Cloning

OK, so 2 liters is about 1/2 gallon, and for 7 gal pots and almost 3 ft tall plants, that doesn't sound like enough water. You can imagine that the roots are filling those pots now. Good thing you have fabric pots, cuz they drain really well and the roots auto-prune away from the side of the pot.

I follow the wet/dry cycle method of watering, which is to give them a thorough watering, and then let them reach a dry point, and this can be determined by feeling the weight of the pot – I usually just lift one side of my pots to get a feel. If you wait too long, you'll see some droop.

I'm an outdoor grower, and I use about 2 gallons (incl. nutes) on my 5 or 6 gal pots. Then I let them dry out, repeat. For my 15 gal pots, I use 4 or 5 gallons (incl. nutes). Following the wet/dry cycle method, I end up watering more often as the plants get bigger, which is normal because they need more water and nutes.

Regarding runoff in an indoor grow, I'm going to call in some other experts... @Azimuth @Bill284 @bluter @InTheShed @HappyHazmat88 :ciao:

happy growing! 🪴
Good morning @cbdhemp808 I'm not 100 sure what the question is.
You must water slowly until you have decent runoff every single time you water.
Roots are at the bottom of the pot.
You have to feed them all.
And it's important for washing salts that build up out of her.
Definitely more than 2 litres.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Good morning @cbdhemp808 I'm not 100 sure what the question is.
Good morning to you my friend! well, it's 8:15pm here in Hawaii :ciao:

The OP's grow is in a tent, and I was wondering best way to deal with runoff in the tent. InTheShed says use a wet/dry vac – makes total sense, unless you are in a situation where you can set up a drain pan and tube to the outside.

Good morning to you my friend! well, it's 8:15pm here in Hawaii :ciao:

The OP's grow is in a tent, and I was wondering best way to deal with runoff in the tent. InTheShed says use a wet/dry vac – makes total sense, unless you are in a situation where you can set up a drain pan and tube to the outside.
I used oil change pans from the dollar store.
Put a rack across and set the bag on it.
Water drips into pan.
Then I have a little shop vac for when they fill.
Easy. :thumb:

Stay safe

happy we could help! looking forward to seeing your new setup. :)

IMG_20220831_183727.jpg

IMG_20220831_183750.jpg

IMG_20220831_183702.jpg

IMG_20220831_183421.jpg

I've had clones that looked much worse. These clones I did a couple months ago. This is how the plants look now.
44.JPG
14-360                  4-29-22.JPG
14-448.JPG
Yup it works out that way on a Good Day's Grow!! :yummy: Might I add? THATS A Beautiful Save on the clones!! :thumb:

your plants are lookin' great!

Update with the racks, zip ties so they don't move. First grow here, 2nd week into flower. What ya all think. Looks normal ?
Garden looks great, growing in nice and healthy.
Look well fed, on track :thumb:
Good work.
Is that coco?

Stay safe

Thanks Bill248. It is a mix of 60% good soil, 30% Coco husk and 10% perlite.
When you add coco to soil it can effect the pH required to feed them.
Looks like 30 % isn't that bad.
Just be wary in the future, don't add too much coco to your soil. 😉
Take care.

Stay safe

Doing good Bill. Hope all is well with you and yours. I'm a happy camper with what looks like might be a very successful first grow attempt. This is stressful stuff, lol. Love this 420 site. Lots of very helpful and knowledgeable people willing to share the art of growing. I have five White widow and five papaya glue seeds for my next attempt. Probably grow two of each. I bought this hydroponic kit, I think I'm going to try hydroponics next time. Have you ever done hydroponics or use these pots before Bill?

Screenshot_20220908_011906_com.android.chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom