Colloidal Silver & THC Bombs Auto Crossing With Reg Blue Blood

I am in for sure, I have been wanting to play with creating my own feminized seeds.

I have a large THC Bomb in my yard (larger than expected or than the breeder suggested) that lost a lower limb so I took cuttings off it to see if they would root outside.

Hybred Garden seems a wealth of knowledge in this area so I have a question. I may be wrong in my thinking but if I take 2 clones from the same plant, treat one as the Professor did to get pollen and bred her back to herself, would I not essentially get clones of that plant in a seed form?

Without knowing the genetic background of the Bomb we can only guess what it's made of, but when you self it you are going to find out. :winkyface:

My guess is it's a hybrid. When you self it you'll more than likely end up with a 1/2/1 ratio, ie 25% look like one parent, 25% look like the other parent, and 50% will be a combination of the 2 plants.

The only way it would turn out as a clone of the mother is if you were homozygous over the 10 alleles.

As an example lets label them A to J

AA, BB, CC, DD, EE, FF, GG, HH, II, JJ - In this example we have all dominant genes and selfing would produce offspring that bred very true.

aa, bb, cc, dd, ee, ff, gg, hh, ii, jj - In this example we have all recessive genes and selfing would produce offspring that bred very true.

Now lets say these are the parents of the Bomb, when they are crossed each parent contributes 50% of the genes so we get,

Aa, Bb, Cc, Dd, Ee, Ff, Gg, Hh, Ii, Jj.

This plant would look pretty much like the dominant gene parent, as the dominant gene masks the recessive gene.

Now when we self it, as we are only combining genes from one plant so we end up with say

aa, bb, CC, dd, EE, FF, gg, HH, ii, JJ

As you can see we now have both dominant and recessive genes expressing themselves and this is where the variation in genotype occurs, resulting in different phenotype expression in the F2 generation. Even though we haven't added any new genes to the mix, the way the different genes interact results in very different looking plants from the original parents.

Now selfing this plant will produce plants that look very similar in appearance.

Sounds simple right? Well it is, but those letters we are using represent 1 gene on each allele. So far we know that Cannabis has about 30, 000 genes so for simplicity each allele has 3000 genes on it :laugh:

Now don't be discouraged, because in the F2 generation is where we find the elite combinations.

Sure, you'll find plants that look like the Bomb, but you'll also find super rare recessive combinations, maybe that one in a million cut.

Take your clone and self it, make a heap of pollen, then fertilise the other clone to make seed. Make heaps of seeds. like 500 to 1000. These are your S1 generation

Grab about 400 of those tiny little pots they use in garden centers, the ones that are like an inch round by 2 inches deep and sprout 400 seeds. put them in a grid of 20 pots by 20 pots. It will take up very little room, can even be done in a 4 x 4 growtent.

Now watch them sprout. when the first set of leaves grow look for anything that is radically different. There may only be one or two, but these are what we are looking for, the rare gene combinations. Set these aside.

Now place the others into groups that are similar in appearance. Take photo's. Now as they grow cull hard. Anything that looks less vigorous than the others kill it. Anything you don't like the look of kill it.

As you cut the numbers, start to pot them up. A 10 by 10 grid of 4 inch pots will still fit in a 4 x 4 tent. Keep them growing, select for traits you like, kill the ones that show traits you don't like. More photo's.

In the end you want to keep enough plants to fill your grow room. If you can fit 16 keep 16, if you can only fit 9, keep nine.

Now grow them out. take a clone of each and self every plant.

Harvest and do your smoke tests. Pick the best 4 plants. Label them say line 1, 2, 3, 4.You are now working with your top 1% of your genetic pool. The seeds are your S2 generation.

75% of your S2 plants will be homozygous.

Now pick 2 of the 4 lines of seeds and grow 4 of each. total of 8 plants.

Grow these out and make some crosses between the different lines.

You have just created at least 2 killer hybrid lines which will be uniform in appearance, have hybrid vigor and are probably much better quality than the Bomb ever was, without adding any new genes to the genepool.

I agree hg brilliant .. Can i ask now that i have pollinated a couple of branches of my blueblood regular with my thc bomb pollen , hoping for at least 15/20 seeds how can i make the blue blood thc bomb auto ? i have stored the pollen in fridge and freezer , it should be female pollen , can i keep pollinating the of spring off the blue blood with this pollen to make the mix of the 2 but autos , :hmmmm:

I agree hg brilliant .. Can i ask now that i have pollinated a couple of branches of my blueblood regular with my thc bomb pollen , hoping for at least 15/20 seeds how can i make the blue blood thc bomb auto ? i have stored the pollen in fridge and freezer , it should be female pollen , can i keep pollinating the of spring off the blue blood with this pollen to make the mix of the 2 but autos , :hmmmm:

Oops, you asked this in the breeding for seeds thread, though I probably should have responded here. I know you read it but I'll post a link to the info here in case people reading this thread are interested.

Breeding for Seeds - Hybrid Vigour vs Stabilizing the Strain

Hey Paddy,,, hope you have a pint and a puff today!! I got my collodial in the mail today. Mines 50ppm, was thinking I could dilute down a bit w RO, or leave it.

Have a good amount and very good sprayer so I want to get the most out of it.

One question...I have a auto I just harvested but left popcorn growing,, thinking I might hit it with the colloidal,,,and see what I get? After a few weeks,, hate to ruin the bud,, but auto seeds would be killer ;)

What do you think about that? There are like four branches left with four lower buds, plant is almost 80 days,, but I harvested the majority a few days ago, like I said.

Thank you buddy!!

Hey Paddy,,, hope you have a pint and a puff today!! I got my collodial in the mail today. Mines 50ppm, was thinking I could dilute down a bit w RO, or leave it.

Have a good amount and very good sprayer so I want to get the most out of it.

One question...I have a auto I just harvested but left popcorn growing,, thinking I might hit it with the colloidal,,,and see what I get? After a few weeks,, hate to ruin the bud,, but auto seeds would be killer ;)

What do you think about that? There are like four branches left with four lower buds, plant is almost 80 days,, but I harvested the majority a few days ago, like I said.

Thank you buddy!!

i think it might be too late to try reverse the plant , would be waste of CS spray , i started my auto as soon as it showed its first pistols, with a regular plant you start to spray a week before the flip .so really you could be waiting 3/4 weeks for balls , then another 2 weeks to harvest the pollen , then 4/6 weeks for seeds , it might not live that long mate , if you dont mind wasting a bit of spray you can try ;)
because i had the pollen and stored from my reversed plant i was able to take off the best buds from my other autos and pollinate them,
the best way would be to get two female autos reverse one then do the other plant you could pull of at least 300 seeds mate :) then save the pollen for when you harvest plants in the future for the pop corns :thumb:

Thanks buddy!

If you can find any branches on the plant that has a chance to grow another node, this is where your bananas will grow from, typically they will be the bottom branches. I would say go for it, doesn't really hurt to try and growing another plant up would take a lot of time.

You should make your own colloidal silver though, this is such an easy process! Grab a used adapter from one of your devices, Wifi Router, Chargers, etc... Almost any of them would work! buy a silver coin from a shop and cut it in half. You can buy the alligator clips from Walmart for a buck. That's all it takes to generate unlimited amount of colloidal silver.

or grab some 9 volt batteries , some 99.9 % silver rods , some distilled water , clips , and hey hooo there you go :thumb:, i made some befor but pulled out of the plan because of other reasons , just as easy to buy ad get what strength you want :)

P10606702.JPG
P10606703.JPG
P10606771.JPG
P10606781.JPG
P10606791.JPG
P10606951.JPG

holy crap im getting hundreds of seeds , didnt expect so many

hard to see in pictures , i hope the ones i harvested get enough time to produce the seeds , if so then ill be doing that from now on and not even gona try harvest pop corn buds , ill just use them for extra seeds

P1070926.JPG
P1070927.JPG
P1070925.JPG
P1070924.JPG

good day every one , today i picked off some of the mature seeds from the first thc bomb , in total the are 23 ripe seeds , i think by next weekend there will be a lot more to follow , the second thc bomb that i harvested is showing good signs of seed building , the last 2 i chopped i ended up harvesting as ive plenty of seeds and i might as well get that bit of smoke lol

i want to do these seeds asap as i am hoping they are defo all female from reversing the first plant :thumb:

P1070957.JPG
P1070958.JPG
P1070959.JPG
P1070960.JPG
P1070961.JPG
P1070963.JPG
P1070964.JPG
P1070965.JPG
P1070962.JPG
P1070970.JPG

Back
Top Bottom