Chump's First

Here is some pics from yesterday.

This is the smaller of the 2.
P1050869a.JPG

And the larger one, with a fly on it.
P1050863a.JPG

A close up of the bigger plant which is nearly a month old. Not sure if these little bumps are the sex or just another leaf ready to sprout?
P1050871a.jpg

An overhead shot of the older plant, with some of a leaf chewed up by a pest.
P1050872a.JPG

do you guys think its gnats or what kinda bugs that chew on the leaves occasionally like this one? i've seen this b4 and am wondering if it could be spiders or gnats? and if there is anyway around it, but i doubt it because you dont wanna put anything on the leaves/plant itself as far as sprays/chemicals even if its organic, i only would mist with water. i refuse now that i seen what kinda damage soap/water does to the leaves. they make them look unhealthy and basically kill them and stunt the hell out of the plant, almost killing it. well these were babies so it was even more damage, but on the one in flowering it still damaged the leaves permanently, unhealthy looking and creating spots and unhealthy leaves towards the bottom. the only reason the person did it was to get rid of the gnat infestation because it got so out of control because the person was overwatering, once he let it dry out and properly watered only 1/2 gallon MAX per wk per pot, the gnats died off. so basically that was the main problem, the over watering. do not ever spray your plants with soap water. only spray the soil if you absolutely have to.

New pics. From the pics it sure looks like the females that were pictured in the links a few posts back.

Expert opinions please? Female?

The big girl
P1050892a.JPG

Close up 1
P1050896c.jpg

Close up 2, down toward the bottom.
P1050897c.jpg

lil sis LST
P1050901s.JPG

the whole family
P1050902s.JPG

nice healthy leaves....are you feeding the plant with any nutes yet? if so, what?

New pics.

8/2/09

LST still looking female
P1060153a.JPG

Looking like a male
P1060151a.JPG

The big male
P1060146a.JPG

Upper node of big male
P1060149a.JPG

See ya later! I think I'm going to scrap him today or tomorrow. And I didn't get a good pic of the other 2 sharing a pot. Once I scrap that male, I throw the 2 smaller ones in their own pots.

i hate seeing plants when they grow these nasty male balls, yuck. it would be nice if males didnt exist at all 0%

Just got done making some cannaoil. Today is brownie making day! We're taking browines to a Halloween party Saturday. I used about an Ounce and a half of trimmings, and vaped bud. I made about a half cup of dark brown (with a green tint) oil. It smelled like spinach when sturring.

(Buffing nails) also my first :bongrip:

I've done a lot of firsts with this plant. Growing is fun!

gnome grown, thanks for stopping by. Those plants are all dead now. Though the LST just keeps giving and giving.

It does suck having to weed out the males, but I'm happy they're out there so that we can have a bunch of evil genus, mad scientist, breeders making us genetically insane, ridiculously potent strains. Helps us common folk who can only grow a few plants, get the most out of our grows.

Ms. Chump, glad to hear you are using as much of the plant as possible. MMMmmm..brownies sound so good! We didn't save any leafs off our plants as I had to spray with GoNats to rid us of the pesty beasties. Didn't want to take a chance using tainted leafs. Great job! Hope your brownies are a success!

The Brownies turned out good. Just not strong enough. We cut them small because we weren't sure how strong they would be. So, you had to eat like 4 of them just to feel it a little. Which isn't too bad, except by the 3rd one, you didn't want anymore brownie. That's okay, we'll make 'em stronger next time.

We were up last nite trimming. We harvested the last 3, last night. The Short Fat Girl was impressive. The main cola is thick and long, especially for a little plant. The Tall Fat Girl was good, lots of small but good buds. The tall skinny girl sucked. She was more work then it was worth. She had a bunch of small under developed buds, and had a few nice buds near the top.

Here's the last pics taken before the harvest.

The Short Fat Girl
P1060554a.JPG

P1060548a.JPG

The Tall Fat Girl, and The Tall Skinny Girl. You can see that the Tall Fat Girl can't even hold herself up, she would just double over if the wall wasn't there.
P1060558a.JPG

Buds of the Tall Fat Girl.
P1060565a.JPG

I'd say we got about 4 ounces from the 3. We'll have to see when dried.

Seeds are on their way here. Diesel, Aroma, and Big Bang will have a nice comfy place to hang out soon.

P1060570a.JPG

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to get some Y splitters and run my 6 bulbs through 3 fixtures. Right now I have it set up with 6 bulbs through 2 fixtures that have T style adapters.

I think the Y splitters will work much better than the T's.

You can use zip ties to secure the Y's to the fixtures, because sometimes the weight of the bulbs will require it.

can't wait to see you grow those yummy strains!

Yeah! Our seeds arrived today. Probably going to plant them tommorow on my day off. I've had good sucess just planting the seed. I think out of the 6 seeds I've planted, only 1 didn't germinate. But that was outdoors. I'm thinking I might just plant them the old fashoned way, just because trying to germinate them, (and then plant) seems like an easy way for me to screw them up. I know you're not supposed to touch them and whatever.

Who thinks I should just take my chances, plant them in the pot, and add water. Or, who thinks I should germinate them first, and then transplant them into the soil?

Oh yeah.. I got the lights worked out better. I have 6 120w eq. CFL flood lights for 3 plants. I also have room to add 4 additional bulbs to my setup using the T adapters I had originally. Do you think 2 CFL floods would be good per plant? They will be next to eachother, so they will kind of be sharing the light. But basiclly 2 lights per plant.

Back
Top Bottom