am unfamiliar with the make and model, what properties do you appreciate the daily filtering capacity or rather the service life?

nice to see you
Hey darlin.
How have you been?

it has been blamed for wreaking havoc on aging municipal water systems, lead pipe etc.

we have had some issues around it here. especially in older neighborhoods. our water has always been dodgy, and continued drought is only making it worse. chlorine use was heavy before, and chloramine is the same now.

from the tap our water smells like bleach.
Same here but MN is going to replace all lead pipes in the state. I read that pvc isn't good to use now either so I guess we're going back to copper!?!
Not sure yet.
we obviously filter all our drinking water as well. if you lived here 30 yrs or so you'll generally get kidney stones.
Wonder if that's the case here too...
We have some mineral heavy agua around here.
We don't filter it though. I have thought about getting a drinking water system of some sort.
if you really need to get rid of it, do what the fish tank folk do. they often use UV, filtration, and other methods in tandem.
Chemicals are the most widely used method but there are other products like charcoal filters ,water softening sachets and toxin binding resin beads.

I use either vit C or chemical methods.

Hey darlin.
How have you been?

Same here but MN is going to replace all lead pipes in the state. I read that pvc isn't good to use now either so I guess we're going back to copper!?!
Not sure yet.

We don't filter it though. I have thought about getting a drinking water system of some sort.

Chemicals are the most widely used method but there are other products like charcoal filters ,water softening sachets and toxin binding resin beads.

The municipal regulations for the incoming water connection use specify material grade.

Hey darlin.
How have you been?

having a year of changes here. there's more to come.

Not sure yet.

they are replacing the lead pipe here now as well.

pex or reinforcred clear cpvc pressure tubing is now most commonly used indoor over copper but it's not suitable for outdoor transmission. even pex may have issues between chloramine and the metal fittings used to connect them together.

filtering has become a necessity here. as water tables in north america drop, everywhere will eventually be like us. we have been filtering since the 70's, my folks house was built with a system installed. it's not RO though.

i like filtration as other methods can add substances skewing an ec number. i'm only finicky with the cannabis though. other house and outdoor plants get whatever is around lol.

The municipal regulations for the incoming water connection use specify material grade.

the recommend for everywhere in north america has been pvc since the 70's. that won't change anywhere you go.

It will also shorten the life of your RO membrane without Pre-filtering with the chloramine filter.

i've been getting 4 - 5 yrs out before needing to replace. i went with a higher gph membrane though which means more chloramine ultimately getting through.

the higher micron membrane returned 3 - 5 ppm while the one i use now returns 5 - 7 ppm. when it starts creeping up above 10 i order a new one and usually replace it by the time it's returning around 15 or so.

pex or reinforcred clear cpvc pressure tubing is now most commonly used indoor over copper but it's not suitable for outdoor transmission. even pex may have issues between chloramine and the metal fittings used to connect them together.

filtering has become a necessity here. as water tables in north america drop, everywhere will eventually be like us. we have been filtering since the 70's, my folks house was built with a system installed. it's not RO though.

i like filtration as other methods can add substances skewing an ec number. i'm only finicky with the cannabis though. other house and outdoor plants get whatever is around lol.

the recommend for everywhere in north america has been pvc since the 70's. that won't change anywhere you go.
I've done more than my share of plumbing an pvc is fine for drain lines. but I've always used copper for water lines. for now the water quality in the greater Boston area is some of the best in the country, for a metropolitan area

I've done more than my share of plumbing an pvc is fine for drain lines. but I've always used copper for water lines. for now the water quality in the greater Boston area is some of the best in the country, for a metropolitan area

here the owner or developer is responsible for the feed line between municipal at the street to the house. cost primarily shoved everyone on to pvc.

for the most part temp changes and ground movement pretty much dictates the material. copper would often shear with the freeze thaw cycles and we have enough trouble with the mains as it is.

edit : over 6 yrs we had our mains break 3 times. the entire block has been dug up in pieces yr over yr. the city might do the whole thing over again and replace it all.

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm going to switch over to spring water. Poland spring water, the soil is from Maine so give em water from Maine. Also if I'm paying for water I'll be less likely to over water. There's a madness to my method

Bottled spring water will be just fine in your grow. Your soil and the microbes in it will work with the plant to control the ph of the rhizosphere. This is why organic growers don’t worry about the ph levels. To take it a step further, when using water with below 50 ppms ph becomes almost irrelevant, especially in your specific soil. I know this from education, and personal experience.

Bottled water gets expensive quickly, especially once you’re deep into flower and are having to give a gallon every couple days. I HIGHLY recommend picking up a cheap system like this:

IMG_7361.jpeg

With a system like that, water will no longer be a variable in your grow. It may be overkill but as @OGpapa said, I don’t trust people messing with my drinking water. There are multiple instances of municipal water managers tampering with the water supply then forging the water reports. It’s just not worth the headache. Not to mention, if you look at what’s “acceptable” for human consumption it’s horrifying. Just because it’s fit for consumption doesn’t mean it should be consumed.

Once you switch over to RO you will be able to smell and taste the chlorine/chloramine in your tap water. I drink at minimum, 64 ozs of water a day, usually closer to 128. Before my RO unit I would get stomach aches after so much tap water. After the RO unit I can drink as much as I want without ever feeling ill. That was enough for me. I don’t even give my dog tap water.

If the waste water is a concern you don’t have to drain it. You can run the line to a container and use that water for a variety of things like cleaning, watering the lawn, etc.

Good luck Chris, it makes me happy to see the progress you’re making!

having a year of changes here. there's more to come

Make sure to keep me updated when possible! Hopefully it’s positive changes!

Bottled spring water will be just fine in your grow. Your soil and the microbes in it will work with the plant to control the ph of the rhizosphere. This is why organic growers don’t worry about the ph levels. To take it a step further, when using water with below 50 ppms ph becomes almost irrelevant, especially in your specific soil. I know this from education, and personal experience.

Bottled water gets expensive quickly, especially once you’re deep into flower and are having to give a gallon every couple days. I HIGHLY recommend picking up a cheap system like this:

IMG_7361.jpeg

With a system like that, water will no longer be a variable in your grow. It may be overkill but as @OGpapa said, I don’t trust people messing with my drinking water. There are multiple instances of municipal water managers tampering with the water supply then forging the water reports. It’s just not worth the headache. Not to mention, if you look at what’s “acceptable” for human consumption it’s horrifying. Just because it’s fit for consumption doesn’t mean it should be consumed.

Once you switch over to RO you will be able to smell and taste the chlorine/chloramine in your tap water. I drink at minimum, 64 ozs of water a day, usually closer to 128. Before my RO unit I would get stomach aches after so much tap water. After the RO unit I can drink as much as I want without ever feeling ill. That was enough for me. I don’t even give my dog tap water.

If the waste water is a concern you don’t have to drain it. You can run the line to a container and use that water for a variety of things like cleaning, watering the lawn, etc.

Good luck Chris, it makes me happy to see the progress you’re making!

Make sure to keep me updated when possible! Hopefully it’s positive changes!
Happy to live in northern Europe. We have the same or better values out of the tap compared to bottled spring water in the stores. I've seen pretty horrible tap water measures in the states that you could almost chew. Some even over 1.0 EC, yuck!

Straight out of the tap here is like 25-50ppm, that's very close to RO water. We don't have chloramine's added either. In Aero I run RO but I could probably do well without using it aswell.

Cheers!

Happy to live in northern Europe. We have the same or better values out of the tap compared to bottled spring water in the stores. I've seen pretty horrible tap water measures in the states that you could almost chew. Some even over 1.0 EC, yuck!

Straight out of the tap here is like 25-50ppm, that's very close to RO water. We don't have chloramine's added either. In Aero I run RO but I could probably do well without using it aswell.

Cheers!
Lucky you!

which chapter and verse?

Back
Top Bottom