Cloning

Doing good Bill. Hope all is well with you and yours. I'm a happy camper with what looks like might be a very successful first grow attempt. This is stressful stuff, lol. Love this 420 site. Lots of very helpful and knowledgeable people willing to share the art of growing. I have five White widow and five papaya glue seeds for my next attempt. Probably grow two of each. I bought this hydroponic kit, I think I'm going to try hydroponics next time. Have you ever done hydroponics or use these pots before Bill?

Screenshot_20220908_011906_com.android.chrome.jpg
I have seen them around, and a couple members are using them successfully.
I run coco, Bill284 Method it's way easier than dwc and I can get equivalent growth.
So I haven't gone straight dwc for that reason.
I've spent 5 years perfecting this Method it's terrific for new growers so easy.
That's why no straight dwc.
There are lots of dwc growers here to help when your ready.
Addictive hobby isn't it. :rofl:
Take care. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Doing good Bill. Hope all is well with you and yours. I'm a happy camper with what looks like might be a very successful first grow attempt. This is stressful stuff, lol. Love this 420 site. Lots of very helpful and knowledgeable people willing to share the art of growing. I have five White widow and five papaya glue seeds for my next attempt. Probably grow two of each. I bought this hydroponic kit, I think I'm going to try hydroponics next time. Have you ever done hydroponics or use these pots before Bill?

Screenshot_20220908_011906_com.android.chrome.jpg
I switched to running only DWC around four years ago. After you figure your strains needs it is a set it and forget it system. I fill the bucket sized res, then top with water once over the next month. Topping is how I balance the PH. At one month the res is done and the plant is 2 foot tall. That is the limit for those buckets. At 26 inches the res starts going all over the place on PH, water level and EC. Full water change and the next day it will be off again. So the plants get lifted out and dropped into a 35 gal res for flowering. Top with water and a few boosters 3 or 4 times over the next 10 weeks then harvest. Low maintenance and fast growth if your res is big enough for the plant. The second it gets to big for the res it will cause havoc.

That system would be great for small autos or veg only on larger plants. Use a large tote res if you are going bigger. My 35 gal res is stable with 4 square foot canopy.

Here is what I'm thinking of doing with the 4 pots. 2 drains in the side / bottom of each pot all tied into each other and then into the reservoir bucket in the middle with a pump in the bottom to have constant circulation of water and nutrients throughout the system. Another fitting in the side / bottom of the reservoir bucket with a clear hose coming up the outside of the pot to keep track of water levels in the other four pots and reservoir. Should work. What y'all think of the setup?

16626593035234208327563735061465.jpg

Here is what I'm thinking of doing with the 4 pots. 2 drains in the side / bottom of each pot all tied into each other and then into the reservoir bucket in the middle with a pump in the bottom to have constant circulation of water and nutrients throughout the system. Another fitting in the side / bottom of the reservoir bucket with a clear hose coming up the outside of the pot to keep track of water levels in the other four pots and reservoir. Should work. What y'all think of the setup?

16626593035234208327563735061465.jpg
Looks workable!
How are you planning on creating circulation? I did a similar system last winter- used some old kitty litter boxes for a "proof of concept" type run. Worked well enough that I'll be remaking it this winter.
A few things of note:
You don't need to spend the extra for the fancy buckets if your going to make it into a RDWC. Save the bucks, and get square buckets. I ordered mine from Uline.ca (there's plenty of places to get them from). I recommend square vs round in RDWC as you'll get better fitting on your bulkheads (less leaks).
Speaking of bulkheads, what size line are you planning to run?
Most do large diameter to get a good undercurrent going. I didn't, I just used a 3/4 line.
Check daily in your bottom lines for roots entering the pipes, as a clogged pipe = flooded grow area (which is why many use larger diameter bottom piping).

I did mine simple as this:
1 bucket was the control bucket. It housed the pumps. 1 pump to chiller, 1 pump to recirculate the nutes via a waterfall effect (you can see it in one of the pics below). I also used that bucket to drain the system (I have a spare pump I dropped in to pump it dry).

Hope this helps, ask if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to answer. I do tend to miss notifications, so feel free to PM and/or tag me whenever!

Looks workable!
How are you planning on creating circulation? I did a similar system last winter- used some old kitty litter boxes for a "proof of concept" type run. Worked well enough that I'll be remaking it this winter.
A few things of note:
You don't need to spend the extra for the fancy buckets if your going to make it into a RDWC. Save the bucks, and get square buckets. I ordered mine from Uline.ca (there's plenty of places to get them from). I recommend square vs round in RDWC as you'll get better fitting on your bulkheads (less leaks).
Speaking of bulkheads, what size line are you planning to run?
Most do large diameter to get a good undercurrent going. I didn't, I just used a 3/4 line.
Check daily in your bottom lines for roots entering the pipes, as a clogged pipe = flooded grow area (which is why many use larger diameter bottom piping).

I did mine simple as this:
1 bucket was the control bucket. It housed the pumps. 1 pump to chiller, 1 pump to recirculate the nutes via a waterfall effect (you can see it in one of the pics below). I also used that bucket to drain the system (I have a spare pump I dropped in to pump it dry).

Hope this helps, ask if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to answer. I do tend to miss notifications, so feel free to PM and/or tag me whenever!

As for your circulation question. I'm going to use two of these in each bucket and the reservoir. The pump in the reservoir will be hooked up to both of these, one to push water out through the system and the other to suck it back into the reservoir bucket. Just pumping water and nutrients in one big circular loop.

IMG_20220908_142903.jpg

As for your circulation question. I'm going to use two of these in each bucket and the reservoir. The pump in the reservoir will be hooked up to both of these, one to push water out through the system and the other to suck it back into the reservoir bucket. Just pumping water and nutrients in one big circular loop.

IMG_20220908_142903.jpg
Ok, is that a 3/4 inch?
I *think* you may have some issues with unequal pressure. If you do have problems, try doing as I did, run a line around the top, attach a pump and do a waterfall. No bottom pump needed, and only requires the one pump. I used 1/2 on a Vivosun pump.

Ok, is that a 3/4 inch?
I *think* you may have some issues with unequal pressure. If you do have problems, try doing as I did, run a line around the top, attach a pump and do a waterfall. No bottom pump needed, and only requires the one pump. I used 1/2 on a Vivosun pump.
I have a indoor soil grow right now going on so this hydroponic setup I was thinking about won't be for another four or five months. This is just an idea that I came up with and any suggestions and previous knowledge is welcoming. Still more listening and research to do before I actually build it. But I appreciate all the feedback very much. And yes that is 3/4 but nothing's set in stone. Still in the gathering outside knowledge, planning and developing stage. Could easily go up to 1"or whatever diameter works the best.

Looking for your thoughts. My 1 plant is just starting to get the odd number of amber trichomes. I flushed the heck out of it with 10 gallons of Ph plain water at a time over the last few days. I'm going to be watching it over the next few days until I get maybe 20% amber's. Then I will keep it in the dark for 2 or 3 days until I chop it down. Or should I put it in the dark now as I've read they can change pretty quickly?

Looking for your thoughts. My 1 plant is just starting to get the odd number of amber trichomes. I flushed the heck out of it with 10 gallons of Ph plain water at a time over the last few days. I'm going to be watching it over the next few days until I get maybe 20% amber's. Then I will keep it in the dark for 2 or 3 days until I chop it down. Or should I put it in the dark now as I've read they can change pretty quickly?
Have all the pistils turned red and crinkled in?
Do not chop until your white pistils are gone.
Trics are not the sole indicator of when to harvest.
Get us a good shot of the whole bud so we can tell.
Hope your everything is going well today my friend.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Bud pictures for you Bill. The first picture is what I was going by for the Tricks.

Screenshot_20220912_062336_com.android.chrome.jpg

IMG_20220912_061112.jpg

IMG_20220912_061102.jpg

IMG_20220912_061034_BURST001_COVER.jpg

IMG_20220912_061034_BURST002.jpg

IMG_20220912_061017.jpg

IMG_20220912_060935.jpg

IMG_20220912_060908.jpg

IMG_20220912_060849.jpg
For some reason the pics didn't appear?
Can you try again please.

Stay safe