Chump's First

Well it looks like I'm gettin' in on the tail end of this one - but sure does look like ya did wonderful with the one that's harvested and still 2 more to go! :goodjob:

I hope you can get something going indoors like dfw-guy has too! My goodness did he do fantastic with small hidden areas and DIY. He has some real nice plants!

((((Granny hugs)))) and sure do hope you and the misses are enjoyin' the first rewards!

Oh yeah, we've sampled the results, a little green tasting (still curing) but massive buzz. I've only sampled a couple of the smaller buds cause they're a bit dryer then the big buds. I cant wait until it's cured all the way! Oh yeah BTW we have 3 more going, not 2 ;)

I think I like the autoflowering for outdoor, now that I think about it! Just to finish off early to avoid the frost. Plus I could maybe even do mulitple harvests per summer. Don't know yet, I have a few strains in mind for both outdoor and in.

So far for outdoors I like; Early Skunk from Sensi Seeds. Even addresses my concerns in the description. And I also like The Church from Green House. Sounds like a real nice strain, that will finish early with a good harvest.

For indoors I like Northern Lights x Big Bud by World Of Seeds. Sounds like I would get a good yeild, and good quality indoors with this strain. And maybe a White Widow, or Skunk. I like to stick with strains I've heard of, just so I can see if they're all that.

Automatic Blueberry or an Automatic AK47 sound killer! I have smoked both of those before and liked it! I've also tried Northern Lights, Diesel, Master Kush, and who knows whatever I'm rambling. :bongrip:

10/14/09
The last 3 standing.

I planted 5, and 1 was a female.
My friend gave me 10, and 3 were female with one herme.
Now we're down do the last 3 that were a gift from my friend. I think she heard me talking about doing a grow, and thought it would be fun to try herself. So she got these 10 little plants started, just to see (I think) if she could do it. Then brought them to me as a gift. I don't know if she gave up, got scared, or thought of me the whole time. But whatever the reason, it was a blessing!

Here's the short fat girl.
P1060480a.JPG

Her top half is so heavy I had to tie her to the pot cause she kept tipping it over. Can't see the yarn in this pic.
P1060485a.JPG

Here's what she looks like up close
P1060483a.JPG

Here's the tall skinny girl. Probably because she out grew her pot durring veg. She was also the last to bloom, so maybe she's just late to the party. Is it too late to transplant?

P1060488a.JPG

The tall skinny girls close up.
P1060490a.JPG

And the current Queen of the balcony. The tall thick girl.

P1060495a.JPG

She's thick with bud sites everywhere!
P1060496a.JPG

P1060500a.JPG

P1060499a.JPG

Hopefully the weather holds out for these girls. They may have survived this high humidity cold front that cut short the LST. Probably because they wern't so thick with bud yet. We're supposed to get some warm sunny days in the next few days or so.

Ms. Chump, I wouldn't do a transplant at this late time. To much stress, just better to chaulk it up to experience, maybe use bigger pots in the future. The plants look healthy and green, so hopefully they can finish before the weather turns worse. You might have to move them indoors under CFL to finish, or chop early :( . Sending sunshine your way, keep it green!

Checking the measurments of the closet I noticed that the buds are really dry. So, chopped up and weighed, the LST came in at 1.5 ounces. :skeptical: That's an ounce and a half that I now have, that I wouldn't if I didn't grow her. But I was really hoping for like double that. Oh well. I learned a lot from this grow. I think I definetly be checking out some seeds for outside. Next year is going to rock!

P1060501a.JPG

P1060503a.JPG

P1060515a.JPG

Only thing is, even if I got the bubs and the fixtures today, I don't think they will fit in my closet where I planned on growing. The short fat girl will. I'll take some measurments. Cause I may be able to get some CFLs and fixtures pretty cheap. DFW Guy had the prices from Walmart posted in his journal, and it wasn't bad.

Getting out the tape mesure...
If your going to go for some cfl action I recommend going to home depot and picking up the floodlight style CFL's they have. It was the cheapest place I've seen them for, I think around $5 per, maybe a bit less, and they were 120W lights, the highest wattage walmart carries for the floodlight cfl is 90w. The advantage flood lights have over regular spiral CFL's is that with the built in reflector there is no wasted light. My lights are hanging horizontally above my plants, when you think about it the plants are only getting a bit above 50% direct light. With the flood light style bulb 100% of the light is shined right onto the plant. If you can afford ~$5 per bulb (need at least 2 per plant, but the more the merrier) then go with the floodlight style. The advantage of using spiral cfl's is that you can place them in between your plants on the side, which is cool but you still need good lighting above.
Just my 2cents, shit in this economy it's my 1 cent lol.

EDit: Nice harvest! Any bud is better than no bud ;)

Ms. Chump, you shouldn't worry much about the bill, and don't forget to add a timer. I am assuming all are in bud, so your lights will only be 12/12. Maybe $30 bucks a month, my guess. We currently run 7-9 CFL's per chamber #1 and #3. Just added a 150watt, 2700k CFL to the #2 chamber to get more light to the sde of the Medical 1024, besides having a 400 watt cool tube from above.

Back
Top Bottom