Come and see my worst growth ever

MrMiguardi

420 Member
NOTE: This is not an help request, i want just to tell the story behind my actual growth, definitively the worst I've ever had.
This is actually my 4th run and i'm growing a no THC strain, sterile hydroponic.
In the last 3 run i learned a lot of thing, nute balancing, drying, curing... and the overall quality of the final product was very high.

In fact my CBD bud achieved a great success among my friend that i am seriously considering opening a business about them since where i live (north-east Italy) there is no hydroponic farming culture and people absoltely don't know what quality cannabis is (CBD only of course).

In this grow a series of error and bad luck occour, but it's ok to be wrong! plant are not dying at the moment, they are slowly recovering and i don't want to throw away some good seeds.

1) my oscillating fan died at the start of the grow this created some humid spot in the grow room, possible mold and lack of wind to stimulate leaf and stem;

2) my Air pump clogged up, i noticed only ad day 30, this probably cause a lack of oxigen in the root zone and a slow grow of the plant and the root zone;

3) a added an alfalfa foliar feed, following a scientific study and for some reason te plant don't like it... i don't know why since i followed a well tested recipe but it resulted in burned leaf, weird spot (mold like) and a total stop in growing.
every time i sprayed the plant thay stopped or slowed the grow rate terribly (as you can see from the image)
I figured out about the problem only this week, so i stopped spraying and they seems to be recovering.

The result are this plant (pics are from days 37 from seed)

DSC_0300.JPG

This one look horrible, brown spot everywhere but actually seems stable and restarted growing, upper new leaf appear pale but stable and growing (slow).
Root are ok, i noticed some strange stuff on it a day but i cleaned well with h2o2 and all seems ok now.
Anyway i'm feeding it manually untile i see a nice growth rate.

DSC_0302.JPG

In this one there is a strange mold like stuff on the leaves, i cleaned it away and sprayed (all the plant) with insecticidal soap and h2o2.
Now the leaves appear weird but seems stable.
Burned leaf are result of the too much alfalfa in my foliar feed

DSC_0301.JPG

This is my worst plant ever, slighty younger compared to others (30day from seed) but was afflicted very bad from alfalfa spray.
the first spray come when this plant was too young and the lack of oxygen from the root resulted in this things...
The leaf opened up a bit in the last days (they look like rosemary at the beginning XD) and new leaf seems to be growing.
I'm manually feeding this plant avery two days since is root hasn not reached the water yet (no root after 30 days... sigh)

Beside the horrible result of this run, i really love this world!

Thx for all the comment guys :thumb:

Actually i'm in days 45, plant look way better than the photo, nice and green, new leaf are growing and i feel positive.
Even the last horrible plant are growing, this one probably won't produce many bud beacuse of the root system much smaller than the other plant but i will continue to raise her with love.

This run i probably will have an absurd 80/90days long veg stage but this is not a problem.

Thx @Tokin Roll
Actually i'm growing 4 plant in a 1.2x1.2m tent (4x4) with some plan to upgrade to 8 or 10 plant in future and use the whole room.
I struggled a lot in the first two run to find an effective nute recipe that allows me to use the samewater for all the life cycle with no issue and a great quality but i figured out, now i'm moving foward experimenting with light intensity and type with nice result.

NOTE: This is not an help request, i want just to tell the story behind my actual growth, definitively the worst I've ever had.
This is actually my 4th run and i'm growing a no THC strain, sterile hydroponic.
In the last 3 run i learned a lot of thing, nute balancing, drying, curing... and the overall quality of the final product was very high.

In fact my CBD bud achieved a great success among my friend that i am seriously considering opening a business about them since where i live (north-east Italy) there is no hydroponic farming culture and people absoltely don't know what quality cannabis is (CBD only of course).

In this grow a series of error and bad luck occour, but it's ok to be wrong! plant are not dying at the moment, they are slowly recovering and i don't want to throw away some good seeds.

1) my oscillating fan died at the start of the grow this created some humid spot in the grow room, possible mold and lack of wind to stimulate leaf and stem;

2) my Air pump clogged up, i noticed only ad day 30, this probably cause a lack of oxigen in the root zone and a slow grow of the plant and the root zone;

3) a added an alfalfa foliar feed, following a scientific study and for some reason te plant don't like it... i don't know why since i followed a well tested recipe but it resulted in burned leaf, weird spot (mold like) and a total stop in growing.
every time i sprayed the plant thay stopped or slowed the grow rate terribly (as you can see from the image)
I figured out about the problem only this week, so i stopped spraying and they seems to be recovering.

The result are this plant (pics are from days 37 from seed)

DSC_0300.JPG

This one look horrible, brown spot everywhere but actually seems stable and restarted growing, upper new leaf appear pale but stable and growing (slow).
Root are ok, i noticed some strange stuff on it a day but i cleaned well with h2o2 and all seems ok now.
Anyway i'm feeding it manually untile i see a nice growth rate.

DSC_0302.JPG

In this one there is a strange mold like stuff on the leaves, i cleaned it away and sprayed (all the plant) with insecticidal soap and h2o2.
Now the leaves appear weird but seems stable.
Burned leaf are result of the too much alfalfa in my foliar feed

DSC_0301.JPG

This is my worst plant ever, slighty younger compared to others (30day from seed) but was afflicted very bad from alfalfa spray.
the first spray come when this plant was too young and the lack of oxygen from the root resulted in this things...
The leaf opened up a bit in the last days (they look like rosemary at the beginning XD) and new leaf seems to be growing.
I'm manually feeding this plant avery two days since is root hasn not reached the water yet (no root after 30 days... sigh)

Beside the horrible result of this run, i really love this world!
You are right! That grow is horrendous!! My condolences!!!

Thx @Phytoplankton,
Now plant look way better, the issue was 100% foliar feed related.
When i stopped doing alfalfa spray the plant recovered quite well, low quality alfalfa or too a strong dose.
The last plant (the smaller one) probably got heavily damaged by the spray more then the other, now it's growing but the leaf are long and thin similar to a needle.
Today i'm gonna top 3 plant that officially entered in veg mode, the last plant will do what she can.

I will post a new photo at some point to compare the grow.

My first couple of of hydro grows were a failure, first in DWC, then in COCO, so I think it's a learning experience. My goal is to have both, an indoor, and an outdoor greenhouse as well. I am dedicating my life to cultivation, and to help others be successful.

We learn from every run whether it's successful or we encounter problems.

I would say I’ve learned far more from my failures than my successes, both in life and in growing. Likely because I’m the type of person who needs to burn my own hand to believe the stove is hot 😂

I would say I’ve learned far more from my failures than my successes, both in life and in growing. Likely because I’m the type of person who needs to burn my own hand to believe the stove is hot 😂
I'm exactly the same. If someone says "that won't work", "you'll struggle" etc etc. I have to give it a go. 🤣 Even when I know the chance of success is slim.

Back
Top Bottom