Chlorimne removal vitamin C

Canachris

I've gone thru a lot of post's on this an I'm more confused than ever. does it work ? Does it have to be the powdered ascorbic acid ? or will vitamin C tablets work, they are labeled all natural. But it also has this shite in it. I can grind em up, but not sure of how much to add to a gallon. insight, opinions, feedback is greatly appreciated

IMG_20240126_093527878.jpg

IMG_20240126_100347172.jpg

Hi 2, my tap water has monochloramin it's a combination of chlorine and ammonia. I am trying to do a organic grow with Coast of Maine Stonington blend soil and from what I've read the monochloramin can kill helpful organisms in the soil. Just trying to get ahead of problems B4 they happen

Hi 2, my tap water has monochloramin it's a combination of chlorine and ammonia. I am trying to do a organic grow with Coast of Maine Stonington blend soil and from what I've read the monochloramin can kill helpful organisms in the soil. Just trying to get ahead of problems B4 they happen
You can, but the microorganisms will grow back quickly. I use some mychorizae when I top dress as well to keep the herd happy. You can use lemon juice, but it doesnt take much and then let it sit out for a day, agitating every couple of hours.

I use an RV water filter and haven't had any problems. I also use a drop of raw, organic, unpasteurized honey in each watering to feed the microbes and (theoretically) help raise brix.

Ok, so my monochloramin is 2.00 PPM is that good or bad? I wonder if the coast of Maine ppl would have any info

Don't even bother with it. Not enough to harm soil organisms. Most tap water is below 10ppm of chlorine/chloramine once it reaches you and the usual is 2 - 6ppm so nothing needs to be done before giving it to your plants. I like to aerate my RO water before using to make sure it has as much oxygen as it will hold and that will evaporate chlorine if any in the tap water but does nothing to the monochloramin or chloramine used by many water suppliers.

I'd be more concerned with other contaminants or alkalinity in tap water than chlorine and it's compounds. A lot of tap water can be high in elements like sodium, iron, carbonates etc that will cause more problems but is still low enough to be suitable for drinking. RO or distilled water is all I've ever used to make sure water quality is never an issue.

:peace:

I don't know, Chris. It's an alien concept to me. I use only rainwater on my plants. So yeah, the contaminants. Have you researched getting some kind of filter? How may plants are you watering, and what size pots?

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm going to switch over to spring water. Poland spring water, the soil is from Maine so give em water from Maine. Also if I'm paying for water I'll be less likely to over water. There's a madness to my method

Spring water is unsuitable for cannabis plants. Cannabis plants prefer a pH adjusted nutrient solution which is changed at regular intervals and adjusted as needed as maintenance.

is spring water a better choice over the water that comes out of my faucet ? The soil I'm using said no nutrients needed for the first 8 weeks. I've been told in a living soil there's no need to be concerned about PH. seems like everyone has different opinions on soil,water,lighting,PH... they look kinda healthy... so something must be going rite

IMG_20240203_200124754.jpg

IMG_20240201_124214629~2.jpg

The municipal water supply is regulated to standards suitable for human use. Depending on the water sources the properties of pH and hardness adjusted as necessary and used as the base for the nutrient mixture with cannabis.

What is the soilless mixture composed of?

The cannabis plants appear healthy.

They look healthy to me!

Boo municipal water.

I'm not a fan of someone playing with my drinking water.

Plants will be happy as long as the pH range is appropriate. I use well water 8.5ph most of the time. I didn't notice big issues until last year. I kept chasing my tail with deficiencies. Probably cause of lockout. But I did have some plants that didn't slip a beat on high ph. Now I pH down that shit, 6.3-6.5ph

The meters I've purchased are crap. I triple check once a week meter-drops-strips, set my amount of pH down for watering.

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm going to switch over to spring water. Poland spring water, the soil is from Maine so give em water from Maine. Also if I'm paying for water I'll be less likely to over water. There's a madness to my method
Paying for water is going to get EXPENSIVE. If you insist, get a nice filter for the hose or sink.

is spring water a better choice over the water that comes out of my faucet ? The soil I'm using said no nutrients needed for the first 8 weeks. I've been told in a living soil there's no need to be concerned about PH. seems like everyone has different opinions on soil,water,lighting,PH... they look kinda healthy... so something must be going rite

IMG_20240203_200124754.jpg

IMG_20240201_124214629~2.jpg
I would use spring water, no problem in my LOS. Also as @OGpapa said above, get a filter. I would recommend "Boogie Blue Plus+" chlorine / chloramine filter. I use 5 stage filtration RO water for my garden, one of the filters is a chloramine filter that I usually buy on the Zon, the chloramines may be minimal, but why not filter them out, much better for the microbes...

Pentair Pentek ChlorPlus10 Carbon Water Filter, 10-Inch, Under Sink Chloramine Reduction Carbon Replacement Cartridge

I was already buying the spring water for myself to drink. But this time of year the water out of the faucet really good and ice cold. about 5 years ago the city replaced all the water lines in my neighborhood and the landlord replaced the line from the house to the main line. so my tap water is about as good as it gets. an the Poland spring water is only 2.99 a galvan at this time they only drink like 1/2 gal each container and it will make me be less likely to over water. it's not easy controlling that urge to water. Like I want to water em now... but they are fine, baby steps

They look healthy to me!

Boo municipal water.

I'm not a fan of someone playing with my drinking water.

Plants will be happy as long as the pH range is appropriate. I use well water 8.5ph most of the time. I didn't notice big issues until last year. I kept chasing my tail with deficiencies. Probably cause of lockout. But I did have some plants that didn't slip a beat on high ph. Now I pH down that shit, 6.3-6.5ph

The meters I've purchased are crap. I triple check once a week meter-drops-strips, set my amount of pH down for watering.
There are no premium brands when I comes to water suitable for cannabis use. A water quality report from your municipal water supply highlight the characteristics unique the the water source to be modified.

I use the HM digital PH-80 pH meter

How much are you going to be paying for spring water? The local price for RO water has gone up to $4.50/5 USG/20L jug so I need to get off my butt and install the RO system I paid over $500 for about 2 years ago and haven't got around to setting up.

All hail the King of Procrastinators!
kneelsuckers.gif

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom