Chump's First

Here's a pic of a small bud.

P1060478a.JPG

If you haven't dried and cured before, I suggest you read a tutorial on the various methods.

If you sneak an early tester - don't be alarmed at the hay-like taste - it's the clorophyl that hasn't finished degrading.

Enjoy, it's been a pleasure watching you work through the process this first time

:surf:

Too bad the weather gave out on me, or the bud grew too thick for the weather. Either way, it kinda stinks that this plant could have gotten bigger or better with the right conditions. I think next year, I'm going to pick a strain that finishes early. We just don't get the extended summers like we used to I guess. This strain probably came from Mexico or somewhere south.

You might want to think about autoflowering strains. Some of these finish in 60-70 days and they don't need the shorter days to flower.

Multiple harvest per season ;)

Ms. Chump Stain, don't know how I missed this grow, but I read from beginning. Sorry to hear about the early harvest. I could bring them in and put them under CFL's to finish. Just make sure they are 2700K and theywill do fine. Add a fan and you be underway with an indoor grow. You had mentioned that you would doan indoor grow this winter, still on? You did a wonderful job on the LST and the other plants are looking very healthy as well. Excellant journal and grow. +reps

Ms.Chump, we had to use money from harvest to invest into lights and equipment. Bought a little at a time to build up to where we are at so far. So, did you look into the medical yet? It is so nice knowing we can grow legally!

Yeah, my wife has the doctors note. Still have to send off $100 for the card though. Probably next week. Maybe someday we'll set up a grow as sweet as yours! I'm just stoked that we can grow outdoors now. Which now I'm seeing it's kind of tough. During the summer months it was a piece of cake. But now that the weather dropped overnight practicly, it's a battle. I think we'll get something that finishes early for next years outdoor. And maybe do some NL or something for indoor. I really don't want to go bananas right away with a ton of high powered bulbs. If I could do what, DFW Guy did with 5 CFLs over the winter, that would be sweet!

We really don't have enough to sell, and still have some for ourselves. I really just want to grow enough to not have to pay for it. After hanging out at my Dads last summer, and enjoying the nice buds, I feel like I'm getting ripped off when I buy it off the street. It's full of seeds, compressed, harsh, and you name it. I call it dirt weed.

Yeah, we're over near Detroit, I saw that you're from the GR area. Nice meeting you, and killer journal!

Ms.Chump. I appreciate the kind words. We use CFL's on all our grows, just finish them under the 400 watt HPS. Our first grow was under CFL only, and it worked out great. The Autoflowers were done under CFL, but did put them on the deck a few days when it was warm and sunny. Maybe try an autoflower strain for winter gro..10 weeks from seed to weed. Leave he lights on 24/0 or 22/2 the entire grow, just water/feed as needed. You have a great grow going, and the LST was excellant!

Back
Top Bottom