Cloning without rooting hormone

Couldn't resist chipping in. :nomo:

Here outdoors in the Mediterranean, I just trim 'em off the plant, strip the stem a little to encourage root growth, pop 'em in water, into the cold frame (which is good and humid) and within a week or so, I'm potting up a cutting with roots.
ahh yep. Im Maltese and my grandparents used to do the same thing. Unfortunately can't do that here where we migrated to atm. too cold

cut off 5/26 , put in water bottle Ro water with PH to 5.8, no slant cut, no stem strip, no leaf clip, no dome, no water sprayed, no heater, 50%RH and 74F, 18-6 with a 15watt desk LED light for 8 days, in soil now, under same light for a few days, then raising PH to 6.2. ----- now take a close look, see where the roots first formed? When you cut at an angle, you remove and damage 30% of the area the roots first like to grow from. They look just as perfect as the day i cut them off the plant.

yeah, but what ive found is, when u water, the water runs out the top, so if you flip them around, the closed holes are at the top, and wont allow the water to run out, plus, with the holes at the bottom, it allows air to get under your pots for A- mold reduction possibilities and B- better air prune of the roots that grow thru the bottom.

PS: I freakin love these pots, just the easy of transplanting, and cleaning to reuse, might be one of the best grower inventions ever,lol.

A friend of mine is a kind of witch botanist. She uses saliva and cinnamon to promote root growth on clones. I've tried it on Cannabis clones and it worked fine. Cheap stuff...

Mate you can literally just chop a branch off and stick it straight in the same pot. No trimming or pissing about, just chop and pot.
Too many people over complicate cloning. Just don't put them in direct light for a week or so and they should work with just water.
I do it in root riots which are completely nutes free and just feed 48ppm tap water at ph 7.2 and they work every time.
The one I done the other week went into 300ppm coco under the shade of the mother and she's pretty healthy.

yeah, but what ive found is, when u water, the water runs out the top, so if you flip them around, the closed holes are at the top, and wont allow the water to run out, plus, with the holes at the bottom, it allows air to get under your pots for A- mold reduction possibilities and B- better air prune of the roots that grow thru the bottom.

PS: I freakin love these pots, just the easy of transplanting, and cleaning to reuse, might be one of the best grower inventions ever,lol.

I'll check em out when I get home tonight I think mine only have one row of no holes and that's at the top. But I'm not positive. I've heard of people using pantyhose to keep the medium in but mine hasn't run out very much yet. Still only get watered once a week or so right now

ok, from the pic, it looks like the screw is on the very top row, thats why i asked, mine have 2 no hole rows,

ok, just thought id say something just incase bro, all good, grow on,

If the blue clasp was at the bottom it would keep the pot tilted as it protrudes.
Is that meant to be in the middle then?
Just curious mate. Never hurts to learn something:)

I tryed them in all the holes, to test to see any difference, and ended up just putting 3rd row from the top. the bottom keeps the bottom pretty sturdy, so thought the most top, or 3rd row was best. Nice and sturdy.

when i first put them together and use 1, i had the open hole end topside, and water would shot right out the top holes, so i turned them around, and now never have over flow. I didnt read the instructions, so im not sure what they said,lol.

Back
Top Bottom