CKS Purple Kush Grow

Day 4 of going 12/12. Leaves are "greening" under the T5HO.
I'll keep them there till the roots take to the new soil. Started 2ml/Gallon Earth Juice Bloom every other feeding until the buds start to pop. Gotta store that PK before I start the ramp-up schedule.

Once the buds pop....I'll remove the T5HO and use the COB's.

I split the stem moving things around. No biggie. Just plug it and go.

1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

so I see a twist tie for sure, but is that a piece of off-colored plastic foam your using as the patch?

I've seen the "pruning wax" type products at the hydro store, but it looked like just one more product my budget can surely avoid

EDIT...I use up the twist ties that came with my tent and equipment during weeks 3-5 to ponytail some of the upper fan leaves between my two toppings of each plant

Shit is getting out of control since I flipped. Gained 4" in 3 days.

Gonna need a bigger tent. Lol.

1.jpg

I'm on Day 3 flower also and seeing similar resultants...sweet!

They grow like wildfire when you flip the switch. I'm just waiting for the buds to pop then I'm going to lower the longer branches. Some are 2 1/2 feet already. I'll bend them from the lower branches and even out the canopy before I switch on the 50,000 Lumen COBS. Not a huge fan of T5HO but they're great for a "mild even light" for re-rooting transplanted plants.

Top is trained down. I counted around 32 good cola sites that should produce massive buds. Even if I get 1/2 ounce from each cola I'll be looking at a pound.
Hopefully I'll do better than that. Crop kings "400g" per plant can happen. If you veg it right.
That's not mentioned in their ad btw. Lol.
1.jpg

That is the magic formula for sure. PK just happens to be that one smoke that addresses all my needs. She is the beauty and the beast. I miss her already...lol.

I checked out your Grow. I had a similar problem with Nitrogen early on. Apparently the Purple Kush does not like too much Nitrogen and is very particular about the ph level. I solved this by using ProMix Vegetable and Herb organic mix and by not adding any nutrients whatsoever until bloom. Just regular tap water at around pH 7.0. The veg n Herb mix contains limestone, gypsum and dolomitic lime and it keeps the pH buffered to 6.5. So if your tap water is a little bit off it will self buffer the soil back to 6.5 without creating acidity in the sphagnum peat which drops the ph too drastically. Then come bloom I add 2 mil of Earth Juice Bloom per Gallon of water to every feeding until week 3 of flower formation. After that you can double the EJ Bloom to 4 mil per gallon and finish with a PK booster/finisher like KoolBloom dry to fatten the buds for weeks 6 and 7. Weeks 8 and 9 are straight water flushes. You can harvest after week 9 is complete.
Entirely organic, except for the Koolbloom finish. But where are you gonna find a organic PK finisher with 45 Phosphorus content that doesn't fry your plants? At least KB is 5% organic. Lol.

Is she still sick? She's either dying of too wet or nute deficient

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Naw they're all good now.
I re-rooted the smallest one with a complete root wash. The other 3 are thriving and have gone to bud. 3 plants completely covering a 2x4 tent. Wall to wall canopy.

1.jpg

No nutes till 2 weeks after 12/12.
As soon as you see buds starting start the Potassium Phosphorus schedule. Throw a big PK finisher in there at week 5 of flower and flush weeks 7 and 8 if you want fatter buds.
Literally the easiest way to grow weed indoors.

Im def digging this grow. Like the comeback kid!

No kidding. The one that got the worst dose (thanks roomie) went down with one punch. Still in recovery.
The other 3 are thriving. Lights just went on. Looks like another 3" growth in 24 hrs.
1.jpg

so I see a twist tie for sure, but is that a piece of off-colored plastic foam your using as the patch?

I've seen the "pruning wax" type products at the hydro store, but it looked like just one more product my budget can surely avoid

EDIT...I use up the twist ties that came with my tent and equipment during weeks 3-5 to ponytail some of the upper fan leaves between my two toppings of each plant

Ya. It's some kind of medium density high porosity foam I picked up. I use it for making custom rapid rooter plugs for my aeroponics cloner. Hydro shop wants $1 a plug and I need 15 at a time.
1 week later the 1/2 inch deep split I accidentally caused is 100% healed. Just got to air it out and get that pigment back.
1.jpg

Budding is accelerating. Feeding every two days with 2ml per Litre. (8ml per gallon) Earth Juice bloom and 1ml per gallon Humic Acid. Ph adjusted to 6.5-7.0.
1.jpg

I've removed the T5HO and replaced it with 3 Bridgelux Vero 29 4000k COB that puts out 30,000 lumens at only 120watts. That's the same as a 400w HPS.

Be sure to visit my "How to build a 5 COB, 50,000 lumen LED array for $400.00 or less" thread in February.

2.jpg

Be sure to visit my "How to build a 5 COB, 50,000 lumen LED array for $400.00 or less" thread in February.
438fa2c111fbbb80963ac664d7e14124.jpg

Sounds kinda expensive, but IDK...I really don't.
I do know see all sorts of folks her and they be talk'n up they COB's ...

so I guess my n00b question is; Is the main advantage "lower heat production" from your lighting unit?

Because it seems like most people use several different spectrum of lighting in these home-made fixtures
And most pre-made LED fixtures seem to focus on providing different specta bulbs in the same unit, all low heat profile and for less $

EDIT...either way I'll be looking forward to your new thread on building your unit.
I need a new light source for 2x4 VEG space that I just got going and I don't really care if it cost me $50 or $400 if it does the job I need it to for a couple years to come. And that is a COOL source of GOOD VEG light that requires minimum venting to remove heat.

Back
Top Bottom