Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

Re: Come SOG with me. 112 plant, 2 liter, Hempy SOG

:popcorn: I was uploading pics myself and saw that you recently uploaded some. Wish I could have seen the ultimate guerrilla grow get done last year but Sh*t happens! Your aero grow was inspirational and look very much forward to this grow.

Questions:

Why multiple holes in each hempy bottle?

What was your decision to go with the 3 part GH flora series over just using Micro and Bloom a la "The Lucas Formula"?

:popcorn: I was uploading pics myself and saw that you recently uploaded some. Wish I could have seen the ultimate guerrilla grow get done last year but Sh*t happens! Your aero grow was inspirational and look very much forward to this grow.

Questions:

Why multiple holes in each hempy bottle?

What was your decision to go with the 3 part GH flora series over just using Micro and Bloom a la "The Lucas Formula"?

Multiple small holes were just what I went with and I don't think it would matter either way. Each plant takes about 8 ounces of water so there's very little runoff anyway.

I just wanted to try the GH 3 part series as I've read good things on it. Plus, the Advanced series is pretty pricey.

It's good to see you again.

Right now I'm following the GH 3 part chart and adding 2.5 ML of all 3 parts per gallon of water.

Each plant takes approx 8 ounces of water before runoff begins to seep out of the holes.

I simply mix a gallon full of nutes then transfer it to my 24 ounce bottle which holds enough feed 3 plants, and then feed them by hand.

feeding_dose1.JPG

feeding_2.JPG

More to come later....

I'm excited to see how this turns out!

A question on the feeding: do you feed with nutes each time you water, or do you just feed with water sometimes?

I have 6 babies in soil and, if I can find some bulk, coarse perlite, I may give the hempy style of growing a shot when they're ready to transplant in a few weeks. Great pics.

Good plan, good nutes; I've gotton good results with GH, both Lucas and from the chart on the back. As good but no better from H&G w/ full additives and simply base all the way through. My recent crop came in nicely with some very old one-part Hydrofarm Bloom powder @one tsp per 2 gal bucket of city tap.
I had room in my box for something else, so I put in two no-veg starts. They finished @ 12" in 3.5" sq pots of coir. I hope you don't mind my photo in your journal, but they are like what you seem to be headed for:
000_1730.JPG

I appreciate the clone tutorial. I picked up most of the supplies I need to build a small aero cloner, I'm going with a 5 gal bucket and building a small sprayer system with 1/2" pvc. I'm hoping to fit 10-12 sites in the machine, I might even go with 1" holes just to save space. I had great luck using juffy pucks, but when those were out of season I picked up some grodan cubes and have had off and on luck with them. I'm hoping the aero bucket will take the guess factor out, especially since I won't have to wait 3 weeks to realize there isn't a single bump on the stem lol

Do you mix anything in the cloner res or just plain water?

I'm in agreement with TheCrimsonK20, Thanks for sharing on cloning. I want to try and take some clones on the next grow and this has helped a lot. +Rep to you sir!

:thanks:

I'm excited to see how this turns out!

A question on the feeding: do you feed with nutes each time you water, or do you just feed with water sometimes?

I have 6 babies in soil and, if I can find some bulk, coarse perlite, I may give the hempy style of growing a shot when they're ready to transplant in a few weeks. Great pics.

Much has been written on this and several Hempy growers have developed their own schedule. Some growers will do as follows:

Feed, Feed, light feed, flush, water, water, and then repeat. Other growers feed with every watering. This is my first experience with Hempy but I've been growing MJ(this strain in particular) for years, and I know how to read my plants so I will let them decide if changes to my decided feeding regimen need to be made.

I've decided to feed with every watering at this point. I'll flush after every 3rd or 4th feeding. Right now I'm watering them every other day but as the roots get established, the waterings/feedings will become more frequent, or every day.

I've read posts by Hempy himself and he feeds with every watering so I've decided to copy that unless my plants become unhappy. I do think that there are several combinations that will work though.

Stick around and we will learn together.

Good plan, good nutes; I've gotton good results with GH, both Lucas and from the chart on the back. As good but no better from H&G w/ full additives and simply base all the way through. My recent crop came in nicely with some very old one-part Hydrofarm Bloom powder @one tsp per 2 gal bucket of city tap.
I had room in my box for something else, so I put in two no-veg starts. They finished @ 12" in 3.5" sq pots of coir. I hope you don't mind my photo in your journal, but they are like what you seem to be headed for:
000_1730.JPG

No problem at all Prop. Your plants are a perfect example of what I'm shooting for. Thank you for adding them. The clones are 4-6 inches high now and I suspect they will finish in the 14-18 inch range.

I appreciate the clone tutorial. I picked up most of the supplies I need to build a small aero cloner, I'm going with a 5 gal bucket and building a small sprayer system with 1/2" pvc. I'm hoping to fit 10-12 sites in the machine, I might even go with 1" holes just to save space. I had great luck using juffy pucks, but when those were out of season I picked up some grodan cubes and have had off and on luck with them. I'm hoping the aero bucket will take the guess factor out, especially since I won't have to wait 3 weeks to realize there isn't a single bump on the stem lol

Do you mix anything in the cloner res or just plain water?

You're quite welcome. That's plain city tap water that runs at 110 PPM out of the spigot. I ph it to 6 and it works like a charm with no additives.

I'm in agreement with TheCrimsonK20, Thanks for sharing on cloning. I want to try and take some clones on the next grow and this has helped a lot. +Rep to you sir!

:thanks:

Thanks a lot! I hope your clones thrive for you.

Damn,what a setup!
Looks awesome,love the 2 litter idea!
Im sub'd and will be watching this thing closey,great job! :)

Thanks a lot. I hope to see you here again.

Good growing
:hookah:

my problem is getting my hands on 2 liter bottles lol. Gonna have to just start drinking them

If your town has a recycling center that's a great place to get them. I drove around our neighborhood on trash day and raided the recycle bins haha.

Hey 420fied I've been thinking about you and here you are! I often miss new grows because of the way I usually look at threads here. Your setup looks awesome.

I'm having the same issue you are, my clones weren't all ready at the same time and now I have almost a 2 week age difference. Also your clones have nicer roots than mine did, I feel like I really rushed and screwed that part up, unfortunately I had a nasty flu for weeks and didn't have the energy to do it right. Oh well. My oldest are now on day 14 of 12/12.

You're going to defoliate at 16 days? Jrosek was saying 21 days last I read, he also said he thinks it really slows down stretch. I don't know what to think, the fan leaves are really starting to get in the way but I want them to keep stretching, the tallest are only 11".

Good luck bro I'll be here watching & learning :smokin:

If your town has a recycling center that's a great place to get them. I drove around our neighborhood on trash day and raided the recycle bins haha.

Hey 420fied I've been thinking about you and here you are! I often miss new grows because of the way I usually look at threads here. Your setup looks awesome.

I'm having the same issue you are, my clones weren't all ready at the same time and now I have almost a 2 week age difference. Also your clones have nicer roots than mine did, I feel like I really rushed and screwed that part up, unfortunately I had a nasty flu for weeks and didn't have the energy to do it right. Oh well. My oldest are now on day 14 of 12/12.

You're going to defoliate at 16 days? Jrosek was saying 21 days last I read, he also said he thinks it really slows down stretch. I don't know what to think, the fan leaves are really starting to get in the way but I want them to keep stretching, the tallest are only 11".

Good luck bro I'll be here watching & learning :smokin:

Thanks blue. It's good to see you. Typing day 16 and 45 was an error on my part and a good catch on your part. I meant to type in day 21 and 45. I will be following Jro's technique.

I'm glad you'll be tagging along!

:grinjoint:

Hey 420fied, I didn't catch your last journal until after you wrapped it up, but I was very impressed. I look forward to following along this round. I love the simplicity of this grow, should be fun to watch, good luck bro!
Peace,
NEPharmer

So happy to see my old friend 420fied geared up for another first rate show ;)

I don't have enough time to follow as many journals as I'd like and have to choose wisely ;)

:popcorn: This is the one for me :popcorn:

:passitleft:

lol i might start raiding peoples recycling if times get too tough. You guys ever work with panda film? I swapped out the mylar in my bloom box with some panda film and it really made a huge difference in how bright it is inside. I can actually line 3 plants in a row where with the mylar I could only fit 2 and adequately light them. Good stuff and it's stronger and makes less noise when you're working with it haha

Hey 420fied, I didn't catch your last journal until after you wrapped it up, but I was very impressed. I look forward to following along this round. I love the simplicity of this grow, should be fun to watch, good luck bro!
Peace,
NEPharmer

Thanks NE. I'm glad you found this one in time to come along for the ride.

420fied, looks like you're off to a great start! :welldone:

I'm looking forward to watching & learning! :popcorn:
:cheer:

Thanks Mr. I will be planting approximately 20 more plants within the next day or two and that will make almost 40 in pots so we're definitely off to a strong start.

SHIIAATT nice setup homie

Thank you. I'm keeping it simple for this run.

So happy to see my old friend 420fied geared up for another first rate show ;)

I don't have enough time to follow as many journals as I'd like and have to choose wisely ;)

:popcorn: This is the one for me :popcorn:

:passitleft:

Ahhh..... so good to see you old friend. I'm glad you'll be coming along as I always value your input.

lol i might start raiding peoples recycling if times get too tough. You guys ever work with panda film? I swapped out the mylar in my bloom box with some panda film and it really made a huge difference in how bright it is inside. I can actually line 3 plants in a row where with the mylar I could only fit 2 and adequately light them. Good stuff and it's stronger and makes less noise when you're working with it haha

2 liters mania!! :)

I will be transplanting another 20 or so plants within the next day or two and I will add pictures when I do.

Good growing!

:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom